RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 18, 2024, 04:22:38 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The gaming diary 0 Members and 16 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 397 Print
Author Topic: The gaming diary  (Read 1006195 times)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4080 on: March 12, 2009, 03:42:17 PM »

Net was down so i have been playing

Insaniquarium Deluxe - don't remember what mode i am playing but i'm on Tank 4-4 it involves feeding fish, killing aliens and picking up the coins fish shit out to buy upgrades/three egg parts to get a new animal that helps you in your tank.

Mummy Maze - cleared 2 pyramids and a couple of the rooms in the dark pyramid

Rubik's World - around 25-30% finished.

Started Command and Conquer Renegade. Nothing special there.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4081 on: March 13, 2009, 02:44:43 PM »

Playing more Insaniquarium

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4082 on: March 13, 2009, 06:13:37 PM »

What? ^

More Empire, the Road to Independence campaign is rather easy. Maybe I just know how to command an 18th century army; but I have divided and conquered the British in the colonies in about ten turns.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4083 on: March 13, 2009, 07:14:24 PM »

Had some guy over yesterday and we played:

Marvel vs Capcom 2 - Whooped him every time, but once when I was checking out characters I wasnt familiar with. Good times though. Its always nice to fight a real person in these kind of games over the computer.

House of the Dead 2 - Made it to the last boss with him on one run through. Probably could have beaten it if we tried again, but he wanted to move on to the next game.

Smash Bros. Brawl - Some good matches depending on our characters. Some one I was good with I'd win by 3 or 4 men (starting with a stock of 10), but someone I wasnt familiar with I'd be down to my last life. My wife joined in the last couple fights and we had a lot of fun.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #4084 on: March 13, 2009, 08:20:45 PM »

Tried out FF4 & FF5, they seem cool.

Also played more Maximo vs Army of Zin, I'm at 64% now (on normal). Smiley
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #4085 on: March 13, 2009, 11:08:22 PM »

So you let random strangers into your home to play games?

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4086 on: March 13, 2009, 11:45:03 PM »

So you let random strangers into your home to play games?

Well hes not a stranger anymore now is he? We even fed him before we kicked him out.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #4087 on: March 14, 2009, 07:12:03 AM »

Still cant get into any real gaming for some reason. I tried a bit of Metroid 2 yesterday though.
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #4088 on: March 14, 2009, 12:11:06 PM »

I've been on a SA2B kick, trying to improve my scores and such. I have about 1/2 the emblems now, and have A ranks on a LOT of levels. Tongue

Tell me about your variants...
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #4089 on: March 15, 2009, 06:30:58 PM »

I did a comparison of different connections and how they perform today. Smiley

For the comparison I was using:
GameCube  --> Composite
PS2             --> S-video
DreamCast  --> RGB SCART

S-video was obviously nicer than Composite but the big surprise to me was the RGB SCART. I haven't played that much on my Dreamcast and I kind of forgot just how good it looks with it! Performance-wise, RGB SCART is somewhere between S-video and Component, but closer to Component when it comes to SD. (RGB SCART can't output HD)

It made me buy an RGB cable for my GameCube already, cause when switching back an forth between the RGB and the Composite it became painfully obvious just how shitty Composite looks. Tongue

€14 for the official Nintendo GameCube RGB cable (with box), I hope it arrives soon. Smiley
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #4090 on: March 15, 2009, 06:53:25 PM »

And I'm here still using standard def on all my stuff.

Tell me about your variants...
Yurf
N-Gage
Belgium

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4091 on: March 16, 2009, 06:47:15 AM »

Currently playing:

- Tomb Raider Underworld (Xbox 360) - I prefer the old TR-games on PS1. This one is just too easy.
- Super Pang (SNES) - I keep playing this game, way too addictive. Grin

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #4092 on: March 16, 2009, 08:46:24 AM »

And I'm here still using standard def on all my stuff.
If your TV allows it, upgrade!

Even if all you have (besides Composite) is one S-video input; buy an S-video cable for your console of choice, you won't be dissapointed. Wink
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4093 on: March 16, 2009, 03:31:22 PM »

More Empire. Really needs some patching but it's still pretty damn amazing as is.

Finished the Road to Independence campaign. Rather than fighting the Cherokee for the West I concentrated on pushing the English out of Canada. My first expedition went horribly as I landed a small force on a peninsula in Nova Scotia and they got overwhelmed by this huge army Britain had parked there. Was pretty epic all the same, had my men form squares and they did some damage to the British cavalry until their infantry arrived. Rather than be shot to mincemeat in squares I charged them. 100% losses on my part; but I took a good many of them with my men and when my main force arrived the next turn with Washington at their head I chased them into the sea.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

When shall his new form be revealed?
Tan
« Reply #4094 on: March 16, 2009, 03:58:30 PM »

More Empire. Really needs some patching but it's still pretty damn amazing as is.

Finished the Road to Independence campaign. Rather than fighting the Cherokee for the West I concentrated on pushing the English out of Canada. My first expedition went horribly as I landed a small force on a peninsula in Nova Scotia and they got overwhelmed by this huge army Britain had parked there. Was pretty epic all the same, had my men form squares and they did some damage to the British cavalry until their infantry arrived. Rather than be shot to mincemeat in squares I charged them. 100% losses on my part; but I took a good many of them with my men and when my main force arrived the next turn with Washington at their head I chased them into the sea.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

To play a game with campaigns in my own backyard (Nova Scotia) would be fantastic. Fort Cumberland/Beauséjour or Halifax Citadel by any chance?
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 397 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length