RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 18, 2024, 06:20:52 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The gaming diary 0 Members and 23 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 397 Print
Author Topic: The gaming diary  (Read 1005782 times)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4680 on: May 24, 2012, 05:32:34 PM »

Finally got my 1500 matches played in Fracture.
All online achievements are done!. Now i just need to 2 campaign playthrus.

Probably going to try and finish Wordament before that though.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4681 on: May 24, 2012, 08:04:32 PM »

Beat Metroid Prime 3 yesterday. Might start Xenoblade soon, playing Final Fantasy IV again in the meantime.

how was prime 3? i've beaten 1 and 2 but haven't done anything with 3 yet...vaguely heard that it's not as good, what did you think?
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4682 on: May 24, 2012, 11:25:28 PM »

Beat Metroid Prime 3 yesterday. Might start Xenoblade soon, playing Final Fantasy IV again in the meantime.

how was prime 3? i've beaten 1 and 2 but haven't done anything with 3 yet...vaguely heard that it's not as good, what did you think?

I havnt played 2 yet, but I liked it more than the first one. I liked Other M the best though for the 3D ones.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #4683 on: May 25, 2012, 10:07:14 AM »

Grabbed Outland and Beyond Good and Evil on XBLA.  Outland is pretty cool, combines platforming with schmup elements.

After a slow start, I'm starting to get into Beyond Good and Evil. 

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4684 on: May 25, 2012, 11:50:07 AM »

I snagged both of them awhile back on a previous sale.

Not sure why i never started Outland. Beyond Good and Evil i had heard such varied reviews on it that i intentionally left that on the back burner.

Been Wordamenting today. Up to 175k out of 250k

EDIT
Oh yea got the 10 hours of online last night in Tetris Splash. Only one achievement left in that. I was getting pretty good but still a couple minutes shy of finishing Marathon in under 20 mins.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 12:06:04 PM by Izret101 » Logged

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4685 on: May 25, 2012, 09:25:41 PM »

Played the demo for Guwange today.  Wish I would have picked it up when it was on sale a few months ago.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4686 on: May 26, 2012, 02:29:33 AM »

Wordament

I started Call of Duty: World at War a couple years ago. Someone was helping me with some other game so i threw it in to help them with zombies.

Since i bought the 2k MSP mappack  bundle at the time and i have been turboing games lately i figured i would get myself up to level 20 tonight so i could unlock a perk that drops a grenade when i die. I will be turboing this from now on Smiley I really don't think i will mind playing it for real either. I put in ~7 hours today...

I actually did have fun with it in spite of the modders. Some of the shit they did was pretty funny though. I think i had the most fun when there were at 2 of them fighting back and forth.

raffa1985
DB Contributor
Brazil

Stats
« Reply #4687 on: May 26, 2012, 10:30:28 AM »

i left Kid Icarus Uprising for a while. Wasn't having much fun, i can't get used to its controls, they screw up all the fun. So i start Max Payne 3 today.

On the very beginning of Chapter 3. Love the way São Paulo is portrayed, even if there is some exaggeration : lots of buildings, rich people, ostentation, night clubs...and i absolutely founded hilarious the great amount of portuguese bad language on it, the enemies shouts every time things like: Filho da Puta (son of a bitch), Vai te fuder (fuck you), eu vou cortar teu saco (i will cut your scrotum). I laugh all the time.

So far i'm having a good time, nice action sequences. Hoping the game keeps going well.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #4688 on: May 26, 2012, 12:44:14 PM »

Halo: Combat Evolved (XB) - I am finally going to play through this legendary series....even though I've had all the games for years now Tongue

You're not alone there. I've never played through the whole series either. I've always just played multiplayer. I've wanted to play through it in chronological order for some time now:
Halo: Reach
Halo 1
Halo 2
Halo ODST
Halo 3
I have played through the campaign for Halo Wars, though. A very underrated RTS game, imo. Cool

Last night I hosted a retro gaming night at my place. 2 Xbox1 consoles going all night playing Def Jam: Fight For NY (best arena multiplayer figher EVER for 4 player simultaneous play!), Test Drive: Eve of Destruction, Far Cry: Instincts (played on a bunch of old homemade maps...best Map Editor for consoles EVER!), and Halo 2 multiplayer system linked (lots of great maps on this one that didn't get ported over to the Halo: Anniversary edition...Turf is my personal favorite). All told, about 10 people showed up...good turnout.

They really need to make a fighting game for 4 player simultaneous arena fighting game on the modern day consoles...

Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #4689 on: May 26, 2012, 03:49:34 PM »

I havnt played 2 yet, but I liked it more than the first one. I liked Other M the best though for the 3D ones.

Three was...alright.

I think I prefer it over the first two but it's to come to a definite opinion as I'm very much in a love/hate relationship with the Prime series. On one hand I thank the series for Metroid's successful transition to 3D. On the other hand however they aren't very memorable to me when I think back on the first two all I can really remember is a few very frustrating bosses and rooms I had to backtrack through half a dozen times.

Three did have a bit more story in it and some cool new weapons/features to play with. So yeah I think Three was better than the other two, But I'm with Crabmaster on the subject of Other M. For all its flaws It's my favorite out of the 3D games.

Started Bayonetta and BlazBlue for the 3DS.
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4690 on: May 26, 2012, 10:19:19 PM »

Hooked up my Jap Sega Saturn and played some imports.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4691 on: May 27, 2012, 03:38:32 PM »

WORDAMENT IS DONE!
Yo soy nunca leo espanol otra vez!

raffa1985
DB Contributor
Brazil

Stats
« Reply #4692 on: May 27, 2012, 04:22:20 PM »

Chapter 10 of Max Payne 3.

I would say that the gameplay is a bit repetitive, too much shoot sequences. I think that Max already killed all the bad guys existing in São Paulo. Seriously, i never killed so many people in a game. But everything is so well produced, so intense and shocking that's very hard no to me entertained.

Not to mention the hilarious dialogue from the brazilian characters, mainly the bad guys and people who live in the slums. The way they talk, the slangs, bad language...Identical! Hats off for Rockstar for doing a good research. It's a pity that many people around the world will not understand a thing, because Rockstar did not translate the portuguese dialogue.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4693 on: May 28, 2012, 12:14:59 AM »

Ended up getting into a session with a great bunch of people for CoD: WaW. It was essentially the same thing as Gears 2 boosting but without the sound effects. It was 3 hours long and i honestly hadn't even noticed the session time was over when it ended.

Got back into Fable Coin Golf on the phone. Supposedly a really easy completion. It is only 45 stages and the first time i played i didn't even clear the first 10.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4694 on: May 28, 2012, 12:49:18 AM »

Mass Effect 3. Finished up the Tuchanka missions. Great stuff.

Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 397 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length