RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 18, 2024, 02:29:15 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The gaming diary 0 Members and 25 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 397 Print
Author Topic: The gaming diary  (Read 1006134 times)
cant-grow-up
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4095 on: March 16, 2009, 09:49:55 PM »

Got panzer Dragoon out of the way.
Thinking gran tourismo 4 here in a bit.....or mayber tourist trophy? hmmm..

remembering the old times of late nights with the genesis
[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/cant-grow-up.png[/img]
wishlist:Pico-3DO-Jaguar-Nomad-Xbox-NES
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4096 on: March 16, 2009, 09:55:43 PM »

More Empire. Really needs some patching but it's still pretty damn amazing as is.

Finished the Road to Independence campaign. Rather than fighting the Cherokee for the West I concentrated on pushing the English out of Canada. My first expedition went horribly as I landed a small force on a peninsula in Nova Scotia and they got overwhelmed by this huge army Britain had parked there. Was pretty epic all the same, had my men form squares and they did some damage to the British cavalry until their infantry arrived. Rather than be shot to mincemeat in squares I charged them. 100% losses on my part; but I took a good many of them with my men and when my main force arrived the next turn with Washington at their head I chased them into the sea.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

To play a game with campaigns in my own backyard (Nova Scotia) would be fantastic. Fort Cumberland/Beauséjour or Halifax Citadel by any chance?

No, it's not quite that in-depth. I'll printscreen the map for you.

More news from the Empire front though. Started a Grand Campaign as the British and immediately started attempting to expand in the Americas. I can see the troubles they had...

I'm stretched incredibly thin now, fighting the French in Canada, the Cherokee to the west, the Spanish in the south, and now the US has sprouted up in the middle of territory I thought secure. Going to try and call a peace with the Cherokee, and probably the French too before they figure out I've left England defenseless and invade. I've got a substantial navy which I should use to make sure that doesn't happen; but it's all in the Caribbean or southern Europe dealing with Spain. None of this would be a horrible problem if I had established some financial infrastructure before going all gung-ho and expanding all over the place.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 10:12:29 PM by The Maligned Leon » Logged

When shall his new form be revealed?
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #4097 on: March 16, 2009, 10:16:22 PM »

Played some Pogo tonight with Sue.

logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #4098 on: March 16, 2009, 10:49:19 PM »

I have played today
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Ikaruga
Peter Jacksons King Kong
Super Mario Strikers
Sonic Adventure DX Directors Cut
Freedom Fighters
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
Soul Calibur II
Luigi's Mansion
Bloodrayne
The Legend of Zelda: Collectors Edition
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
all for my GCN

>.<

No work today?

Tell me about your variants...
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4099 on: March 17, 2009, 12:21:41 AM »

Boosted some NHL 08 last night.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #4100 on: March 17, 2009, 08:00:02 AM »

Fallout 3 last night also.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #4101 on: March 17, 2009, 08:38:28 AM »

Played more Maximo vs Army of Zin yesterday. I'm at 78% now but that'll probably rise more today. Smiley
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4102 on: March 17, 2009, 09:53:02 AM »

My little brother came over and spent the night so we played some:

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - I think he likes the first one better because of the easy option which helps you do special moves. Even with the handicaps set hugely in his favor it was difficult for him to win.

Smash Bros. Brawl - Played this one a lot while he was here. Tons of fun, and I even unlocked a bunch of new songs, stickers, trophies and stuff. My wife played this one with us too. Usually we are pretty evenly ranked on this game depending on our characters (we pick random characters a lot), but my brother made me the bet that I didnt have to feed him until he beat me and then I went on a 17 game winning streak.  Man was he starving.

Mario Kart Wii - the 3 of us played a lot of Mario Kart aswell. Good times

Crazy Taxi - My brother and I stayed up late and beat all the Crazy Box challenges and got an S rank for the arcade mode. This ones just fun to screw around with.

Metal Slug Anthology - This game is a lot more fun with an extra person. I mean it was fun by itself, but with a second player to annoy you by grabbing power ups it was a blast. Played and finished Metal Slug 6.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4103 on: March 17, 2009, 12:02:11 PM »

Restarted my grand campaign in Empire. Still playing British, I decided rather than mainland America to go after India. Although I did seize the whole of the Caribbean from the Spanish as my first move. I had planned to simply take one city on the Southwest coast of India, it being a faction in itself and therefore not going to piss people off if I take them out. However, the local Maharata Confederacy started trying to demand stuff from me, then declared war for no reason at all. Was a stupid move as I had two full stack armies within striking distance of their capital. Three turns later I was holding on to the entire southern half of India.

Pretty good income flow from India, and I'm not sure where to focus next. I figure I might try and replicate history and cut Gibraltar out from the Spanish, although that would mean getting back into it with the French and Spanish. I might just sit back for awhile and let the cash flow in.

hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #4104 on: March 17, 2009, 07:58:18 PM »

I discovered the wonders of Peggle tonight

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4105 on: March 17, 2009, 10:10:20 PM »

More Insaniquarium.
Unlocked 1 the first of 4 extra pets. First one was a scuba diving elephant.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #4106 on: March 17, 2009, 10:38:53 PM »

I discovered the wonders of Peggle tonight

I've heard good things about Peggle.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4107 on: March 17, 2009, 10:47:29 PM »

I'vew peeged good ting s about pegginrg

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4108 on: March 18, 2009, 09:51:44 AM »

Had another guy over that is married to my wifes friend and we played some:

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 (Dreamcast)- Had my son on my lap as sort of a handicap and it turned out to be pretty even matches like that. My kid loves the analog stick. I keep telling him to stick to the D-Pad, but he just doesnt get it.

Raiden III (PS2)- Played through this one and beat it. Seems like you get infinite continues on multiplayer, unlike single player.

Ice Hockey (NES) - 3 skinnies and a fatty rules the rink!! But in the third period one of my skinny men dissapeared. He was still playable, but I couldnt see him. Just had a floating puck running around a couple times, and he couldnt skate past the center line. Weird.

Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers (NES) - Beat this one too. This game is so much fun with two players. And a lot harder when doing climbing levels.

Yoshi (NES) - Finished the night off with a rousing game of Yoshi. Good times!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Barracuda
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4109 on: March 18, 2009, 11:07:35 AM »

Just did my Wii Fit for the day. Now I might try and get into Dead Head Fred again.

Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 397 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length