RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 28, 2024, 01:20:14 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | How close are you to a complete collection? 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: How close are you to a complete collection?  (Read 5339 times)
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« on: June 08, 2004, 06:38:27 AM »

I got Street Fighter Alpha in the mail a few days back, which means I'll only need 16 more games to complete my saturn collection.  That shouldn't take too long. Second most complete collection is the dreamcast. I need about a 100 more for that. A lot of games, but I'm already over half.

Is anybody here close to a complete collection, or any other cool game collecting goal?
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2004, 06:56:29 AM »

the 2 I'm closest to completing are not impressive at all. the Pico and Game.com. they both suck and the libraries are small.

On a more impressive scale I'm within 100 for a complete Dreamcast collection and I need less than 40 to complete the Intellivision library.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2004, 07:15:08 AM »

I'm only a few away from a complete collection of Odyssey 2 and R-Zone.  Both of these have really small libraries, though.  I've probably got less than 50 for a complete set of Dreamcast games, but right now money is tight, so that will have to wait.  And of course, there are the systems like IneractiveVision that any collector can claim he/she has "less than ten to go" for a complete set.

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2004, 08:01:16 AM »

I need 5 more games for a complete 32x collection, but I keep getting outbid by the same 5 people everytime they come up on E-bay.  Other than that the system I am closest to completing is my master system collection (I need about 70 more).
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2004, 08:06:59 AM »

Well, at least those five people will soon have all of the ones you need and stop outbidding you, right?

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2004, 08:08:37 AM »

That will be 25 times later, Nep.

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2004, 08:23:47 AM »

That's what I keep hoping, but it never works like that.  Damn you Ascorbic.  Damn you and your deep pockets.
Geondp
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2004, 11:51:51 AM »

Im 1 game away from Sega Cd collection, 35 games away form SMS, 110 DC games away, 234 Gen games away, and less then 100 sat games ..

Fuck you asshole Ill fuck you in the butt lets get DIRTY!!-Geondp
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2004, 01:34:18 PM »

And of course, there are the systems like IneractiveVision that any collector can claim he/she has "less than ten to go" for a complete set.

heh heh, count me amongst them.

Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2004, 07:18:02 PM »

I'm pretty close to a complete game.com, about 150 away from complete Tiger LCD, and about 200 away from a complete NES.

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
2D-Forever
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2004, 04:57:33 PM »

I'm about a year away from having enough cash to have a collection of videogames beyond the gracious count of "good ones" on the systems I own.

Someday though, I will look at those shelves and say (I really will say this too) "look upon my wallet and dispair!"  as the shelves fill up with awesome games that I don't have the cash to own right now.

-God gave us memories so we could languish in dispair.
-Once delayed, Twice dismayed.  SNK
NESJunkie
Sega 32X

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2004, 07:23:29 PM »

Id say I am around 245+ away from my NES goal. It's a long road ahead yet, but its fun collecting for it.

I was the 13th member to join this site. My parents were married on Friday the 13th. I was married on the 13th. Feeling lucky?

Here is a link to my profile on VAPS. I am mainly an arcade collector now. http://www.vaps.org/membe...tail.php?member_id=381193
Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2004, 01:48:28 AM »

I'm not too far behind Andrew with my NES stuff. I don't have an exact number but app 300 (give or take 10-15 games) shy. This time I actually counted...lol Before I thought it was about 200 cause the boxes on my floor looked like they contained a lot more games than they did. Damn do them NES carts take up space...hehe
« Last Edit: June 21, 2004, 01:49:43 AM by Antimind » Logged

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2004, 03:50:48 AM »

i dont collect for any set system i get what i can put my hands on but i definately reach for the stuff that is different in some way, limited recalled alternate versions etc. The system i want to finish collecting for my DC but i dont see that happening soon. I also dont go out of my way to get anything imported. Come to think of it i own nothing imported.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2004, 03:54:20 AM by IZRET101 » Logged

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2004, 06:53:07 AM »

I have a complete 32X collection. All of the games are CIB. I need 2 more O2 games for that library. I need 2 boxes and 2 manuals so all the O2 games will be CIB. I need 7 more SMS games to have that library all CIB.

The next two close collections are Genesis which I need about 145 more and the Intellivision I am about half way there for taht system.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length