RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 27, 2024, 05:09:40 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | Marvel Civil War 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Marvel Civil War  (Read 2463 times)
Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« on: December 01, 2006, 04:12:40 AM »

I don't know if anyone here reads comics.  But if you do (or don't) you should check them out.  The basic story line is: after an accident that caused the distruction of Stamford Connecticut the US government has passed a law forcing anyone with super powers to register with the government.  the new law has split the heroes of the marvel universe in half.  One half sides with Iron man  in support of the law.  The other siding with Capitan America in opposition to the law. 

So far Capitan America has Spiderman, Debrii, Falcon, Nick Fury, Hercules, Human Torch, Invisible Woman, Justice, Monica Rambeau, Silhouette, Spider-Woman, Triathlon, Ultra Girl, and The Punisher on his side.

While Iron Man has Black Widow, Doc Samson, Mr. Fantastic, She-Hulk, Tigra, a Clone of Thor, Wasp, Yellowjacket and a bunch of Villians they hired after getting desperate for help (which is when the Punisher joined with Capitan America).

Pop Culture Portal
RFG Friend
United States
Awards: Tournament Winner

Stats
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 09:44:53 AM »

You could say I collect comics (10,000+ sitting in my room)...

Civil War is by far one of the best comic stories I've ever read.  I haven't gotten very far in the storyline, due to finaces and Christmas and all that, but I plan on buying more books to keep up with this great story.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 11:55:42 AM »

I have 1-4 but have only read 1 and 2. Good stuff. Should I try and get all the extra issues or just the main series?

Pop Culture Portal
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 01:25:57 PM »

The Spider-Man comics definitely add a little more info and ALOT more fun to the series, not sure about the others...haven't gotten that far yet...

Zimbacca
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 06:18:43 PM »

I have issues 1-5 of the Civil War comics, issues 3-7 of Civil War: front line four of the Spider-man tie-ins, one of the Captain America tie-ins, and one of the Iron man ones.  All of them are awesome and I'm hoping to get the rest of them as soon as possable.

Pop Culture Portal
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 10:15:32 PM »

***SPOILER*** (for those who care)...

I can't recall which Spider-Man issue it is, but the page where Spider-Man reveals his secret ID on national TV and J. Jameson is watching when that happens...I can only image what went through his flat-top head...I laughed so damn hard when I saw those panels...

...sorry, went a little fan-boy on you guys...

Zimbacca
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2006, 12:52:52 AM »

It's OK, I laughed my ass off too.  I believe it was The Amazing Spider-man issue 535 or 536 I may be wrong though.  I have it in my room, but I'm way too lazy to go check.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2006, 11:20:56 PM »

Sounds wicked cool.

Could you list specific issues so i can check them out?... hopefully.

Also whats the approx price of these comics?

Pop Culture Portal
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2006, 06:48:06 PM »

The best place to check it out is, unbelievably, on Wikipedia...just type in Marvel Civil War and you'll go straight to the topic...and yes, Howard the Duck is involved...

There are ALOT, I mean a TON of issues for the story...at the bottom of the article is listed an on-going list of issues involved...prices will run you anywhere from a buck up to $5 an issue...great article and full of spoilers, which I tried not to read since I'm not completely into the story yet...

I miss the 10 cent issue days...I think I just dated myself Sad

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2006, 08:30:56 PM »

and yes, Howard the Duck is involved...

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I am waiting for the trade paperback for all the "extra" issues.

Zimbacca
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2006, 02:23:40 AM »

I think it said on Marvel.com that there were something like 85 issues total to the Civil War series.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length