RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 19, 2024, 01:15:36 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The gaming diary 0 Members and 13 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 397 Print
Author Topic: The gaming diary  (Read 1007053 times)
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1005 on: October 04, 2006, 05:22:15 PM »

50 for teh game and 15 a month is too high. They have so many users they could drop the price.

let's hope Phantasy Star Universe doesn't cost that much Tongue

EDIT: nevermind i already found out, it's $10 a month

Thats good news!!!!!

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1006 on: October 05, 2006, 12:15:12 PM »

Yeah, it does suck paying $15 a month, but I think it's worth it.  I can make up the money by not going to the bar one night a month because I'm too busy playing WoW.  Wink
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1007 on: October 05, 2006, 01:56:59 PM »

I has bin playin Tomb Raider: Legend on the Xbox this evening. It's a fun game. Much better than the other Tomb Raiders, probably because the gameplay has more depth, and the graphics are superb for an "out of date" console. I see Legend for 360 is £18 on play.com now. If I didn't already have it for the Xbox 1 (which I got for £5 at a car boot sale) I would consider it for that price when I hopefully get my 360 next week.

Edit: The game was £5, not the Xbox.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1008 on: October 05, 2006, 02:04:55 PM »

Do her boobs jiggle when she moves?

If they do I'm so buying this game. Wink

Spent an hour looking for a rare spawn monster that drops a good dagger, but I couldn't find it.

When shall his new form be revealed?
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #1009 on: October 05, 2006, 04:09:26 PM »

Demo'ed some games from XBL last night.

Sonic the Hedgehog (next gen): Damn! I forgot how to play platformers! I was dying a LOT!!! The graphics and tempo are good, but the controls are a little sensitive.

Lego Star Wars 2: This is a freakin' blast! The demo takes place in Mos Eisley. I "accidentally" attacked 3PO with Obi-Wan and hacked off one of his arms and his opposing leg. It was hilarious seeing him hop around on one leg for the rest of the demo. Another fun point: assembling and commandeering an AT-ST. Easy to pick up and play. I'll be buying this one when the price drops far enough.

Rented and played GRAW for 360. I got through the training mission...once. This one has a lot of substance to it, but I think that it requires a lot of dedication.

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1010 on: October 06, 2006, 02:41:42 PM »

I'm starting to realise there's not much raiding of tombs in Legend.

I've spent most of the evening cleaning the crap off my desk. I came across a Gamecube and N64 under a pile of stuff! Now, what the Hell am I supposed to do with them? Huh I actually haven't played my Gamecube since January. I'm thinking of trading it in towards a 360, seeing as it's a waste of space to me.

The only thing about the 360 is that my parents have pissed all over my party with the question "Why?" I hate when people ask me that. It always makes me think about it, and usually I turn against things. They do have a point, though. £300 is a lot of money when it may or may not come down in price soon.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #1011 on: October 06, 2006, 03:51:17 PM »

The only thing about the 360 is that my parents have pissed all over my party with the question "Why?" I hate when people ask me that. It always makes me think about it, and usually I turn against things. They do have a point, though. £300 is a lot of money when it may or may not come down in price soon.

For starters, many of your xbox1 titles can be played on it. Another point is that with XBL you get access to TONS of free demos and videos of new games...so you can try before you buy (or even rent!) them, saving time and money.

Be sure to get the premium edition, not the core.

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1012 on: October 06, 2006, 04:42:11 PM »

Is there a list of what Xbox games work on the 360? I'm too lazy and tired to google it. If I could trade in my Xbox, as well as my spare PS2, and possibly my Gamecube, that's around £100 off the price!
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #1013 on: October 06, 2006, 05:05:21 PM »

Here you go:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US...ompatibilitygameslist.htm

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #1014 on: October 06, 2006, 09:33:59 PM »

I played some Guitar Hero today. I also opened my t-shirt that I got for pre-ordering Guitar Hero II. It came in a shrink wrapped box. Not a bad looking tee and I pleased to find that it was an XL. I'll actually be able to wear it. There was also a DVD with the game trailer on it.

This morning I tried a coupkle XBox cheapies I've picked up recently. Dead or Alive Ultimate and Sega GT Online.

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1015 on: October 07, 2006, 03:16:45 PM »

Hmm. It seems only about 5 of my 14 Xbox games will work. Some of them are also on the 360, TR:Legend and Hitman: Bloodmoney, so they'll probably never be emulated. I might have to hurry up and finish the games I can't play.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1016 on: October 07, 2006, 04:12:26 PM »

I love Bloodmoney, I should acquire it again.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1017 on: October 08, 2006, 11:25:39 AM »

Started buying a rare dagger from a vendor for 2 Gold 83 Silver and then turning around and selling it in the Auction House for 5-15 Gold. Mwahahahahahahaha.

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1018 on: October 08, 2006, 01:39:53 PM »

I've been playing Metal Slug 4 and Hitman: Blood Money on the Xbox today.

Metal Slug is fun but frustrating when I die every minute. Good job it's got unlimited continues.

Hitman could be entertaining if I didn't have to actually think about my moves. I'm the zombie kind of game player. I stare at the screen and twitch my thumbs with my lower jaw dangling down. I like the other Hitmans because you could either go through it killing everyone in sight, or do it stealthily. Blood Money punishes you for the slightest mistake. I'm sure once I get my head around the levels they'll be easy.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1019 on: October 08, 2006, 03:29:41 PM »

I didn't really have a problem just blasting my way through all the levels, especially after I bought all the mods for the silver ballers. God damn I love that game.

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 397 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length