RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 18, 2024, 12:20:07 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The gaming diary 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 397 Print
Author Topic: The gaming diary  (Read 1005502 times)
FireStar
Virtual Boy
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4770 on: June 09, 2012, 10:04:30 PM »

Hey now!

Just like with Golden Axe II for the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive, I was having issues playing Star Wars Arcade for the 32X with a 6-button controller.

Fortunately, the "fix" was simple: push and hold the MODE button located on the right shoulder of the controller while turning the console on.

Spread the word, and thank you for your attention.

'Late
Wait, I thought Star Wars 32x had a 6-button control scheme? Where mode is actually used as a game button?

Anyways, I've been playing TMNT II on NES, trying to get to the 3rd stage without losing two lives...
I'm also still trying to beat Xenoblade. I plowed through a lot of the story today, mostly because the party kept getting split up so I couldn't do side quests.
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4771 on: June 10, 2012, 12:45:14 AM »

Just finished Bastion on the PC, which is my pallet cleanser while playing the main games in my Summer Challenge.  Typical of indie games, the end requires a choice of the player.  I actually had a hard time deciding, so I paused and walked away for about ten minutes.  I thought about my wife and kids and about choices.  I think this put everything in perspective, and when I made the choice I ended up feeling good about it. 

Unfortunately, because the game was so moving a very strong "post game blues" has set in.  I was going to go power through about half of Tombs and Treasures (with the intention of trying the final boss later Sunday), but I think I'll go to bed instead.  Heck, I think I might even call it a weekend.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4772 on: June 10, 2012, 06:48:21 AM »

Replay Bastion and pick the other ending.
Or was NewGame+ dependent on the ending you chose? I can't remember now

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4773 on: June 10, 2012, 08:55:38 AM »

Replay Bastion and pick the other ending.

Thanks, Iz, I was not sure I wanted to get back into Bastion so soon, but your recommendation has prompted me to review my earlier choice.  I think I'll start NewGame+ on Bastion today, though I strive to at the very least get halfway through Tombs and Treasures before tonight ends.  I'm at the end boss in T&T, but I ended up getting killed.  Not a big deal as I can get to the end in under an hour, but it's still frustrating.  I want to be done with it so I can talk about it (T&T, not Bastion).

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4774 on: June 10, 2012, 09:46:54 AM »

I did back to back plays of Bastion. I did REALLY enjoy the game. I had put off playing it for awhile too since i was worried it would be overhyped.

Squished a few more bugs in Bug Village
Playing PSU right now. Looks like this game might go faster than i had initially anticipated.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #4775 on: June 10, 2012, 11:49:02 AM »

Beaten LocoRoco. Great game, although it's stupid how the first 95% of the game is very easy (getting 20 locos on my first try in most levels) but then the last 3 levels are suddenly much harder.
Murnanaman
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #4776 on: June 10, 2012, 03:12:22 PM »

Played some Killing Floor last night. Really fun.

Played some Dead Space today. Up to Chapter 6. Really sweet game, I was waiting the entire game for things to go balls out with like a million enemies, unkillable enemies, and sequences where you are best running and I finally got it. So that's sweet.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #4777 on: June 11, 2012, 07:22:12 PM »

The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition. Finally beat the Kayran...damn good boss battle! Cool

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4778 on: June 11, 2012, 08:38:38 PM »

Been playing BoulderDash XL.
It is an XBLA game and apparently it is a revamp/remake of a game i have never heard of before.

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4779 on: June 12, 2012, 02:13:52 AM »

I've picked up Dead Island again. It's so much better playing PC games on my desktop PC. They run smoothly and I have a proper mouse and keyboard on a flat surface. The laptop is fine for some occasional gaming but I can't really get into games well enough. The keyboard is a little uncomfortable and I've been using the cheap mouse on the arm of a chair or on my bed.
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4780 on: June 12, 2012, 03:11:43 AM »

couldn't manage to keep up the one CoD game a day schedule, and had plans over the weekend so i've only just started black ops tonight. i've never played it before and didn't know much about it besides vietnam being involved. so far it's awesome, and i had no idea it was in some ways a direct sequel to world at war. was not expecting to fight nazis again that's for sure.
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #4781 on: June 12, 2012, 02:31:32 PM »

Started up Portal 2.  Why did I wait so long?
two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #4782 on: June 13, 2012, 03:47:38 PM »

Max Payne 3

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #4783 on: June 14, 2012, 01:26:38 AM »

Batman for the NES.  its a hard bastard

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4784 on: June 14, 2012, 01:55:39 PM »

Finished Boulder Dash XL the other day.
Was alright. Worth sale price i got it at but i think it is 10$s normally.

Still killing/saving in Bug Village.

Got stuck on a group of bosses in PSU and will probably end up restarting the solo campaign at some point. To irritated to bother with it right now.

Messing around with The Revenants on the phone. There are quite a few"easy" things i haven't done yet so i am going to try and make some progress in that.

Earlier this week i took the USA #10 slot for Gamerscore earned in Puzzle games(#14 world wide). Not to bad since everyone above me has been 360 gaming significantly longer than me.

Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 397 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length