RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2024, 06:27:35 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Xbox, PS2, Gamecube 0 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Xbox, PS2, Gamecube  (Read 3507 times)
Barracuda
Donor
United States

Stats
« on: August 09, 2006, 05:17:52 PM »

What do you think will be the hardest games to find for these systems (Xbox, PS2, Gamecube) 10 years down the road?

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 05:25:49 PM »

For the Xbox Frogger Beyond and F1 by EA is hard to find. It was teh first F! released by EA for the XB. Not sure on the other ones.

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 10:57:17 AM »

There are some that already really hard to find.

For the Gamecube, good luck finding Sega Sports NCAA Basketball 2003.  It is by far the rarest game released for the Gamecube.  Cubivore should be hard to find a few years from now.  Resident Evil 2 and 3 get a lot of hype for being rare too, but they had a reprint a year or two ago, so they will probably end up liek Tengen Tetris; rare, but not as rare as most people think.

For the PS2, Rez is hard to find (I've been looking for a copy forever) and I've heard that Disgaea:  Hour of Darkness, Guitaroo Man, and Mr. Mosquito are hard to find, but I have Disgaea and Mr. Mosquito (and it wasn't too hard to get them) and I've seen Guitaroo Man a bunch of times at Gamestop and EB.  One game that you will never see outside of Ebay is World of Outlaws:  Sprint Cars 2002.  If you pay less than $50 for it, go buy a lottery ticket because you have some heaping portions of ethereal assistance guiding your life.

And, I don't know shit about the XBox, so I'm going to stay away from that one.
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006, 11:37:25 AM »

weren't Rez and Guitaroo Man both reprinted?

David_J.
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2006, 11:46:18 AM »

I beleive so, but I guess not a lot of people know about it.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2006, 12:58:32 PM »

For Xbox, Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is pretty rare. I wish I still had my copy. But I did find a Disgaia: Hour of Darkness for PS2 for $10 at a flea market to make up for it.

Other Xbox titles that may be tough to find:
Psychonauts (limited release. Created by the same guy that did Grim Fandango for the PC).
Shattered Union.
Baldur's Gate 2: Dark Alliance.
Deathrow (currently a $10 title, but not easy to find. also an early Ubisoft game).

Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2006, 02:55:10 PM »

well i know in England for some reason the shops didnt reallt stock that much Gamecube stuff so they are already harder to find or expensive.

AndyC
RFG Friend
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2006, 04:19:04 PM »

well i know in England for some reason the shops didnt really stock that much Gamecube stuff so they are already harder to find or expensive.

I'll back up that statement, Gamecubes received very little floor space in Game/ Gamestation and I don't think Blockbuster ever carried any Gamecube stuff at all. There is very little to buy at all now and prices never really seem to move on it either.
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2006, 06:16:52 PM »

For Gamecube, Cubivore is a hard to find game, and Chibi Robo as well as any late release game will become hard to find as well.

As for the PS2, the Shin Megami Tensai series is EXTREMELY hard to find.
INVOK3R
Memorex VIS
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2006, 06:54:04 PM »

Marvel vs Capcom 2 for PS2 is rare. I picked up a copy with no manual for $15 at a pawn shop. Ebay tends to hold strong to about $80 for that game with no manual.

Ikaruga is rare for the Gamecube. I got a used copy for $20. You can usually pick up a used copy for a little less than the price you used to get it for brand new.

Play in your world... Die in mine!
Barracuda
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2009, 08:35:02 PM »

What are your opinions now?

Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2009, 08:55:52 PM »

What are your opinions now?

Well, I saw that I posted and was like OMG someone is posting on my account! Then I realized that I made that post back in 2006. That's what I think now.
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2009, 09:11:08 PM »

Anything Gamecube, not only did the trend of having a game section as small as the current PS3 game sections happen in England, this also carried over here to Australia.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2009, 09:57:28 PM »

For Gamecube I think these will be the hardest to track down, but far from impossible:

NCAA Basketball 2k3 (very short print run)
Pokemon Box (Not offered at regular retail)
Phantasy Star Episodes 1 & 2 Online Plus (Update of PSE1&2O which had a pretty small print run)

Thats probably it for Rare Gamecube games. Phantasy Star, RE:Code Veronica, Ikaruga, Metal Gear Twin Snakes, Cubivore, and Mario DDR Will all command pretty high prices though in the future.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2009, 10:52:52 PM »

Pikmin II is pretty low print run too, so I've heard.

Tell me about your variants...
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length