RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 17, 2024, 03:13:40 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | PS3 TV Commercials 0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: PS3 TV Commercials  (Read 2652 times)
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« on: December 06, 2006, 12:37:02 AM »

All right, so you all know I'm the Sony "Fanboy", if you will, but I just have to say those weird spacey commercials I keep seeing aren't going to sell any more PS3s. They're fucking weird, and more importantly they don't tell us how much the PS3 pwns other systems. What, do you want people thinking the PS3 makes rubix cubes explode? Or spawns evil babies?

According to the interweb you want to steal everything from Nintendo, but why didn't you steal their commercial format? Hell, this is almost as bad as if you had called PS3 the Pii.

I've had some good times defending your honor Sony, I felt like I had to for all those thousands of hours of entertainment you gave me, but I can't keep defending you if you're just going to be retards.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 01:32:17 AM »

Yeah they are freaky.

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 02:45:50 AM »

According to the interweb you want to steal everything from Nintendo, but why didn't you steal their commercial format? Hell, this is almost as bad as if you had called PS3 the Pii.

Funny laugh

Wait and see I guess, I mean Sega didn't come out with the best Saturn ads 'til the end.
Sega Saturn shiro!

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 12:56:25 PM »

I thought they already made a PSPii. Wink

Yeah the commercials are wierd. I laugh at the one where the PS3 is melting... Cool

NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 02:25:22 PM »

I think their plan for those commercials was for people to talk about them at the water cooler.
"Hey did you see that really strange commercial?"
 "Oh yeah that Playstation ad"
"I don't know what it does, but I'm going to buy one"
"Me too"

« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 02:27:57 PM by NES_Rules » Logged

chrisbid
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 02:31:03 PM »

and people bitched at the "It's thinking" campaign
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 03:31:15 PM »

Reminds me of TLC's Life Lessons commercials.  What the heck are they ?  Trinkets you can buy or the name of some program thats going to air. 

Rejinx
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2006, 11:05:55 PM »

I think there OK.  But I have to say they have done one of the smartest ad idea's.  The ding noise at the begining of every Playstation commercial is genius.  I remember being in the other room and hearing that ding and running into the room to watch the commercial.  I must say that scared me a little  paranoid

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Rejinx[/img]
My Podcast: www.RetroRundown.com
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2006, 11:36:34 PM »

I think there OK.  But I have to say they have done one of the smartest ad idea's.  The ding noise at the begining of every Playstation commercial is genius.  I remember being in the other room and hearing that ding and running into the room to watch the commercial.  I must say that scared me a little  paranoid

Microsoft is doing the same thing with Windows Vista.  Now whenever you boot, there is an un-disableable noise that tells you when your computer has booted.  Not when you log in, but when it has booted up.  Same concept I think.

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2006, 03:24:07 AM »

With Sony's current financial situation, plus the fact they are losing money for every PS3 sold at this point, perhaps they wanted to wait until they start making profit before they bother paying someone to make their commercials.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2006, 10:41:34 AM »

What's Sony's financial situation? I can't imagine they've got anything to worry about. Companies always lose money on consoles when they first come out.

And they have to have commercials, that's important. But they shouldn't have such wacked ones.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2006, 12:40:45 PM »

Sony has been losing a lot of money across the board. The battery recall hurt them a lot as well. Since April (I think) Sony stock has fallen 25%. No they are losing money on PS3's so they don't have the PS cash cow. If Blu Ray fails which history is against Sony I think they will sell off the Playstation brand. I don't think this will happen any time soon though.

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2006, 03:02:49 PM »

The commercial with the baby doll scares the shit out of me.
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2006, 10:03:32 PM »

I will have to look up these ads on YouTube.com if I want to relate, since the PS3 doesn't even come out until next year here, and there are no pre-PS3 ads. We still get PS2 ads Vs. 360 & Wii ads. The Wii came out just a few days ago here, a great move as it'll sell well this Xmas.

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2006, 10:12:43 PM »

This

Is OK... I wouldn't buy a PS3 because of it. But the nice thing is it dose tell me that the much cheaper HDDVD has 30gig. A BluRay fanboy was telling everyone at work, oh HDDVD isn't any bigger than a normal DVD. So thank you Sony, I can now shut him up Smiley

But then I watch

With the same boring dull voice.... and now I think they aren't OK. They are REALLY boring. I agree with him when he says "not very exciting is it"

I can't be bothered looking up any more now, because it's only midday, and I don't feel like a nap.... is the PS3 smarter than you? Oh yes, people want to hear that their video game console is smarter than them. Leon is right. These ads may even do more harm than good.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length