RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 20, 2024, 11:20:07 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The gaming diary 0 Members and 19 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 397 Print
Author Topic: The gaming diary  (Read 1007570 times)
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1335 on: March 07, 2007, 02:07:33 PM »

I've been gettin jiggy with my NES.

Action in New York - Fun shoot 'em up. A-
Chip N Dale - Not very good. D+ (+ for the colours)
The Fantastic Adventures of Dizzy - I remember playing it on my friend's Master System. B+
Super Mario Brothers 1 and 3 -  A
Digger T. Rock - B+ because it's a good game but I'm stuck on one level.
Tom & Jerry - Played it for a bit yesterday but didn't really get into it. C
Joe & Mac: Caveman Ninja - Very basic, not much fun, kind of pointless. D

I'm thinking of spending some time with the Dreamcast but I don't think I can be bothered messing around with the VMUs at the moment.

Edit: Dreamcast sucks. I really don't know how anyone can possibly say it's comparable to the Gamecube in terms of graphics. I know they aren't everything but I can't stand outdated 3D graphics. That, and the controls and camera angles are awkward. I'm fine with old 2D graphics but clunky 3D models with low resolution textures get on my nerves.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 03:15:08 PM by James » Logged
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1336 on: March 07, 2007, 03:25:10 PM »

Finally, someone actually looked at the Dreamcast with their eyes open.

When shall his new form be revealed?
two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #1337 on: March 08, 2007, 03:04:42 PM »

I'm playing Claymates and Super Mario World on my snes.. and Animal Crossing om my ds..

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1338 on: March 08, 2007, 04:26:16 PM »

Dreamcast had a pretty strong lineup of exclusive games, but to say it was comparable in graphic quality with PS2, Gamecube, or Xbox is just wrong. Sure, it may have looked better than PS2 at the start, but PS2 has totally surpassed DC in graphics. Want proof? Just look at God of War 2.

Anyhoo, speaking of God of War, I'm beating the first one again in preparation for number 2, which comes out next week. Can't wait for it.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1339 on: March 10, 2007, 11:20:58 AM »

I was a bit harsh when I said the Dreamcast sucks, but it's not a console I can warm to.

I've plugged my SNES in for the first time in ages this week. I have a new game in my top 10, Megaman X2. I think it's bloody marvelous. Colourful, detailed graphics, and fun gameplay which needs a bit of skill but it's not so hard that I give up after a few deaths. Good stuff.

Kid Klown in Crazy Chase is amusing but it doesn't really hold me for a long time. You have five controls, fast, slow, left, right and jump. The character is a clown who has to race along an obstacle course to stop the evil clown from blowing stuff up. There's a trail of gunpowder which you obviously have to beat to the bomb. Better than some games, but not great. I give it a Meh out of Cool.

Ultraman. Oh God. I'll leave it at that.

Super Bomberman 2. It's Bomberman. It's super. And it's the second in the series. These come together to make the second Bomberman game on the Super Nintendo.

Super Mario Bros. 3 has drawn me in. I haven't really paid much attention to it but I've come to accept it's greatness. If only I had the UK version and not the US one which is slow at 50Hz.
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1340 on: March 12, 2007, 10:47:18 AM »

Man oh man...... insomnia

Level cap got raised from 70 to 80 this past Friday. I spent the whole weekend playing PSU and got to 72. Ok, I didn't exactly play the whole weekend, but it seemed like it. I cant believe there were level 80's already!!!!!!!!!!   Tinfoil

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1341 on: March 12, 2007, 02:54:46 PM »

Flavour of the day is the Atari 2600 with Galaxian and Phoenix.

Galaxian is addictive.
two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #1342 on: March 12, 2007, 07:40:10 PM »

Super Punch Out

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1343 on: March 13, 2007, 12:38:17 PM »

Yesterday, I played PSU for about 30 minutes and turned it off. I think this past weekend of playing the hell out of it took its toll on me Undecided

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1344 on: March 13, 2007, 01:10:09 PM »

I have been playing Call of Duty 2, NHL 2k6 and PSU on the 360.

two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #1345 on: March 13, 2007, 09:22:01 PM »

NHL 95 and Monopoly on SNES

Tan
« Reply #1346 on: March 13, 2007, 09:51:47 PM »

Blazing Angels & Texas Hold'em for the 360 and a bit of Kirby Canvas Curse.
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1347 on: March 14, 2007, 01:42:41 PM »

Played PSU for 20 minutes last night. Wasn't really into it, but then again I had a hockey game to get to.

3 star luck for my character tonight, so I expect that I will take full advantage of that.

Tan
« Reply #1348 on: March 16, 2007, 10:34:40 AM »

Found myself a copy of Warlords Battlecry III. Nearly identical to II but with more races. II i played feverishly, just something about it that others just couldn't give me. III's disc will live in my drive for a long, long time. Needless to say I've forsaken all others while this takes hold of my gaming time.  Tongue
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1349 on: March 16, 2007, 10:46:39 AM »

Found myself a copy of Warlords Battlecry III. Nearly identical to II but with more races. II i played feverishly, just something about it that others just couldn't give me. III's disc will live in my drive for a long, long time. Needless to say I've forsaken all others while this takes hold of my gaming time.  Tongue

Warlords is indeed teh pwn, I should check the new ones out.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 397 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length