RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 20, 2024, 10:29:16 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The gaming diary 0 Members and 11 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 397 Print
Author Topic: The gaming diary  (Read 997002 times)
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #2235 on: November 26, 2007, 03:09:52 PM »

I think for all quests done, main story, exploration you may get 40 hours on your first run through. A speed run through the main story only takes 4-5. The exploration is where the meat of the game is at. the length of the interactive storytelling depends more on how fast you read and if you fast-forward the conversations.

Did you finish it yet? I think that I'm about halfway through because I've been sidequesting so much. The only major planet (of the 4 REQUIRED) that I've finished is Feros.

How do you FF the dialogue? Usually the dial-tree doesn't come up for me until late in the conversation.

OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2236 on: November 26, 2007, 03:37:35 PM »

Gears of War, Halo 3

it's thinking
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2237 on: November 26, 2007, 04:37:41 PM »

Yaris (POS game)
Gauntlet
Spyglass Board Games
Scene It
Aegis Wing
Call of Duty 2
Prey
Full Auto

Tan
« Reply #2238 on: November 26, 2007, 04:50:37 PM »

I think for all quests done, main story, exploration you may get 40 hours on your first run through. A speed run through the main story only takes 4-5. The exploration is where the meat of the game is at. the length of the interactive storytelling depends more on how fast you read and if you fast-forward the conversations.

Did you finish it yet? I think that I'm about halfway through because I've been sidequesting so much. The only major planet (of the 4 REQUIRED) that I've finished is Feros.

How do you FF the dialogue? Usually the dial-tree doesn't come up for me until late in the conversation.

Pressing X FF's the dialogue. I'm doing the Feros mission right now, I've done all the surveying/exploring/side missions for all the other star systems except two gather quests I have yet to completely finish that are at 8/10 and 6/7 completion. The only ones left are the ones I'll no doubt receive while on the main quest planets.

Still under 30 hours logged.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 04:52:15 PM by Tan » Logged
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2239 on: November 26, 2007, 05:50:49 PM »

Medal of Honor: PA is annoying. It doesn't have the open feel of the CoD games and yet seems to strive for realism.

Sooooo...I can't walk through that bush because it's the edge of the map and yet I can't see my enemies because they are so well camouflaged. I really don't know what's happening half of the time; the under brush is so thick I can be standing next to a Jap and not even know it while he, of course, can see right through it and be stabbing me with his bayonet.

In the first real mission I'm given a Springfield without a scope and a revolver. Both of these guns suck ass in this game. The bolt action takes almost as long as the normal reload and yet it takes 2-3 shots to kill anything...once I got a machine gun it was alright, but I wonder what the hell the designers were thinking.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2240 on: November 26, 2007, 07:20:54 PM »

Welp, GameCube is broken. All my games are up at OSU besides Shadow Hearts FtNW, Suikoden 3, Bleach, Tales of Phantasia and my computer (Final Fantasy VI). So right now it´s an assload of Bleach. Trying to master Ichimaru (pretty damn amazing with him) since he is balanced but has a damn near unstoppable combo, Soi Fon (pretty damn good with her, but against a Yoruichi player who is amazing I lose) for her close range throws then ariel combos and Ruikia because I figured I should have a far range attacker that I´m good with.

Don´t know why I´m posting this considering I´m probably the only one on RFGeneration who plays this game even though it is unbelievably amazing and overlooked due to being based on an anime. But damnit! It´s a Treasure game!
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2241 on: November 26, 2007, 10:17:47 PM »

Tribes is continuing to be pretty sweet.

It's like Starship Troopers without Bugs...I think it needs Bugs.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2242 on: November 27, 2007, 01:26:16 AM »

Tribes for PC?! Shit yeah that game rules.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2243 on: November 27, 2007, 02:46:03 AM »

Final Fantasy VI. Finishing up Sabin´s quest then only have Locke´s to go. Also Kefka is pretty sweet.
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2244 on: November 27, 2007, 09:53:31 AM »

Final Fantasy VI. Finishing up Sabin´s quest then only have Locke´s to go. Also Kefka is pretty sweet.
Pretty sweet spot in the game. 

OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2245 on: November 29, 2007, 01:02:52 AM »

Yaris (POS game)
Aegis Wing

Ah, tryin' out the freebies.  Yaris is evil, but Aegis Wing is awesome... a second player is a MUST!

it's thinking
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2246 on: November 29, 2007, 05:25:53 AM »

Bleach. Kinda funny when people disconnect in a social match where nothing happens if you lose.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #2247 on: November 29, 2007, 07:23:26 AM »

More Mass Effect.  insomnia

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2248 on: November 29, 2007, 11:35:54 AM »

Calling All Cars and flOw on the good ol PS3 last night. Pain comes out on the Playstation Store today for something like $10, and chances are I'll wind up getting it because it looks like a blast.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #2249 on: November 29, 2007, 07:39:55 PM »

I just got FFXII: Revenant Wings today, gonna fire it up soon.

Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 397 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length