RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2024, 11:27:34 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Wii Elbow 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Poll
Question: Have you ever been hurt gaming?
Sore thumbs   -13 (59.1%)
Spraned ankle (damn Powerpad)   -0 (0%)
Worse (I am way too hardcore)   -3 (13.6%)
No (I not that hardcore)   -5 (22.7%)
Other? (Explain)   -1 (4.5%)
Total Voters: 21

Author Topic: Wii Elbow  (Read 4873 times)
Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2006, 09:24:31 PM »

being sore is a major disaster you need an Ambulance, nurses and a couple of Doctors at least to get you through all the pain an suffering...........er no sorry its Leprosy im thinking of.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2006, 11:23:30 PM »

Sore palm.
From the original Mario Party. 
There was a mini game where you had to rotate the control stick as fast as you can for an extended period of time.  I found that the fastest I could rotate was when I would put the control stick up against my palm and rub it circles with my open hand.  It worked, but after a while it started to hurt.
Argh.
ARGH.

I honestly can't think of anything too bad. My arms get tired from holding the DS in the air for hours on end (not so with the oh-so-light Micro). Uh... my ankle starts to hurt a lot when I play DDR for too long. I've gotten shocked by the plug of a DDR pad. Beyond all that, no.

Heh i have electrocuted so many times it is rediculous.
A few times it has been videogame related.
More often than not it is cable box related though.

For some reason it seems that many of them arn't grounded properly.

OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2006, 08:07:25 PM »

Those Dreamcast fighters kill my thumbs.  And Crazy Taxi... jamming gears to do crazy dashes and crazy drifts.

Does anyone use an arcade pad?  I've got one for the n64, and its worthless if you have friends over and are short controllers.  Its only good for Mario Golf.  But thats beside the point.   Does anyone use one and is it worth investing in one for the Dreamcast?  Every time I play Dead or Alive, Capcom vs SNK, Fatal Fury, King of Fighters '99 and Evolution, my thumbs get sore in less than two hours, and I can't play any other button/combo intensive game for a couple days.  Help here, anyone?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 08:09:03 PM by OatBob » Logged

it's thinking
OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2006, 08:12:27 PM »

Hey, other injuries I forget about.  Haha, my brother and I usually trade punches after each round of (no need for Super) Mario Bros.

And of course there's all the cuts, burns, and shocks involved in modding and repairs.  Just be careful while opening your blisterpack controllers this Chrismas.

it's thinking
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2006, 08:14:00 PM »

When I 1st got Fighters Megamix for the Saturn I played it so much my left thumb was sore, so I put a band-aid on it as padding so I could keep playing it Tongue

Ando
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2006, 08:52:34 PM »

Heh i have electrocuted so many times it is rediculous.
A few times it has been videogame related.
More often than not it is cable box related though.

For some reason it seems that many of them arn't grounded properly.
Yeah, same here. Don't know what's up with those stupid things. I haven't gotten shocked yet by our current one, though. It's a Time Warner DVR we got for free. Smiley
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2006, 02:20:47 AM »

OatBob is right about those damn blister packs. They are annoying.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
wrldstrman
nintedo completist
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2006, 10:03:49 PM »

cramped hands ..to bad they dont make oversized controllers for extra lagre hands..

need last 3 nes items  chubby cherub box, stadium event manual and complete myriad
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2006, 10:15:21 PM »

Guitar Hero kills may hands after playing for some time.

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2006, 09:46:30 PM »

I need to rescind my vote. Wii Sports Tennis and my excessive amount playing it has made my wrist sore.

Hello World.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length