RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 20, 2024, 09:14:22 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The gaming diary 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 397 Print
Author Topic: The gaming diary  (Read 1007503 times)
Tan
« Reply #1290 on: February 22, 2007, 02:53:05 PM »

Arari 2600 last night.

I recently learned that the Genesis and 2600 controllers not only have the same plugs, but are actually interchangeable. 

ET and Pac Man are the two games I love to hate.  So I tried them out.  I still hate them both, but I actually found a phone piece for the first time in my life.  And I've been hating this game for over 15 years now... about as long as I've been gaming.  I want to beat it someday, though the game was still a rushed production. 

To ease my mind a bit I also tried Berserk and Jungle hunt, two of my favorites.

I also tried the 2600 controller at Sonic 1 on the genesis.  It actually works!  All you need to do is swap the controllers after you've gotten past the start screen.  The 'B' button is the same as the 'fire' button on the 2600.  Better yet, I was talking to Tondog on the telephone at the time, and I found it was possible to play sonic with only one hand.

Nice! Fire some scores into the 2600 thread in the Arena forum, get some competition going.  Wink
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1291 on: February 22, 2007, 03:43:09 PM »

Arari 2600 last night.

I recently learned that the Genesis and 2600 controllers not only have the same plugs, but are actually interchangeable. 

ET and Pac Man are the two games I love to hate.  So I tried them out.  I still hate them both, but I actually found a phone piece for the first time in my life.  And I've been hating this game for over 15 years now... about as long as I've been gaming.  I want to beat it someday, though the game was still a rushed production. 

To ease my mind a bit I also tried Berserk and Jungle hunt, two of my favorites.

I also tried the 2600 controller at Sonic 1 on the genesis.  It actually works!  All you need to do is swap the controllers after you've gotten past the start screen.  The 'B' button is the same as the 'fire' button on the 2600.  Better yet, I was talking to Tondog on the telephone at the time, and I found it was possible to play sonic with only one hand.

Like Tan said check this out.

http://www.rfgeneration.c...um/index.php?topic=3114.0

Also like he said competition is needed. He is not much competition for me.  Grin Tongue

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1292 on: February 22, 2007, 05:51:43 PM »

I'm going to beat ET before you! Cheesy

Don't hate on ET. Put it in a historical context. It was a decent game for the time. I bet it would be easier if you had the instructions.

Better yet, I was talking to Tondog on the telephone at the time, and I found it was possible to play sonic with only one hand.
Yeah, that was fun. I was giving you a hard time. Cheesy

I beat the first case on Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice For All last night. I finally took that scumbag Wellington down. It was hilarious to watch him scream out then collapse when I finally proved that he was guilty. This is quickly becoming one of my favorite games of all-time.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 05:56:32 PM by Tondog » Logged

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1293 on: February 22, 2007, 09:51:45 PM »

I took a peek at GameFAQs, and... like I said, last night was the furthest I've ever accomplished.

Also, in historical context... ET still was a stinker.  There are 2600 games that rock the box, and E.T. ain't one of 'em.  It was the eighth best selling Atari game overall, yet only managed to sell a quarter of the stock produced.  While the market was becoming flooded with poor quality third party games, Atari continued to keep consumers trust by delivering good titles.  E.T. and Pac Man showed the company executives that even crap can sell while consumers became a bit wary of new releases.

If you wish to look further into my opinion on why this game fails to thouroughly entertain, try playing the game ~flOw~ and read philosophy on game design. 

it's thinking
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1294 on: February 22, 2007, 09:57:00 PM »

I took a peek at GameFAQs, and... like I said, last night was the furthest I've ever accomplished.

Also, in historical context... ET still was a stinker.  T

I was thinking the same thing. That game sucks no matter when.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1295 on: February 22, 2007, 10:41:05 PM »

Sounds like it is fun to play at the Alliance in PvP.  Undecided

Why is it so unbalanced?

Since all of the horde races are ugly (or were until BC), all of your twelve year olds, soccer moms, and fruity pansies, pick Alliance. On the Horde side nearly everyone is going to be a young guy who listens to death metal and actually has some ability at playing the game.

On my server the population is 70% Alliance VS. 30% Horde.

It's gotten worse since the revamped PvP system, now everyone can get good gear just sitting in Battlegrounds long enough, and they do.

When shall his new form be revealed?
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #1296 on: February 22, 2007, 11:23:50 PM »

Played some Stack'em on Pogo.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1297 on: February 23, 2007, 10:33:16 AM »

Got a new high score on Demon Attack for the Intellivision. 6,404!

Also played a few mission of PSU.

Tried more Astro Warrior on the SMS but god do I suck at that game. Hell I suck at SHUMPS in general.

You guys should check out the Arena Forum where we have a lot of different high score threads. Heck start one for a system that doesn't have one so you can brag and talk crap about scores.

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1298 on: February 24, 2007, 12:17:02 PM »

Played some more Geist with my good friend OatBob watching. We died of laughter when I posessed the robot arms, causing the engineer to run over to his computer, and taking over the computer and causing all sorts of chaos on his computer. Anyone who's played the game knows EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Cheesy

Geist is such an underrated game.

Also, while I was with OatBob, I played some 2600. Didn't beat his high score on E.T. but at least I had fun falling into pits and such.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Tan
« Reply #1299 on: February 24, 2007, 07:21:00 PM »

Beat Baldur's Gate Dark alliance for the GBA. Fun as hell and surpisingly good. Also played a few hours of Suikoden IV, game is better than I had anticipated.
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1300 on: February 25, 2007, 01:45:38 AM »

Finally beat Guitar Hero on Hard Mode. Going back, hammer ons and pull offs are so much harder to do in the original game.

Hello World.
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1301 on: February 25, 2007, 02:15:53 AM »

I beat the first case on Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice For All last night. I finally took that scumbag Wellington down. It was hilarious to watch him scream out then collapse when I finally proved that he was guilty. This is quickly becoming one of my favorite games of all-time.

Dude watch your spoilers. I know its just case one and there is only one suspect but seriously. Also, Case 4>>>>>>>>>Every other case.
Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #1302 on: February 25, 2007, 03:38:12 AM »

I got a second Guitar hero controller and have been playing two player pretty much nonstop.  My hand fucking hurts.

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1303 on: February 25, 2007, 10:39:56 AM »

I've been tidying up my room, so I've got some room to plug my consoles back in. I played on my Mega Drive for the first time in ages. I played some Streets of Rage 3 and Arrow Flash. I might get to some of my more recently bought games soon.

I keep having dreams where I go into Gamestation and see a big shelf of retro games. They're all obscure games that don't exist and they're always kind of spooky ones and they're always stupidly over priced. There are three shops I dream about. One is in a shopping mall, one's in a high street and the other is in a tudor style building. Always dimly lit as well.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1304 on: February 25, 2007, 11:29:05 AM »

Played some more Geist with my good friend OatBob watching. We died of laughter when I posessed the robot arms, causing the engineer to run over to his computer, and taking over the computer and causing all sorts of chaos on his computer. Anyone who's played the game knows EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Cheesy

Geist is such an underrated game.

Also, while I was with OatBob, I played some 2600. Didn't beat his high score on E.T. but at least I had fun falling into pits and such.

Geist is such an awesome game and I know exactly what you are talking about.  The wife and I started Harry Potter 4 on GC but that fucking game sucks.  The other three are much better.  They took away the exploration aspect of the game and you can't enter the castle.  SUCKS!! Don't buy it.  I am starting Odama now.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 397 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length