RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 17, 2024, 01:27:29 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The gaming diary 0 Members and 29 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 ... 397 Print
Author Topic: The gaming diary  (Read 994560 times)
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5850 on: January 30, 2013, 03:45:40 PM »

WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2010 (360) - Road to Wrestlemania mode with Shawn Michaels.

Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #5851 on: January 30, 2013, 04:03:17 PM »

Ni No Kuni
Xenoblade
Am4zingGam3r
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #5852 on: January 30, 2013, 07:18:55 PM »

San Andreas!!!! (PS2 Ver.)

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5853 on: January 30, 2013, 08:07:18 PM »

Rabbids Alive and Kicking with R.
Kung Fu Panda 2 which he only ended up wanting to watch.

Worms 2: Armageddon now.
2 missions left to finish the original game then i'll give the DLC a shot again.

Barracuda
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5854 on: January 31, 2013, 09:16:13 AM »

More Halo 4 and Minecraft.

slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #5855 on: January 31, 2013, 10:00:31 AM »

Finished Bioshock 2, VERY happy with how it turned out.  In many ways, a superior sequel to the original classic, and I felt the story direction and design was better told, although it of course lost some of the 'wow' factor the first inspired.

Now I'm at the end of Minerva's Den, the DLC.  Also well done, something akin to a short story taken from the same universe.  Infinite definitely has a strong pedigree to match, but I have trust built from what I've seen.

Enjoying the new set of Halo 4 Spartan Ops MUCH better than the first half of the series; it is obvious more attention was given to everything from the story and set-pieces, to the pacing and toning down of map recycling.  I'm actually really into it now, instead of feeling like I was just grinding through it.

My beloved is on Episode 2 of the Walking Dead.  I only read about the 360 version being glitchy, so we picked up the PS3 version.  I find it hard to believe that the 360 version is worse than this.  Zombies stuck in level geometry, clipping issues, a framerate that goes into a slideshow in cinematics, etc.  Its pretty ridiculous.  But, we're still digging it.

Keelah se'lai
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5856 on: January 31, 2013, 11:09:37 AM »

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 (360) - Just trying to wrap up the remaining achievements.

slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #5857 on: January 31, 2013, 12:22:54 PM »

Just finished Minerva's Den, and it had one of the most touching endings I've seen.  It really pulled at me, in a different way than Bioshock's hand-touching visual metaphor or Bioshock 2's father/daughter family reflection. 

The main voice actor, Carl Lumbly, may also have given the best, subtly emotional delivery I've ever heard.  The exceptional denouement showed an attention to pacing and sound that showed real care to the story.

Impressed overall, and highly recommended.

Keelah se'lai
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5858 on: January 31, 2013, 12:46:14 PM »

Finished Elite Force and tried moving on to Arx Fatalis.  Note the word: tried.  I usually don't have problems, but every now and then I have to go to near ridiculous lengths to get PC games to work.  I should do a blog post on the array of PC hardware I have and just how it all fits into my PC gaming.

I'm going to attempt Two Worlds while I tinker with Arx Fatalis.  You never know, everyone could be wrong about it.  Either way, we'll get scans and screenshots.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5859 on: January 31, 2013, 12:47:20 PM »

Finished Elite Force and tried moving on to Arx Fatalis.  Note the word: tried.  I usually don't have problems, but every now and then I have to go to near ridiculous lengths to get PC games to work.  I should do a blog post on the array of PC hardware I have and just how it all fits into my PC gaming.

I'm going to attempt Two Worlds while I tinker with Arx Fatalis.  You never know, everyone could be wrong about it.  Either way, we'll get scans and screenshots.

I'm starting to acquire a mass of random computer hardware... I've been meaning to try to set it up, but I keep finding I have less room to set things up. How do you manage to have everything hooked up? I'm sure I could KVM most of the IBM stuff, but I don't actually own that much for it to matter.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5860 on: January 31, 2013, 03:43:16 PM »

I'm starting to acquire a mass of random computer hardware... I've been meaning to try to set it up, but I keep finding I have less room to set things up. How do you manage to have everything hooked up? I'm sure I could KVM most of the IBM stuff, but I don't actually own that much for it to matter.

A good chunk of my older PC stuff died recently (including my Voodoo 3 3500 Sad ), but it basically comes down to switching out towers and/or laptops (with these days being more about laptops than towers).  I tried the KVM route once but found madness instead.  My current approach is all about laptops (about five different ones) mixed with two different PC towers (one dedicated gamer and one more virtualization oriented) and two Apples (one G3 and an iMac).

When I can stop living paycheck to paycheck I plan on starting on a few 8-bit and 16-bit computers (C64, Atari ST, and Amiga).  Now that is going to be a challenge as far as organizing.  I only have the one desk and my main gaming PC is one it.  But man, to have a PC, C64, Atari ST, and an Amiga ready to go at the same time.  Whew!

- Han Solo
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #5861 on: January 31, 2013, 05:27:53 PM »

I've got Win98, Win7, Win8, C64, Atari 800, CoCo 2... surprised I don't actually own a Mac or Amiga yet, though someone in the office has an Amiga hooked up to a monitor at his desk.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5862 on: January 31, 2013, 06:36:10 PM »

An Amiga in the office?  That is hardcore.  I'm hoping to eventually score a 1200 (though I wish for a 3000) so I can play Frontier with a decent framerate.  Do you play the 800 often?  I must admit I've forgotten about the humble Atari 800.  Think video time tonight will be spent watching old Atari videos.

On a plus side I've got Arx Fatalis working fine on my Quadro 570M/XP laptop.  Turns out it hates 2006-2008 Intel Graphics machines.  Oh, well.  That is why I have this ridiculous array of computers, after all.

- Han Solo
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #5863 on: January 31, 2013, 06:52:34 PM »

An Amiga in the office?  That is hardcore.  I'm hoping to eventually score a 1200 (though I wish for a 3000) so I can play Frontier with a decent framerate.  Do you play the 800 often?  I must admit I've forgotten about the humble Atari 800.  Think video time tonight will be spent watching old Atari videos.

On a plus side I've got Arx Fatalis working fine on my Quadro 570M/XP laptop.  Turns out it hates 2006-2008 Intel Graphics machines.  Oh, well.  That is why I have this ridiculous array of computers, after all.

It was given to me by a co-worker before he moved. I've yet to hook it up, since I don't have a monitor.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5864 on: January 31, 2013, 07:58:00 PM »

all i have are an XP machine and my main Win 7 rig. the XP one seems to run 99% of the old games i put onto it, and i'm not that interested in much for PC gaming from the 80s or earlier...i don't think i have much that's older than '95 actually.
Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 ... 397 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length