RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 17, 2024, 06:17:31 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The gaming diary 0 Members and 12 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 397 Print
Author Topic: The gaming diary  (Read 1004872 times)
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5025 on: August 18, 2012, 07:31:47 AM »

Finally had a chance to sit down with my copy of P4A. My first impression is VERY positive. Its much deeper than I anticipated though so I'm going to need to dedicate a bit more time to it than I thought so that I can actually win a few matches online. I've only very briefly played with each character, but I'm feeling drawn towards Akihiko, Kanji, or Aigis.

My 4 year old son sparred a few rounds with me and he LOVES playing as Teddy with all his goofy moves and funny phrases. Cant wait to get a chance to really dig in soon.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5026 on: August 18, 2012, 11:04:48 PM »

Finished Assassin's Creed* on the phone. Game was crap. Supposedly it is the same as the DS version. Which since it would not have onscreen controller might be slightly less crap but still crap.

Played a little more FGN4: The Game Show. Got all the Bop It related achievements and finished 2 more rounds out of the 50 i need to play in Gameshow mode.

Played a little pool.

Working on getting gold on the final set of stages in Burn the Rope. Then i have to delete the game and replay half of it so i can get golds on the stages that glitched... again.

*127th completion this year.

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5027 on: August 18, 2012, 11:32:55 PM »

Played a few games on the SNES tonight.  Highlights being Speedy Gonzales, and Batman Returns

This Dude Abides
Jaguar CD
United States

Stats
« Reply #5028 on: August 19, 2012, 02:32:25 AM »

On my PSone:

Gran Turismo 2
True Pinball
Hot Shots Golf
SoulBlade

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5029 on: August 19, 2012, 12:49:52 PM »

PowerGig: Rise of the Six String.
Working on microphone, and a a couple other things. Might do drums when i wrap up this stuff. Probably won't bother with guitar until i am laid off again that way i can actually give it some time and potentially learn something.

And more pool of course. I wanted to try and finish Burn the Rope tonight but i am going to take advantage of being able to use the 360 Smiley

Seno
Sega CD
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #5030 on: August 19, 2012, 01:11:20 PM »

Bit of trine and metro 2033 (PC)
Seno
Sega CD
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #5031 on: August 19, 2012, 03:12:44 PM »

Just downloaded a student indie game, Zineth, plays a lot like jet set radio

http://arcanekids.com/
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5032 on: August 19, 2012, 03:51:33 PM »

0 day Attack on Earth (XBLA) - Such an underrated shooter...

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #5033 on: August 19, 2012, 07:08:38 PM »

Been playing more Final Fantasy 13, after not having played the game for almost a month. I'm in chapter 7. The game is great, for the most part, but some of the areas between cutscenes are a bit too long for my taste. Sometimes you have to fight generic enemies for an hour or so until you get to the next plot-advancing cutscene.

Also, the paradigm system is nice, but it doesn't make for fun gameplay against certain types of enemies. The ones that hit you over and over again with a strong attack. I want to be fighting with Rav/Com but have to switch to Med/Com for healing. By the time I switch back to Rav/Com the bloody enemy does the attack again and I have to switch back to Med/Com, without even doing an attack as Rav! Some of this endless switching can get annoying. Other fights are fine though, especially if I can get a quick stagger.

Another minor gripe is the battle speed. There's fast and slow. Fast is too fast (generally) for me to select my own attacks and slow is just slooow. So I'm torn between using slow and being able to select abilities myself and fast and auto-fighting everyting. I feel a bit distanced from the action sometimes as I don't always feel like I'm really involved. In previous Final Fantasies I'd be very familiar with all the ablities/moves of my characters, but in this one I have a hard time knowing what character knows what move, as I'm not selecting those moves myself anymore.

And one last thing: the music doesn't seem that memorable like it used to be. I can easily remember about a handful of tunes from 7, 9 and 10 but I'd be hard pressed to remember anything from 13 apart from the title theme. Now that I think about it, I can't think of a single song from FF12, even though I played that game for like 110 hours.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 07:19:17 PM by Sirgin » Logged
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5034 on: August 20, 2012, 03:38:40 AM »

quite a few games this weekend

God of War - PS2 - just got to the underworld on normal difficulty

Zelda II The Adventure of Link - NES - started on friday i think and already beaten 3 palaces with decent progress in the 4th. i have the boots and reflect magic now.

Diddy Kong Racing - N64 - popped this in just for something different. i've already 100% it years ago but i went through and 100% the first area again in adventure.

Mario Party 2 - N64 - played a quick 35 turn round of this with a friend who's staying the weekend

Super Smash Bros Melee - GCN - a few 1v1 rounds with my friend

Mario Kart 64 - N64 - some cups and vs multiplayer

Battlefield 3 - PC - multiplayer

Super Stardust HD - PS3 - endless mode, didn't get very far because it's been months since i've played.
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5035 on: August 20, 2012, 08:14:29 PM »

The $1,000,000 Pyramid (Wii) - I am trying to get perfect wins in every week.

Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #5036 on: August 20, 2012, 08:22:24 PM »

Streets of Rage 2... I honestly think I hate this game...
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5037 on: August 22, 2012, 03:40:46 AM »

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3) - I am starting chapter 5, I am finding this harder then the prequel on Vita so far....

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5038 on: August 22, 2012, 06:41:07 PM »

Pool on the phone.

Also started Shoot 1up which seems pretty cool.

Working on wrapping up Family Game Night 4. I figure I have 3 more hours. I hope I am overestimating...

Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #5039 on: August 22, 2012, 11:44:01 PM »

Crappy day today, so I spent 7 hours on Xenoblade.
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 397 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length