RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 20, 2024, 09:20:57 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The gaming diary 0 Members and 18 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 397 Print
Author Topic: The gaming diary  (Read 1007519 times)
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #1305 on: February 25, 2007, 01:00:31 PM »

More Def Jam: Fight For NY on Xbox. My "celebrity" character is ready for the next multiplayer session @ den's this coming Friday.

Also played some Lottso! on Pogo last night.

Tan
« Reply #1306 on: February 26, 2007, 12:39:22 AM »

Christopher Judge a.k.a. "Teal'c" from Stargate SG-1, does voicework for D-Mob in that game Def Jam). He made a funny reference to it during an episode as well. Made me curious enough to look for it.
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1307 on: February 26, 2007, 12:54:39 PM »

Medieval 2: Total War.

It's confusing because there's so much to take in at once. I was playing the tutorial and couldn't even work out how to close it to get back to the desktop.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #1308 on: February 26, 2007, 03:24:33 PM »

Christopher Judge a.k.a. "Teal'c" from Stargate SG-1, does voicework for D-Mob in that game Def Jam). He made a funny reference to it during an episode as well. Made me curious enough to look for it.

Fight For NY is an excellent an underrated title, imo. If you like fighting games at all it's definitely worth buying. Get the xbox version, since you can play up to 4 players simultaneously. PS2 version requires a multitap for more than 2 players.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 03:27:46 PM by phoenix1967 » Logged

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1309 on: February 26, 2007, 03:35:44 PM »

Medieval 2: Total War.

It's confusing because there's so much to take in at once. I was playing the tutorial and couldn't even work out how to close it to get back to the desktop.

Hehe, it is quite massive. I suggest messing around with money cheats for awhile as you try to make heads or tail of what's going on in the campaign.

When shall his new form be revealed?
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #1310 on: February 27, 2007, 09:38:50 AM »

More Lottso! and Def Jam: FFNY. Starting to build up my 2nd character for Friday's free-for-all.

It seems to me that starting with the Streetfighter style it's a lot easier (at least in the early going) than any of the others.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1311 on: February 27, 2007, 01:00:19 PM »

PSU

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1312 on: February 27, 2007, 01:23:34 PM »

I played Microcosm on the Mega CD this afternoon followed by a few quick battles in Medieval 2 Total War. The battles were confusing again. All I did was choose a unit and make them attack the enemy, then choose another unit to attack some others. I need something more detailed than the tutorial to guide me through the battles so I can learn some tactics.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1313 on: February 27, 2007, 02:02:34 PM »

My favorite tactic is putting most of my cavalry on my flanks, with the exception of one unit (usually I use my general unit for this) that can be used as a reserve, and marching my infantry line straight at theirs. It's best to put your strongest infantry in the center of your line as they'll have to hold out the longest. The most important thing is to keep your infantry in a long coherent line so that when they engage the enemy they will keep them in a long strung out line, what you don't want is a giant mingled mass of your troops.

So, just at the time that your infantry line is meeting theirs slam your cavalry into their flanks. This should make their flanks immediately rout and the rest of their line will quickly follow and then it's just a crap-shoot as you ride them down.

This tactic doesn't work so well against Arab units as they just like to ride around on horses and shoot you. I hate the Arab units.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1314 on: February 27, 2007, 02:06:36 PM »

Yesterday i played Fusion Frenzy 2, Gears of War and Paperboy on 360

The day before i played Saints Row, Superman Returns and the Crackdown demo.

More 360 in the last 2 nights/eqarly mornings than i have probably played ever.

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1315 on: February 27, 2007, 02:51:31 PM »

My favorite tactic is putting most of my cavalry on my flanks, with the exception of one unit (usually I use my general unit for this) that can be used as a reserve, and marching my infantry line straight at theirs. It's best to put your strongest infantry in the center of your line as they'll have to hold out the longest. The most important thing is to keep your infantry in a long coherent line so that when they engage the enemy they will keep them in a long strung out line, what you don't want is a giant mingled mass of your troops.

So, just at the time that your infantry line is meeting theirs slam your cavalry into their flanks. This should make their flanks immediately rout and the rest of their line will quickly follow and then it's just a crap-shoot as you ride them down.

This tactic doesn't work so well against Arab units as they just like to ride around on horses and shoot you. I hate the Arab units.

Thanks, I'll try that later.

I've been playing Last Battle on the Mega Drive. It's a side scrolling beat-em-up and is extremely pants. You can jump, kick like a ballet dancer, and punch like a robot. I was trying to set up my camcorder to record from an RF signal using the VCR to convert it to composite SCART but the VCR doesn't work that way. I've got a scart cable for the Mega Drive but it's RGB so the camcorder converts the signal to composite, making it black and white... almost like there's a 50/60Hz issue. My Mega Drive is region modified, so maybe it's that.
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1316 on: February 28, 2007, 07:39:49 PM »

I just got 1,216,000 on Tetris DS marathon. My old high score was about 450,000.
tholly
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1317 on: February 28, 2007, 10:14:38 PM »

played some Wii Play tonight....fun little mini games...but, i got it on friday and have 3 or 4 golds that took minutes to get.....that damn ping pong though, its pissing me off.....

Collection Pics--Excel Collection Spreadsheet--XBox Live Gamertag: tholly1983 - PS3 Name: tholly - Wii Code: 6005 4631 6751 2174
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #1318 on: March 01, 2007, 12:28:03 AM »

More DJ:FFNY (Xbox).

Does anyone have an interest in Def Jam: Icons? Personally, I'm skeptical that the music mechanic is anything worth looking into.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1319 on: March 01, 2007, 11:52:03 AM »

A little PSU last night, but I plan on playing a ton tonight, as my character has "2 star luck". You either have 0,1,2 or 3 star luck, and items drops are much better when it is 2 or 3 star. I plan on taking full advantage of this Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 397 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length