RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 18, 2024, 01:18:59 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The gaming diary 0 Members and 13 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 397 Print
Author Topic: The gaming diary  (Read 1005567 times)
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #480 on: February 21, 2006, 07:29:14 AM »

When I'm wandering 3rd person and for fighting gotta go with the first.

The world is pretty cool, horrendously and awesomely big, but I can't stand the combat or the A.I. Everytime there's a bad guy he just yells or roars and runs right at you and then it's a clickfest until one of you're dead. Sidestepping and dodging is nigh on impossible and a lot of it seems to rely on power and luck alone.

If they combined the world of Morrowind with the mechanics of Arx Fatalis or Thief, that'd be a game for the ages.

Maybe as I grow in strength it'll get better, right now it's just awesomely annoying.

When shall his new form be revealed?
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #481 on: February 21, 2006, 07:43:17 AM »

If they combined the world of Morrowind with the mechanics of Arx Fatalis or Thief, that'd be a game for the ages.

I've heard some good/some bad about Arx Fatalis. What's the good & bad of it?

Mezmoron
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #482 on: February 21, 2006, 07:57:31 AM »

The ending is hideously bad.  Magic takes some practice and good mouse movement.  Other than that, it's a pretty good game.

Ken

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/Mezmoron.png[/img]
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #483 on: February 21, 2006, 08:39:11 AM »

I made it through the river on Far Cry. next was a rainforest where not only were you facing the usual load or mercs but also roaming pack of little dinosaur looking things. at the end of the rainforest was a base battle. now I'm in a mine shaft.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #484 on: February 21, 2006, 09:07:17 AM »

I made it through the river on Far Cry. next was a rainforest where not only were you facing the usual load or mercs but also roaming pack of little dinosaur looking things. at the end of the rainforest was a base battle. now I'm in a mine shaft.

Man, I've barely started!

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #485 on: February 21, 2006, 02:38:31 PM »

I've heard some good/some bad about Arx Fatalis. What's the good & bad of it?

Ending definitely is lacking, the world's too small, and therefore there aren't enough things to kill. But I love the combat system, you do grow more powerful over time but there is skill involved. It's not the clickity clickity/ whatever x-box button whatever x-box button repetitiveness of Morrowind. I personally liked the magic in Arx, it felt like I was actually doing something. Instead of just pushing one button you have to draw the spells. Which I thought was awesome.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #486 on: February 22, 2006, 10:06:15 AM »

whoa! these feral implants are having some freaky reactions. I also just ran across another fellow who has been expiremented upon to rather unsightly effect.

this damn Far Cry campaign has been cutting into my map making time.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #487 on: February 22, 2006, 10:23:24 AM »

whoa! these feral implants are having some freaky reactions. I also just ran across another fellow who has been expiremented upon to rather unsightly effect.

this damn Far Cry campaign has been cutting into my map making time.

Not to worry, you've got more than 2 weeks before the next xbox night. Should be plenty of time to finish the campaign & make a couple of maps...

Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #488 on: February 23, 2006, 02:05:01 PM »

Sorry It took me a while to respond Phoenix. Jak 2 a platformer/action game but has a lot more depth than most. It has your huge general area in which the different levels branch off of(in this game it is a city). What is unique is that each level is connected directly to the city somehow, and there are no load times. Throughout the game you are given missions by various people(which this is what originally turned me off), but nearly all of the missions are your typical platforming bits, which might I say is awesome. Other than that you have the ability to jack cars in the city, race, just a wide variety of things. This is not your typical platformer, in fact it enhances the platformer formula.
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #489 on: February 24, 2006, 06:43:43 AM »

was testing my Starfox Super Weekend cart last night. Thats about the extent of my gaming as of late  :-[

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #490 on: February 26, 2006, 06:23:13 AM »

I finished Far Cry last night. WOO HOO! freakin' awesome game.

and now back to the map editor...

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #491 on: February 26, 2006, 11:31:30 AM »

I've found that there's suddenly no time for anything but Morrowind and schoolwork.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #492 on: February 26, 2006, 12:14:39 PM »

Rick and are playing Guitar Hero. I suck at this game.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #493 on: February 26, 2006, 12:37:17 PM »

Rick and are playing Guitar Hero. I suck at this game.

I rock.

Scott is getting better. Tongue

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #494 on: February 27, 2006, 03:11:05 AM »

I ended up on the title screen of R Type 3 for GBA last night.
Then i fell asleep.
lol

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 397 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length