RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 29, 2024, 12:26:21 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Site Upgraded 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Site Upgraded  (Read 5252 times)
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2006, 12:15:38 PM »

Right now there is nothing that will tell you how many submissions you made are yet to be reviewed, and it will not show you approved or rejected submissions yet. It wouldn't be too difficult to write a log to see your submissions or approved submissions; the most difficult part of that would be keeping the log from being too large. I'll look into that once our games database goes back online, which is why when you look at your collection or search collections you see nothing.

Hello World.
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2006, 08:50:21 AM »

after we add a game to the submit info link could some one send a PM to tel us its added

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2006, 03:58:59 PM »

Well, the thing about sending a PM everytime a submission is approved is that we often approve lots of submissions at once. So, I don't want to spam anyone's PM box with 60 PMs all at once. In addition, some people have it set so that they recieve an email when they are PMed.

Right now, I am working on a submissions log of sorts. It will show you all your submissions that still need to be approved, and it'll also show you all your approved submissions. Expect that in the next week or so.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 08:33:43 PM by TraderJake » Logged

Hello World.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2006, 07:54:40 AM »

I don't know if this has been found or brought up yet but when adding games to your collection all of the Hardware that has been submitted for system also shows up.  I don't know if it is likewise while adding hardware to you collection that the software shows up.  On another note I didn't know you could add hardware!  Good job guys!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
bum-man
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2006, 11:43:25 AM »

Did you have the dropdown labeled "Type" at "Software"?  That should be the default when you click "Add Games" but when you click "Advanced Search" it defaults to --All types-- which will show hardware and sofware (games).

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=bum-man[/img]
I need more room for all my $#!%
St0rmTK421
The Black Perl
Director

Stats
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2006, 09:59:05 PM »

Yes, what bum-man said.  The searches all work depending on what you have the type set for.  The defaults can be easily changed if they are not set properly, I really wasn't thinking about the defaults when I was changing it.  Was more worried about getting it working in the first place Smiley

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
We will always keep it on channel 3!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2006, 11:40:44 AM »

Did you have the dropdown labeled "Type" at "Software"?  That should be the default when you click "Add Games" but when you click "Advanced Search" it defaults to --All types-- which will show hardware and sofware (games).

I'm positive I did.  I had it on Software.  It was the first thing I checked but I will try again to see if I was wrong.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Tan
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2006, 06:12:28 PM »

I'm not sure if this falls into the same category or not but the "All Collections" page is showing a discrepancy. When the hardware database went up i added Xbox 360 hardware listing to my list making 740, then removed it a few minutes later. the "All Collections" page still shows 740 but when you click my name and go into it, it shows the proper 739.  Tongue

just noticed that that xbox 360 hardware problem where the removed listing for the hardware still adds to my total is still showing up, 791 games listed, but the "all collections" page says 792 and the "all folders" under my profile says 792 as well. Tongue
St0rmTK421
The Black Perl
Director

Stats
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2006, 08:03:28 PM »

When a game is removed, all the collections that have that game need to be modified as well.  Whoever did the deleting forgot to do this.  Do you remember which entry was deleted?

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
We will always keep it on channel 3!
Tan
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2006, 11:23:02 PM »

Sorry, what i meant was after i removed the listing for the xbox 360 hardware out of my collection, that's when the problem started. at that time i had 739 games and the 360 made 740. i removed the xbox 360 hardware listing about 10 minutes later, some of the numbers showed 739 as they should others showed 740 still. It shows up sporatically from time to time not sure what causes it. Sorry for the confusion Tongue
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length