RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2024, 09:49:42 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Unopened games owned. 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Poll
Question: How many games do you own that you haven't opened yet?
0, Can't wait to crack 'em open and play 'em
1-5, I'll get around to 'em eventually.
6 or more, "Open them!?!?"

Author Topic: Unopened games owned.  (Read 2087 times)
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« on: September 29, 2006, 10:41:48 AM »

Occasionally I've seen posts where someone "just opened" or "hasn't even opened" a title.

For me, I've got 1-5. Some games I've bought because of a sale or deal, but just haven't gotten around to playing.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 10:43:37 AM »

I just opned Far Cry: Instincts so I could play they. I opened all (4 I think) my sealed 32X games so I could fill in more info on the game pages. Go check them out and let me know what you think.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 11:23:01 AM »

I buy my games to play, so somewhere along the line the box (or the file Wink pirate) gets opened.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 11:31:18 AM »

If I buy a game to play I always open them right away.  I have bought sealed NES games of which I own more than 6 that I'll never open (due to rarity/value), so I voted for the last one Wink

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 12:13:11 PM »

I have 1 or 2 I haven't opened yet.  Just haven't gotten around to it.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006, 04:28:21 PM »

I have about 50 sealed games.

But many of them are demos and e-reader cards and stuff.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2006, 06:12:20 PM »

I've got a few sealed games. Off the top of my head I know I have them for Xbox, PS2, N64, 7800, 2600 and SNES. I had a few sealed Genesis games but I opened all those when I sifted out all my doubles. The Atari games I may leave sealed since I have extra loose carts for all of them. The rest will get opened. I have no desire to collect sealed games.

The one thing about shrink wrap is that it will keep shrinking. I haven't heard this as an issue for video games but it's a big one for record collectors. Leaving LP's sealed will eventually ruin the sleeve and possibly warp the record The shrink wrap keeps shrinking as it ages and it eventually starts rounding out the corners. I've found a few sealed LP's that the shrink wrap was so tight the corners even started to bend.

Obviously this won't make a difference for CD games or ones that have plastic cases like Genesis or Master System though I suppose the wrap could eventually split and unseal the game all by itself. It could potentially be damaging to cardboard box games though.

It's something to think about.

Rejinx
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2006, 06:47:59 PM »

I got 1 PS2 game I haven't got around to playing.  The rest I got for cheap and ether don't own the system to play them or have no want to play them, like my game.com games.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Rejinx[/img]
My Podcast: www.RetroRundown.com
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2006, 07:46:25 PM »

Yea i have heard about the ever shrinking wrap.

I have heard a small slit or 2 on the sides could fix the issue.

But i have no clue since i have never tired.

ganonbanned
Nintendo 64
United States
Awards: The RFG Kid

Stats
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2006, 12:36:29 PM »

I have wild 9 sealed.
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2006, 01:05:27 PM »

I have about 50 games I haven't gotten round to playing. They're mostly master system games, from back when I bought a bundle of 45 of them.

I buy them, then put them on the shelf "for later", then my mind wanders and I go off and do something else.

It's not too bad if they're cheap, "collectible" games. But I have a few modern games I haven't played, or haven't put much time into. As before, I play them for a couple of hours, then I wander off and do something else.

I should really focus on a few certain games and not play anything else for a while.
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2006, 02:35:26 PM »

I have some factory sealed NES games, and then a bunch of newer stuff which I bought on sale which I haven't gotten around to playing yet.

All told, I would say about 25 sealed games. The NES games will probably never be opened. Some of those I have opened CIB versions of.

Funk_Buddy
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2006, 07:01:26 PM »

I have at least 30 games sealed... I've never counted to be exact. At some point, they will be all opened and played at least once.

Slowly building an ammo fort.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length