RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2024, 11:30:54 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | Virtual boy RULES! 0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Virtual boy RULES!  (Read 3957 times)
neskid
Jaguar CD

Stats
« on: November 04, 2006, 04:09:29 PM »

Today i just got my virtual boy in the mail! I've been waiting for it for about a week. finally i got it in i was full of excitement! i paid 60 bucks for it and it came complete with the box,  instructions for the VB with the little inserts. The AC adapter in the orginal AC box. 5 games, Mario Clash, Mario's Tennis(with manual), Red Alarm, WarioLand (Complete), V-Tetris(Complete). I didnt know what to expect since i havent played the VB since it first came out over 10 yrs ago at a target display. First game i played was Mario's Tennis as soon as i turned it on it was incredible! The sound the red screen, everthing about it! Then V-Tetris love the 3rd music option. Then Mario Clash a great game. Then Red Alarm talk bout action! Then i played teleroboxer a great boxing game! I still havent played Wario Land yet i'll save that for last. Overall the VB is truly a great system! I only think of what could have been if they never discontinued it. I plan on getting as many games as i can both U.S. and Japan titles. Anyways i just want to get everyones elses opinion on the VB.
Mezmoron
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 04:17:31 PM »

I really wish I still had mine...I used to love that system.  I never had the AC adapter, but it was great while I had it!  I only had Mario Tennis and Teleroboxer.  Teleroboxer gets freaking hard after a while.

Ken

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/Mezmoron.png[/img]
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 04:47:00 PM »

It's tough on the eyes if you play it too long. That, the single color (red) and the fact that it's a portable system that's not really portable are what doomed it. It's too bad because it is a great system if only for the unique experience it is to play.

I've got 2 of them and about 10 games. I love it.

neskid
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 11:24:46 PM »

The only tough part to me about the VB is the stance you have to be in for a long period of time. My neck was sore playing it for the first couple of times but now i'm use to it. I got another game since last time i posted. i got vertical force, came as a surprise when i got another VB on ebay! Now i'm just waiting on galatic pinball to get in. I actually like the red being the single color, something different. That will bring me to 8 games. I want to get a hold of one of those blockbuster hard cases for the VB, that way it will be easier to carry around and protect it.
Kevincal
Donor
United States
Awards: RFG Promoter

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 12:05:06 AM »

Ya I bought the VBOY back in 1996 when they were clearing them out for $30 at TRU...I really enjoyed Mario's Tennis, Wario Land, and Red Alarm.  I have about 10 games, some being Japanese.  Good thing the VBOY doesn't have a region lockout.  Smiley  However, I'm probably gonna be selling some semi-rare VBOY games on eBay within the next week or so...

Cherish the most important things in life, your health & family.
neskid
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 12:20:26 AM »

Oh really! what games are u planing on selling?
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 04:53:28 PM »

The VB is a fun little system.

neskid
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2006, 12:02:06 AM »

Got a few more games for the totally awsome VB! I got galatic Pinball, Golf, Panic Bomber, and i'm expecting Baseball and Jack bros by next week so hopefully everything goes well. I'm so addicted to this system i havent play any of my other systems for about a month. I think the only way ill quit playing is when my optic nerve burns out due to the redness of the VB!
Rejinx
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2006, 11:14:55 PM »

Awesome man, I love Mario Tennis too.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Rejinx[/img]
My Podcast: www.RetroRundown.com
neskid
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2006, 04:59:20 PM »

Finally got jack Bros. in today i paid more than i wanted but oh well it is going to be put to good use. I paid 40 for the game and man when i played it i just thought of how a Zelda or a good RPG game would be like on the VB. Well that just leaves me with 3 more games then i have the whole U.S. set. I'm collecting them loose for now. Then later i will get them complete. First its the U.S. set, then the Japanese set then try to get them all complete.
Rejinx
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2006, 08:25:21 PM »

Finally got jack Bros. in today i paid more than i wanted but oh well it is going to be put to good use. I paid 40 for the game and man when i played it i just thought of how a Zelda or a good RPG game would be like on the VB. Well that just leaves me with 3 more games then i have the whole U.S. set. I'm collecting them loose for now. Then later i will get them complete. First its the U.S. set, then the Japanese set then try to get them all complete.

$40 loose, ouch  speechless

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Rejinx[/img]
My Podcast: www.RetroRundown.com
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2006, 08:50:28 PM »

Did you know there are several games that will cost you 750-1000+ for the Japanese VB?

neskid
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2006, 08:59:59 PM »

Yeah i know that some of those titles are that expensive. I'm not planing on buying them any time soon. ill rather have patience and see if i i ever find them in the wild. Hopefully i will get lucky someday.
neskid
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2006, 09:03:28 PM »

$40 loose, ouch  speechless
Yeah your telling me! Good thing i had a good weekend at the poker tables. Cool
MrMark0673
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2006, 09:27:43 AM »

$40 loose is actually a pretty good price for that, its the rarest North American release for the system.  Good luck with those rarer imports, that mansion FPS looks pretty sweet if you can get a hold of it (insomouse's mansion or something?).
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length