RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 17, 2024, 06:14:53 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The gaming diary 0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 397 Print
Author Topic: The gaming diary  (Read 1005283 times)
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4875 on: July 14, 2012, 12:30:16 AM »

Took a break from Final Fantasy III and played a few PS1 games:  Gekioh Shooting King, Twisted Metal 4 and Final Fantasy 7.  Yep I took a break from one Fantasy to play a few hours of another.

Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #4876 on: July 14, 2012, 12:41:31 AM »

Diablo III
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #4877 on: July 14, 2012, 04:36:49 PM »

Finished all the painting I'm going to do for now on the soon to be new game room. It's hot upstairs. Put an air conditioner upstairs, but in a different room, we'll see how well that works. When the paint dries I can start arranging stuff.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4878 on: July 14, 2012, 09:40:52 PM »

Finished my Napoleon campaign by blitzing the last two territories I needed for victory. In so doing I managed to get all of the allies I'd had the entire game hate my guts and declare war on me, but I finished it out. If I keep playing it'll be rough, although I did manage a peace with France so I could probably take down Prussia as long as that holds. It wouldn't really be that tough in reality, it would just take time. I'd have to comb the oceans again and take out the pretty much everyone's fleets and meh, I don't feel it. Gonna find me a civil war mod.

When shall his new form be revealed?
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #4879 on: July 14, 2012, 10:12:18 PM »

Lunar Silver Star Harmony.

Finally working on that and giving my PSP some love.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4880 on: July 15, 2012, 04:04:01 AM »

felt like playing something on n64 i haven't played in a while so i popped in super mario 64 on a new file. beat the whole thing in 2 hours 55 minutes
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #4881 on: July 15, 2012, 08:24:36 AM »

Started playing Final Fantasy 13. Great looking game and the story is quite interesting as well.

One thing that annoys me is the "cinematic" camera they decided to implement. When you move it around and let go of the analog stick it keeps on swooshing, making it hard to point the camera exactly where you want it. Equally annoying is the delay you get when moving the left analog stick and the character actually starting to run. And when you run the character to the side of the screen, there's (again) a delay in the camera following the character. So for a second or so, the character is almost about to run out of the screen, instead of being dead center all the time. All of this just makes it cumbersome to move around. But other than that, the game is great.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4882 on: July 15, 2012, 08:59:52 AM »

Lots of ME3 multiplayer. It's a fun and quick play.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4883 on: July 15, 2012, 09:15:26 AM »

Started playing Final Fantasy 13. Great looking game and the story is quite interesting as well.

One thing that annoys me is the "cinematic" camera they decided to implement. When you move it around and let go of the analog stick it keeps on swooshing, making it hard to point the camera exactly where you want it. Equally annoying is the delay you get when moving the left analog stick and the character actually starting to run. And when you run the character to the side of the screen, there's (again) a delay in the camera following the character. So for a second or so, the character is almost about to run out of the screen, instead of being dead center all the time. All of this just makes it cumbersome to move around. But other than that, the game is great.

Horaay! I'm not the only guy who likes FF13!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #4884 on: July 15, 2012, 12:54:20 PM »

Horaay! I'm not the only guy who likes FF13!

So far there's no reason not to like FF13. I'm in Chapter 2, I believe (of the Event log). The camera is a minor annoyance, but that won't stop me enjoying the game. The graphics are fantastic, btw.

Because the FF games share the same name, a lot of people expect a new FF to be just like FF6 (= FF3 on SNES in US) or FF7, depending on which one they played first when they were young. I don't look at the series that way. I just hope to play a fun RPG and that's it. The last FF I played (and beat) was FF7, only a couple months ago. I have no problem going from that to this one. FF7 is a great game, but I don't find any better than the other games in the series I played. I really think it's a nostalgia thing...all the obsessing over FF7 by some people.

I'm willing to bet that if Square made a new Final Fantasy *just like* FF6 or FF7, the same people would complain it's a rip-off of those games.
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4885 on: July 15, 2012, 01:17:42 PM »

i noticed the delayed movement with the left analog too but it's funny if you use that delay to quickly make them attempt to go in a bunch of different directions at once. lightly tap it in multiple directions one after the other so you face that way but don't move it, after a few seconds of doing this the character will completely ignore you, drop their head and sigh in disappointment XD
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4886 on: July 15, 2012, 02:18:23 PM »

Played some Final Fantasy 3 SNES, and Final Fantasy 7 today.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #4887 on: July 15, 2012, 05:48:04 PM »

Worst hair ever.

[img width=285 height=231]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060531032044/lunar/images/archive/f/f1/20100203140901!Nash.jpg[/img]

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
UNFORGIVINGPAIN
Donor
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4888 on: July 15, 2012, 06:13:04 PM »

Looking for some family fun this weekend and found Raskulls. Got the game and both Raskulls Reinforcements DLC packs. This game is great with two or more people in the same room. Also downloaded The Splatters. Looks like some time killing fun, but haven't played much yet.
Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #4889 on: July 15, 2012, 06:34:22 PM »

Put a few hours into Xenoblade Chronicles. I'm having more fun with it now that the story's picking up a bit and a few new features have been introduced. Since I won't have a playstation (of any generation) til the end of the month I might just put all my time into XC.
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 397 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length