RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 17, 2024, 01:32:43 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The gaming diary 0 Members and 36 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 397 Print
Author Topic: The gaming diary  (Read 994575 times)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5865 on: January 31, 2013, 11:00:42 PM »

Yaaay wordament on the web!!
....finished.

Back to something else now...

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5866 on: February 01, 2013, 12:03:56 AM »

Arx Fatalis is...  strange.  Just looking at screenshots one would possible think "Elder Scrolls," which is about as far from the facts as possible.  Think of it as a traditional point-and-click adventure in first-person, which is not a good think in my case, as I really need to become engrossed in the story to want to continue playing a game in this genre.  Grim Fandango this game ain't.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 12:05:51 AM by bombatomba » Logged

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #5867 on: February 01, 2013, 12:09:53 PM »

Finished DmC's story, now going back to get all of the collectibles that I'm missing. Finishing all of the secret missions is going to be a pain...

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5868 on: February 01, 2013, 01:44:15 PM »

101-in-1 Explosive Megamix (WW) - Finally going back to work on this.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5869 on: February 02, 2013, 11:43:38 AM »

3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) - This is probably my favourite PS3 game so far.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5870 on: February 02, 2013, 01:24:37 PM »

Hanging up Arx for now.  I broke out the weekend laptop and fired up Far Cry 2.  Was having the hardest time enjoying it until I:

[img width=700 height=437]http://imageshack.us/a/img694/3972/farcry21.jpg[/img]
Saw a spectacular dawn

[img width=700 height=437]http://imageshack.us/a/img208/565/farcry22.jpg[/img]
Started a brush fire (!)

[img width=700 height=437]http://imageshack.us/a/img802/2125/farcry23.jpg[/img]
Accidentally ran over an animal (gazelle?).  Oops!

- Han Solo
Seno
Sega CD
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #5871 on: February 02, 2013, 02:38:23 PM »

Hanging up Arx for now.  I broke out the weekend laptop and fired up Far Cry 2.  Was having the hardest time enjoying it until I:

Far cry 2 was a funny game, it took me a while to get into it, then I played through to completion, but its not a game I've ever felt like revisiting again.

Been playing Hitman Absolution (PC) - its as much as puzzle game as an action game, its funny how a game about murdering people feels light hearted after playing spec ops the line.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5872 on: February 02, 2013, 03:27:17 PM »

YuGiOh 5Ds
It is like a simplified version of MtG or Pokemon. I never played this before so i had no clue what was going on at first but i read about half of the tutorials and figured that was enough to get started properly.

I should probably read the other half of the tutorials since i will eventually have to do some sort of more in depth strategy to keep winning.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5873 on: February 02, 2013, 04:37:55 PM »

Finished Elite Force and tried moving on to Arx Fatalis.  Note the word: tried.  I usually don't have problems, but every now and then I have to go to near ridiculous lengths to get PC games to work.  I should do a blog post on the array of PC hardware I have and just how it all fits into my PC gaming.

I'm going to attempt Two Worlds while I tinker with Arx Fatalis.  You never know, everyone could be wrong about it.  Either way, we'll get scans and screenshots.

I liked Arx Fatalis.

When shall his new form be revealed?
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5874 on: February 02, 2013, 06:35:38 PM »

I liked Arx Fatalis.

It's certainly not a bad game, just not really what I feel like playing (I've been feeling more open world lately).  I'll jump back on it come Monday (and the weekend laptop goes back on the shelf).

Despite Far Cry 2 being on of the most unfriendly open world games I've played, I'm really getting into it.

9PM UPDATE:  I've been running all over the map, collecting diamonds, upgrading weapons, doing assassin missions, then I realized something - the main story missions aren't appearing!  Arrrg!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 09:04:47 PM by bombatomba » Logged

- Han Solo
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #5875 on: February 02, 2013, 08:58:04 PM »

I picked up Risen 2 on Steam while it was on sale for $10. I've always enjoyed Piranha Bytes games sort of more as a guilty pleasure since they all have the same control problems but I haven't bought any new since Gothic 3. Risen 1 surprised me with how much it felt like my favorite game of their's Gothic 2, now Risen 2 feels like a nice mixture between Gothic 2 and 3.

The setting is also interesting and might be the reason I'm playing the game so much now. Instead of a typical, predictable Candyland fantasy setting Risen 2 has gone for a feeling of the early Age of Discovery when Spain was first starting to colonize Central and South America and utilizing Native Americans as slaves before the African slave trade rose up.

Might do a full review on this one, I remember this one getting kinda rammed from behind when it first came out. I wonder if all the critics were playing the inferior console ports?

[img width=700 height=437]http://static1.fjcdn.com/comments/PC+gaming+master+race+reporting+in+_66669fdfe7f49414c4dd606880196e78.jpg[/img]

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5876 on: February 03, 2013, 11:03:55 AM »

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 (360) - I should be wrapping up the last 2 achievements I need today.

Seno
Sega CD
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #5877 on: February 03, 2013, 06:40:58 PM »

Painkiller (PC) - On a mission to complete games I've started before then got side tracked
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5878 on: February 03, 2013, 08:39:49 PM »

Took a few moments away from playing Breath of Fire SNES and played the following:

Phalanx
U.N. Squadron
Super Double Dragon
Total Carnage
Clayfighter 2

Then went back to BOF and had Mogu join the party.  Now I'm warping around and digging up all the goodies throughout the land. 

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5879 on: February 03, 2013, 09:27:53 PM »

Finally bumped up to doing only Gold level ME3 mulitplayer rounds. Doing pretty well so far.

Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 397 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length