RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2024, 01:20:10 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Wii Elbow 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Poll
Question: Have you ever been hurt gaming?
Sore thumbs   -13 (59.1%)
Spraned ankle (damn Powerpad)   -0 (0%)
Worse (I am way too hardcore)   -3 (13.6%)
No (I not that hardcore)   -5 (22.7%)
Other? (Explain)   -1 (4.5%)
Total Voters: 21

Author Topic: Wii Elbow  (Read 4881 times)
Rejinx
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:13:21 PM »

I thought gamer's thumb was a bitch. Huh

Posted Nov 16th 2006 3:22PM by Darren Murph

While there's always the chance you'll be bludgeoned or shot up while holding down the fort for your chance to snag a Playstation 3, those who take the (presumably) easier route and grab a Nintendo Wii may be buying an accident waiting to happen. Those oh-so-cautious execs over at Wally World have already passed on their chance to install Wii demo kiosks due to "safety concerns," and even those testing it out in GameStop will be keenly watched. In preparation for Wiiday, 1UP has sacrificed some of its own men and women to ensure that all that pent-up excitement (not to mention the effects of sleep deprivation) doesn't lead to a Wiinjury. Although the big N fully expects everyone grasping a Wiimote to buckle up (to their wrist) first, we all know that's not likely to happen -- so you should probably take precautions to avoid getting butterfingers, tennis elbow, entangled, strangled, cancer (saywha?), and a whole host of other potential wounds.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Rejinx[/img]
My Podcast: www.RetroRundown.com
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 05:06:00 PM »

I've been getting pains up my left arm after I play for a long time. I hope it isn't RSI.
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 05:49:37 PM »

I have never been injured playing video games.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 07:10:13 PM »

Sore thumbs long ago.

djbeatmongrel
Donor

Stats
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 08:36:50 PM »

i picked sore thumbs cuase thats closest to the worst to happen so far. i have gained callouses on my fingers due to guitar hero and guitar hero 2. recently have grown one on my thumb for gripping the guitar neck...
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 08:54:03 PM »

Sore thumbs from Mario Kart years ago. Also I was probably dangerously close to getting that thing that happens with your wrist when Rome: Total War first came out and I played it 35 hours a day.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2006, 01:14:23 AM »

There isn't a choice for me since i have had my tooth broken and gotten severe blisters on my thumbs.

Actually not so much blisters as button impressions and callusous.

Rejinx
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2006, 11:52:40 AM »

My worst is really sore thumbs from the NES Controller.  After 9 or 10 hours of steady play with those damn concave buttons, the skin on my thump started cutting and bleeding a little, so I wraped it in a bandaid and kept playing. (I was 10 years old and not that bright).

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Rejinx[/img]
My Podcast: www.RetroRundown.com
Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2006, 02:09:57 PM »

er had sore thumbs like everyone the PSX pad isnt made for Street fighter and have got that numb wrist and arm thing from spending too much time on the PC (stuff like Battelfield 2).
Guitar Hero made 3 fingers on my left hand sore so didnt try any harder and gave it back!
Rubbed a giant blister on my finger one holiday playing in arcades too much but it was 1992 and the Street Fighter 2 again, and of course the very sore neck after playing and concentrating on a game for hours and hours when i should be going to bed.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2006, 02:33:39 PM »

Since i am in better straights now than i was at 1:30 in the AM.

Star Fox 64 left A button labeled into my finger for over 12 hours after playing.
Tetris on Gameboy i am pretty sure has given my arthrtis in my right thumb(technically this is thanks to all games and probably also when i broke my hand)
threw my shoulder out again playing wii sports
broke a tooth i believe due to Sonic.
skinned my back while playing GoldenEye (slid off the edge of the bed and hit the frame)
Among many others. Not so much to me when i consider how many endless hours i use to play and how violent it could get sometimes...

My cuz wins all though.
Since his was a subconcious thing.
He picked up a tick from playing quest 64 and he would do this akward "yes, i am victorious" armpump.
But since everytime he did it while playig the game he was holding the controller with both hands it was more like he was going to hit himself in the chest.
It only took him like 2 years to completely stop doing it.

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2006, 05:12:07 PM »

Sore palm.
From the original Mario Party. 
There was a mini game where you had to rotate the control stick as fast as you can for an extended period of time.  I found that the fastest I could rotate was when I would put the control stick up against my palm and rub it circles with my open hand.  It worked, but after a while it started to hurt.   

Worst I get now is a sore spot on my right arm where it hits the edge of my desk.
That one I blame on WoW.

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2006, 10:00:23 AM »

I've had sore thumbs and a few bruises from beating my friends at games.  They in turn beat me.  8-)  Gotta love arm punches

chrisbid
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2006, 10:43:13 AM »

i grew up with an intellivision, i am immune to pain from modern controllers as a result
Ando
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2006, 11:51:29 AM »

Sore palm.
From the original Mario Party. 
There was a mini game where you had to rotate the control stick as fast as you can for an extended period of time.  I found that the fastest I could rotate was when I would put the control stick up against my palm and rub it circles with my open hand.  It worked, but after a while it started to hurt.
Argh.
ARGH.

I honestly can't think of anything too bad. My arms get tired from holding the DS in the air for hours on end (not so with the oh-so-light Micro). Uh... my ankle starts to hurt a lot when I play DDR for too long. I've gotten shocked by the plug of a DDR pad. Beyond all that, no.
tholly
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2006, 04:19:36 PM »

everyone gets sore somewhere after long gaming sessions (thumbs, wrists, palms, etc..) but other than that, i haven't had any major injuries.....and i wouldn't really call being sore an injury....

Collection Pics--Excel Collection Spreadsheet--XBox Live Gamertag: tholly1983 - PS3 Name: tholly - Wii Code: 6005 4631 6751 2174
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length