RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2024, 04:28:03 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | whats your favorite controller? 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Poll
Question: which controller of all game systems was your favorite?
Genesis
NES
SNES
Dreamcast
Playstation 1 or 2
the Various Atari paddles
N64
Saturn
Jaguar
game cube
xbox/xbox360
the one i forgot.

Author Topic: whats your favorite controller?  (Read 7247 times)
TurboGrafxer AKA DCer
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2006, 11:41:16 PM »

i went with genesis. i just liked the rounded shape. it felt smooth in the curves or my hands. that might explain why i play the genesis like i was smokin crack. n64 just messes me all up with the trigger, even though some game i used to play strictly used the trigger and pad above it for one handed gaming. does anyone know what game that was? i just got a 64 a few days ago and last i remembered that game rocked my world.
the game cube controller sucks in my opinion. the button layout messes me all up. i did want to vote for dreamcasts controller cause it felt so secure with the hand grips underneath and easy thumbing. damn now i want to change my vote. oh well.

You're my hero. Vanilla Ice RULES! I can't believe that there is another SERIOUS Vanilla Ice fan on this site. The special edition DVD should be called "Cool As Ice: Drop That Zero Edition".
Tan
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2006, 11:20:50 PM »

i'm kind of surprised keyboard/mouse wasn't on there
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2006, 12:22:26 AM »

Playstation Analog.

When shall his new form be revealed?
UNFORGIVINGPAIN
Donor
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2006, 08:41:07 AM »

I said Playstation, but SNES is a close second in my book.
TurboGrafxer AKA DCer
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2006, 03:49:20 PM »

i'm kind of surprised keyboard/mouse wasn't on there

thats why i put 'the one i forgot' cause my mind went blank after a minute.

You're my hero. Vanilla Ice RULES! I can't believe that there is another SERIOUS Vanilla Ice fan on this site. The special edition DVD should be called "Cool As Ice: Drop That Zero Edition".
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2006, 04:27:42 PM »

I don't enjoy PS controllers at all! The PS controller was the reason I bought a N64 and I'm very glad with my choice.
The PS controller was the reason I bought a N64 and I'm very glad with my choice.

This is the exact reason I didn't get a Play Station.
What? N64 was probably the worst controller ever. God I hate that thing.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2006, 05:30:44 PM »

I don't enjoy PS controllers at all! The PS controller was the reason I bought a N64 and I'm very glad with my choice.
The PS controller was the reason I bought a N64 and I'm very glad with my choice.

Not the worst but close.

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2006, 05:36:33 PM »

Game Cube.  It took a while to get used to which button was X and which button was Y, but the rest of it is just so intuitive.  The N64 would have been my favorite if I had 3 hands. 

I'm not too sure that keyboard/mouse should count, as a controller on a console it isn't that great.  On a PC, it's marvelous though; having a desk makes a huge difference. 

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
TurboGrafxer AKA DCer
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2006, 07:00:55 PM »

Not the worst but close.

very close.

oh, and....... 50th post!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 07:10:07 PM by dreamcaster » Logged

TurboGrafxer AKA DCer
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2006, 07:08:42 PM »

Game Cube.  It took a while to get used to which button was X and which button was Y, but the rest of it is just so intuitive.  The N64 would have been my favorite if I had 3 hands.

omg. man i can not stand that controller. even more then the n64. since when does there need to be a button shaped like a kidney bean?

wrldstrman
nintedo completist
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2006, 11:13:42 PM »

atari all the way simple one stick one button...the newer controllers you need a instruction manual handy to figure out what the dozen buttons do.

need last 3 nes items  chubby cherub box, stadium event manual and complete myriad
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2006, 04:41:03 PM »

The Playstation DualShock controller. You can't deny that it paved the way for just about every controller out there today.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
TurboGrafxer AKA DCer
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2006, 08:25:43 PM »

The Playstation DualShock controller. You can't deny that it paved the way for just about every controller out there today.

no way!

id give that credit to the NES. simple and basic. it all goes from there.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2006, 08:27:14 PM »

no way!

id give that credit to the NES. simple and basic. it all goes from there.

If anything teh SNES controller with the sholder buttons. Plus controllers now a days are far from simple.

Mike Leon
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2006, 09:52:04 AM »

The Playstation controller is the shizzle. They started by ripping off the best controller ever (SNES) and then they added handles to make it more comfortable. I don't know why they're even making new ones for the PS3. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Eh, PS3 will flop anyway.

I could stand to have my Wii serviced right about now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length