RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 29, 2024, 04:24:50 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | intellivision checklist 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: intellivision checklist  (Read 2405 times)
wrldstrman
nintedo completist
3DO
United States

Stats
« on: October 17, 2006, 10:02:03 PM »

these games are missing from check list  US

SNAFU  SEARS

FROG BOG  SEARS

US SKI TEAM  SKIING MATTEL

need last 3 nes items  chubby cherub box, stadium event manual and complete myriad
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 10:57:40 PM »

Umm, those checklists were a pet project of Mike's, so at this time I don't know how we'd go about updating those. Perhaps Scott or someone on staff in their free time can make checklists a hobby.

Hello World.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 11:08:03 PM »

I might be able to keep up on the lists since it is something i would be able to do in short bursts of free time ofver the course of a day or 2. I will need to tinker a bit first though.

You can send me copies of the files for the lists we have up now or a master template... if there is one.

If i do end up doing the updating on these i would end up adding the number of games on the list at the top of the page with the "last update" info is.

bum-man
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 08:33:41 PM »

I have recently been doing some development with PDF forms for a project at work.  Based on that experience it seems like adding the ability to create on the fly checklists (with the items you own already checked off!) is a possibility here.  That way the checklists would never need to be updated since they would pull directly from the MySQL tables.  I would be happy to create the needed PHP to drive this as well as the PDF form template that would be filled.  If you are interested I can do playing over the next week and make sure it's all doable.  If it looks like a go I would need the MySQL schema to create the finalized scripts to turn over to you guys.  Let me know.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=bum-man[/img]
I need more room for all my $#!%
TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 07:42:42 PM »

Well, first we need the games database back, which so far our host has been pretty fucking unwilling to turn over. Irritating, really. Apparently the new collection script was causing issues on the shared server, and as such we rolled back to a collection database that was file based, not mySQL based. Thing is though, we still need the games and hardware databases for the things to work. To say I am not utterly ticked off right now would be a lie. But hey, if we get our tables back, and you are willing to do this as a labor of love, I'd certainly wouldn't oppose to you doing it. Hell, you could even get a nifty staff designation, and umm, the server apparently if off in its time, interesting.

Hello World.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 01:37:41 PM »

I have a way to pull just the title and Publisher from the old text files that our database is in. I was playing around with the formatting and then converting it in to a PDF.

Here are some files that I was playing with.

* NES.txt (36.28 KB - downloaded 254 times.)
* NES.xls (69 KB - downloaded 191 times.)

Pop Culture Portal
RFG Friend
United States
Awards: Tournament Winner

Stats
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 03:45:37 PM »

Count me in as someone willing to volunteer their time with any database...as long as it doesn't involve mySQL or any other form of HTML or whatever.  I'm clueless when it comes to that stuff.  Maybe I could be good mental support instead.  laugh

bum-man
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2006, 07:41:50 PM »

I have a way to pull just the title and Publisher from the old text files that our database is in. I was playing around with the formatting and then converting it in to a PDF.

Here are some files that I was playing with.

Thanks for the files, I am guessing I won't need them.  I am sure that they guys will have the issues with mySQL worked out in short order.  I did a little looking today and it appears fairly straight forward to create an FDF file from the mySQL data using PHP.  The FDF file will be set to reference a PDF Form template so when you load it you end up with the filled in checklist.  I'll keep playing and let you know.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=bum-man[/img]
I need more room for all my $#!%
TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2006, 10:31:40 PM »

I hope we get our database back, and I hope the mySQL issues are fixed, because taking down our games database certainly didn't fix it. Again, if they read this site, and I certainly don't think they do, I implore that you, our wonderful host, should upgrade the mySQL server version.

Provided that we get our db back, and we damn well better, I'd love for that feature to be somehow implemented into the site, and I thank you bum-man for even throwing the idea out there, just in case the mySQL database is not returned to us, and we have to rebuild it.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 10:35:19 PM by TraderJake » Logged

Hello World.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length