RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 18, 2024, 12:22:47 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The gaming diary 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 397 Print
Author Topic: The gaming diary  (Read 1006032 times)
aeroc
DB Contributor

WWW Stats
« Reply #4605 on: May 10, 2012, 07:10:17 PM »

I'm still hoping for a sequel, but until Firaxis announces Civ Rev 2

They did, it's called Civ V. Still waiting for the true sequel to Civ IV. =)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4606 on: May 10, 2012, 08:34:56 PM »

Minecraft XBLA - Finished achievements
Gin Rummy - Still working on the classic gin (1 more win) and oklahoma gin (2? more wins)
Wordament - still working towards the 250k
Wits & Wagers - still turboing for the 700 questions. This is taking much longer than anticipated...

Did a little messing around with Fable Pub games again too. I'll probably go back to that after i do a few more games. Prepatch there was an infinite money glitch that i plan to use.

MercuryCrusader
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #4607 on: May 10, 2012, 10:19:02 PM »

So this happened:

[img width=600 height=800]http://i.imgur.com/levPv.jpg[/img]

Near-mint condition, CD doesn't have a single scratch or smudge, manual still had the Working Designs merchandise pamphlet catalog thing in it as well as a Dragon Force sticker that you are apparently supposed to stick onto a Saturn Back-Up Cartridge. Still wondering why that game was at a thrift store of all places in the condition it was in.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to play this game. I probably chose a really hard starting kingdom or something, because I'm getting stomped hard.
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #4608 on: May 11, 2012, 03:35:55 AM »

Oh, Dragon Force. That was the entire reason I wanted a Saturn!
... never could get my hands on it back then though so unfortunately by the time I played it I couldn't appreciate it as much as I would have as a teen.... super shame.

Anyway, make sure they don't have the field or man advantage and try your best and you'll enjoy it I bet. You'll also have to figure what units are strong vs what units.

MercuryCrusader
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #4609 on: May 11, 2012, 03:09:14 PM »

Tried out a different kingdom in Dragon Force and the game got a bit easier. The manual happened to have a chart to show what units have an advantage against others, and I found out how to expand the amount of troops a general can have, so the game is going a bit smoother now. Much more enjoyable when I know what the hell I'm doing. The one thing I can't figure out is how to keep certain generals loyal; seems like at least two will leave me at any moment.

I tend to appreciate older games a lot more now that I'm getting old and bitter and maybe a bit more senile than I did when I was much younger. Looking at how software utilized that old hardware, what kind of gameplay innovations might have come around the year it was made, that sort of thing.
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #4610 on: May 11, 2012, 03:37:34 PM »

I just got a Saturn this week, all I picked up for it (mostly for testing purposes) was SimCity 2000. After playing it for a good 15 minutes I was already annoyed at how slow it was. Luckily the case is in pretty good shape, so I can switch it out if I find something better or rare with a worse case.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4611 on: May 11, 2012, 08:00:33 PM »

Tried out a different kingdom in Dragon Force and the game got a bit easier. The manual happened to have a chart to show what units have an advantage against others, and I found out how to expand the amount of troops a general can have, so the game is going a bit smoother now. Much more enjoyable when I know what the hell I'm doing. The one thing I can't figure out is how to keep certain generals loyal; seems like at least two will leave me at any moment.

I tend to appreciate older games a lot more now that I'm getting old and bitter and maybe a bit more senile than I did when I was much younger. Looking at how software utilized that old hardware, what kind of gameplay innovations might have come around the year it was made, that sort of thing.

Fantastic grab on the Dragon Force!! I had the same problems when I gave it a go initially. Still havnt sat down and figured it out though. One day I'll get back to it for sure though.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4612 on: May 11, 2012, 08:54:43 PM »

Wits and Wagers - I have another 17 hours of turboing  Still have not gotten all 700 questions. Still turboing away.
I have a session tonight so i can try and finish playing X# of unique tags online.

Gin Rummy - Finished all the solo wins last night. Started on the online stuff going to try and finish it tonight. Going to have to make a session to get 4 gamers together for this one too.

EA Active 2 - Still need to play catch up on my missed exercise. Only did 1 last night instead of the 2.

Wordament - I am up to 120/250k needed My average score is up to 227 from 211.2 but now i am ranked 632 and i was in the top 500 before. So i have no hope of finishing this before hitting 250k :-/

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #4613 on: May 11, 2012, 11:48:34 PM »

Been playing KOF-i 2012 each day to receive my daily reward. Smiley

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4614 on: May 13, 2012, 12:10:34 AM »

Finally finished Skyrim... well, as much as I figure I can. All the achievements and finished the final main story mission. I have put way too many hours into this game, and I kind of wish that the DLC was here already. Oh well, guess this will let me move on to Mass Effect 3 until then.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4615 on: May 13, 2012, 01:03:16 AM »

Finished wits and wagers.

Started Jewel Quest - This game seems pretty cool so far. I can definitely see the difficulty picking up so i plan on using the infinite lives exploit just in case.

Started Sensible World of Soccer - why do people like this game?

Got the 4 player in Gin Rummy. Just need to grind out the 50k points achieve.

Did not get to EA Active 2 since my son had a nightmare and hasn't fallen back asleep.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4616 on: May 13, 2012, 10:59:13 PM »

Finished my second playthru of Jewel Quest 3 more to go.

On the other hand Gin Rummy has another 4+ hours of grinding out points online. (Damn puns)

Wordament got some more playtime too. 1 game away from 129k Need to roughly double my score and i am done. :-/

LA Noire came in the mail too. I'll probably file that away with all the other quality titles i ignore.

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #4617 on: May 14, 2012, 10:48:59 AM »

I finally got around to playing Splatterhouse (PS3).  It is a pretty fun game, but it lacks a bit of polish.  The loading screens can last annoying long sometimes.
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4618 on: May 14, 2012, 01:28:34 PM »

That was a fast game for achievements but i thought it was a really fun game too.

Finished Gin Rummy last night!

Been working on Fracture online achievements today. The 3 other players are all at work. This is the perfect boosting game since the host can force matches to start, boot player, lock lobbies, and rearrange teams!

I am REALLY looking forward to playing the campaign just because of how unique the weapons are. I highly recommend checking this game out for a different shooter experience.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4619 on: May 14, 2012, 06:43:53 PM »

Rio, Feed Me Oil and Fracture (kind of).

Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 397 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length