RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 21, 2024, 08:24:09 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The gaming diary 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 397 Print
Author Topic: The gaming diary  (Read 997190 times)
Tan
« Reply #2085 on: October 18, 2007, 02:53:38 PM »

Might finish up Rouge Trooper now(only have 1 stage left i believe).

If you enjoyed that game you should check out the comic. I read a lot of 2000AD when I was a kid, Judge Dredd, ABC Warriors, Strontium Dog, Robo-Hunter, Rogue Trooper, Nemesis.

Just thinking about those series make me want to go all nuts and buy every 2000ad issue i can find.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2086 on: October 18, 2007, 03:29:22 PM »

Started playing Manhunt. Seemed kinda boring and repetitive.

When shall his new form be revealed?
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #2087 on: October 18, 2007, 03:50:11 PM »

Cap, what's your take on Blue Dragon? I liked the demo, but haven't picked it up yet because I got Bioshock instead.

Played around with the Forge on Halo 3 last night.

The game is much like the demo. I like the battle system, and the ability to choose different sub classes for your "shadow". I am only about 2 hours into it, and I would be further along if I didn't watch every cut-scene.

The voice acting is pretty good, and the look of the game is very nice. I have heard that the game is pretty linear, with really no sub plots. But overall, everybody I have talked to, has liked the game.

Cool. Thanks. I'll keep it on the radar. Cool

Played the demos for VF5 and Puzzle Quest last night. Also played Backgammon on Pogo with Sue.

VF5 seems pretty good. Very DOA-ish. Controls were very responsive as well. Seems to have a moderate learning curve, though. I'll definitely be getting this one eventually.

Puzzle Quest. Wow! This is definitely a diamond-in-the-rough game. Very impressed! They pulled off adding RPG elements to what is essentially Bejeweled. I sensed myself getting instantly addicted so I knew it was time to put the controller down.

Don't bother with the Fable 2 Developer's diary 3 video. Nothing new here but...developers. No game footage. Tongue

Barracuda
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2088 on: October 18, 2007, 06:22:33 PM »

Started playing Morrowind again.

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2089 on: October 19, 2007, 09:08:46 AM »

Yesterday:
  • Bioshock
  • Civilization 4

Today:

• Dynamite Headdy - Didn't really understand it
  • Empire of Steel - One of my favourite Mega Drive games. Unfortunately I was doing well when the damn console got its controller problem. I don't know if it's my region mod or if it's just borked but it sometimes doesn't recognise 'B' and 'Start', and all I can do is unplug the controller and put it back in. That's kind of hard to do when there are bullets coming at me and the pause button isn't working.
  • Metroid Fusion - Very fun.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #2090 on: October 19, 2007, 09:43:58 AM »

Downloaded and started playing Bomberman Live! from XBLA. Cool party game! Cool

Also downloaded the demo for WWF Smackdown vs Raw 2008 but didn't have time to try it out yet.

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2091 on: October 19, 2007, 12:26:37 PM »

I downloaded the "new" demo of Folklore yesterday (1.3 gigs...) Also downloaded a new video for Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. Now that game is really looking great. Naughty Dog has a flawless track record, so I expect to it be great.

Speaking of Naughty Dog, I find it odd that both that company and Insomniac did a game different than what they usually do as their first PS3 game.

Also played some Warhawk with a few friends. Freakin fun game, but I suck at it, like most other shooters I've played multiplayer.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2092 on: October 19, 2007, 12:50:39 PM »

I'm still playing World of Warcraft.  I've been messing around with some alts lately, but I played my main character last night for the first time in a week for the Halloween events.  I got a new epic ring out of it too!

For those of you that have any intrest, here's a link to my main's armory profile:
http://wowarmory.com/char...=Bloodscalp&n=Klindor
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2093 on: October 19, 2007, 01:11:37 PM »

Might finish up Rouge Trooper now(only have 1 stage left i believe).

If you enjoyed that game you should check out the comic. I read a lot of 2000AD when I was a kid, Judge Dredd, ABC Warriors, Strontium Dog, Robo-Hunter, Rogue Trooper, Nemesis.

Just thinking about those series make me want to go all nuts and buy every 2000ad issue i can find.

Thanks for the heads up but i was only able to kick trading cards(and replaced the habit with DVDs) in the last year so i don't want to start up on comics. lol

Beat Rouge Trooper.

Starting Futurama it should be a relatively quick romp.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2094 on: October 19, 2007, 01:24:00 PM »

I'm still playing World of Warcraft.  I've been messing around with some alts lately, but I played my main character last night for the first time in a week for the Halloween events.  I got a new epic ring out of it too!

For those of you that have any intrest, here's a link to my main's armory profile:

Healie eh? Yeah I think everyone will be getting those rings. Talk about welfare epics...

The flying broom mount is awesome.  Get one.

When shall his new form be revealed?
OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2095 on: October 19, 2007, 01:41:08 PM »

parents are out of town for the weekend... so...

Geometry Wars looks damn sweet in 1080i HD

it's thinking
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #2096 on: October 19, 2007, 02:06:18 PM »

parents are out of town for the weekend... so...

Geometry Wars looks damn sweet in 1080i HD

Absolutely! We need more arcade games like this! That reminds me, anyone here try Every Extend Extra Extreme (a.k.a. E4)? I downloaded the demo for it, but forgot to play it.  Undecided

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2097 on: October 19, 2007, 06:12:07 PM »

I clicked the link but it means nothing to me since I have never played it. But good work anyways Smiley

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2098 on: October 19, 2007, 08:46:56 PM »

I just got Lair...FOR FREE!

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2099 on: October 19, 2007, 10:51:31 PM »

Sony already dropped the price of that flop.

Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 397 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length