RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2024, 04:37:58 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | bought an xbox a week ago, need game suggestions 0 Members and 11 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: bought an xbox a week ago, need game suggestions  (Read 5214 times)
djbeatmongrel
Donor

Stats
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2006, 07:35:12 PM »

thanks for the replies, although some games were listed as already bought or not an option. or even owned and beaten for other console (destroy all humans , awesome game though).

and about knights, i am very set in my ways, ifi am not interested in the theme, in this case SW, i'm probably not going to get into it at all even after a few hours of play
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2006, 07:46:39 PM »

Your loss on KOTR.

And on Halo. The first one has a pretty good story.

djbeatmongrel
Donor

Stats
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2006, 07:56:48 PM »

Your loss on KOTR.

And on Halo. The first one has a pretty good story.

tried halo, was bored with it. and star wars to be honest, i hate the movies with a passion and am tired of hearing about its universe so much i really dont want a part of it hehe.
Pop Culture Portal
RFG Friend
United States
Awards: Tournament Winner

Stats
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2006, 09:43:43 AM »

You could try the first Buffy the Vampire Slayer game...it's VERY cheap now (used for about $5) and is alot of fun, IMO.  Others you could try that I enjoyed are:

XIII
Second Sight
Punisher
D&D Heroes
Crimsom Skies
Blinx

All are under $10 used I think.

Kevincal
Donor
United States
Awards: RFG Promoter

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2006, 06:09:40 PM »

Well I finally got an XBOX too... Smiley

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eB...STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Cherish the most important things in life, your health & family.
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2006, 10:40:41 AM »

Return to Castle Wolfenstien is great, and one of several great games that can be had for under $5.

Buffy is pretty fun.  I just bought it  a few weeks ago, and I played it for a couple minutes and it seemed pretty cool.  I don't know how an extended play session would work out, but for $5 it's worth it.
djbeatmongrel
Donor

Stats
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2006, 06:21:16 PM »

Well I finally got an XBOX too... Smiley

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eB...STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

not a bad price at all

picked up a few games today. i had been signing out games at work for the past week to get an idea of whats good for it as well. tried stubbs the zombie i'll wait for that to get cheaper. i tried call of cthulhu, fell in love with it early on. tried serious sam, its friggin awesome. and tried return to castle wolfenstien, i am on the fence about.

but todays purchases were call of cthulhu, serious sam, samuria shodown v, KoF neowave. i am please with all of them
OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2006, 03:55:51 PM »

If you're a sega fan, try
Dead or Alive Ultimate
Gun Valkyrie
Jet Set Radio Future
Shenmue II

else: for shooters
Halo may be overrated, but its still quite fun.  At only $10 dollars its at least worth a try
Unreal Championship

Conkers: Live    =    good dirty humor, but cleaner looking than the n64 version

it's thinking
Kevincal
Donor
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2006, 05:22:17 PM »

I just got Doom 3: C.E. and have had fun playing the original DOOM.  I only played Doom 3 about 20 minutes before I got killed, and I saved at about the 10 minute mark...grrr.  The game seems rather hard to me, and it's on the easy setting...

I also got K.O.T.O.R and haven't played it yet but I'm a big Star Wars fan so I'm sure I'll love it.

AndyC
RFG Friend
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2006, 03:34:23 AM »

Hey, Kev Im currently on Doom 3 on mthe X-box. Can't say Im struggling too much though, Im on medium and seem to be plowing through it. I just keep doing the PC gamer style and quick save every couple of minutes.
Kevincal
Donor
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2006, 10:49:33 AM »

Ya, I don't play PC games so I'm not used to having to save a lot and I forgot then died...heh.  I've only played it about 20 minutes though.  I guess I was just surprised that I died so fast because I'm rather good at the original Doom's...There seems to be quite a lack of ammunition and health even in the first level...

AndyC
RFG Friend
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2006, 11:50:51 AM »

I think it is pretty similar to the original Doom it's a lot more linear though. You'll get the hang of it once you've done the first Mars level everything kinda falls in to place. I am enjoying it, using the PDA's gets boring as hell though.
ganonbanned
Nintendo 64
United States
Awards: The RFG Kid

Stats
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2006, 01:38:31 PM »

definetly the halo games.
Kevincal
Donor
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2006, 07:28:23 PM »

I got Halo 2 C.E. as well, and as well have only played it about 20 minutes...lol  I have so many damn games now I just cannot sit down with one for any period of time.  It's rather frustrating actually.  I'm going to try to not buy any more games for as long as possible, but I kinda doubt it will work for long...Especially since I just got kicked off the first page of the collections list AGAIN!!! lol  And I have almost 600 games!

chrisbid
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2006, 09:02:57 AM »

not mentioned yet

crazy taxi 3
toejam and earl III

i also tend to like the xbox versions of classic compilations the most
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length