RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 18, 2024, 12:29:43 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The gaming diary 0 Members and 11 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 397 Print
Author Topic: The gaming diary  (Read 1006049 times)
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #4065 on: March 10, 2009, 02:07:27 PM »

Playing some Road to the Show in MLB 09 for PSP. It's a great little game. Graphics are nice and animations are smooth, something that hindered last years game.
Tan
« Reply #4066 on: March 10, 2009, 03:08:59 PM »

Crackdown is one of my favorite 360 games. Assassin's Creed remind me of Crackdown.

I really enjoyed Assassin's Creed at first. Then when I unlocked the cities and found out that I need to do the same repetitive tasks several more times I stopped playing it. There's just no variety. Tower/flag/informer/pickpocket/kill over and over again dozens and dozens of times. When you unlock a new section of a city, it's rinse and repeat again and again and again. Tongue
cant-grow-up
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4067 on: March 10, 2009, 08:09:36 PM »

Woke up this morning way too early on a day off so I hooked up Earthworm Jim 3d on the N64
And right now i figure im about half way through Eternal Darkness and I have to say im hooked
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 07:49:35 PM by cant-grow-up » Logged

remembering the old times of late nights with the genesis
[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/cant-grow-up.png[/img]
wishlist:Pico-3DO-Jaguar-Nomad-Xbox-NES
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #4068 on: March 11, 2009, 08:03:40 AM »

More Fallout 3. insomnia

I finally decided to save Megaton, so I diffused the bomb. I should've done this a long time ago! I didn't realize how making that decision would open up so many new options. Now I just need the caps to afford them.

I also reached level 14 and decided to take the "Lawbringer"(?) perk where you get a finger for every kill and can turn them in for caps. Only 5 caps per finger, though, wtf... Cool

And I finally got all the components to build my Railway Rifle. That's a badass weapon!

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4069 on: March 11, 2009, 09:12:09 AM »

Picked up a few more achievements last night playing Left4Dead.

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4070 on: March 11, 2009, 10:18:37 AM »

The usual: SF4 and KZ2.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Barracuda
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4071 on: March 11, 2009, 11:14:10 AM »

More Fallout 3. insomnia

I finally decided to save Megaton, so I diffused the bomb. I should've done this a long time ago! I didn't realize how making that decision would open up so many new options. Now I just need the caps to afford them.

I also reached level 14 and decided to take the "Lawbringer"(?) perk where you get a finger for every kill and can turn them in for caps. Only 5 caps per finger, though, wtf... Cool

And I finally got all the components to build my Railway Rifle. That's a badass weapon!

I enjoy blowing Megaton up! Tennypenny Tower is nice.

NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #4072 on: March 11, 2009, 11:14:51 AM »

Played about 4 hours of roller coaster tycoon last night (just reinstalled it for the hell of it). Then half-life 2 for most of this afternoon

I loved Roller Coaster Tycoon! I've been meaning to pick up one of the more recent releases.
There's a nice copy of RCT3 in this auction: http://www.chasethechuckw....cgi?show_item=0000087201
Aside from the outer box, it's complete as well.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #4073 on: March 11, 2009, 12:48:28 PM »

I enjoy blowing Megaton up! Tennypenny Tower is nice.

I haven't even gone into Tenpenny Tower yet. I didn't feel like spending 100 caps to get in after the ghoul walked away. 

I did have a funny thing happen near TT yesterday, though. South of there is a store front I found called "Lucky's" (or something like that) which had a Wasteland Scavenger in there buying and selling stuff. Well, after going in there I left, went further South, and some renegade robots started attacking me so I ran back into the store (I think that's near the southernmost border, so maybe the robot attack is the game's way of saying not to go further or risk getting killed?). The robots followed me into the store, I ducked for cover and popped some shots their way, but they ended up killing the Scavenger vendor FOR ME. So after taking out the last of the robots with a Pulse Grenade, I had more loot from there than I could carry, including a Flamethrower. I also got a lot of negative Karma because it took me 8 or 9 computer hack attempts to open the safe behind the counter. Cool

The next time I play through the game, I'll be sure to blow up Megaton, though.  evilhappy
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 12:50:06 PM by phoenix1967 » Logged

Barracuda
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4074 on: March 11, 2009, 12:54:20 PM »

^ There always seems to be lots of robots spawning in that area. I usually avoid it. Not much down that way anyways.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #4075 on: March 11, 2009, 01:01:16 PM »

^ There always seems to be lots of robots spawning in that area. I usually avoid it. Not much down that way anyways.

Probably because it's so close to the RobCo factory. I wonder if there's a questline clue or something unique in that area? Hmmm...

Barracuda
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4076 on: March 11, 2009, 03:20:52 PM »

^ Bob

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #4077 on: March 11, 2009, 03:58:24 PM »

who all has found the Oasis in Fallout 3?

The location is on my map, but I haven't tried going there yet.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4078 on: March 11, 2009, 06:33:25 PM »

Finally got to dig into some of the Dreamcast games sent by Izret (Thank you once again sir).

Started off with some Jet Grind Radio and quickly grew to dislike it. Onto the next title after about 20 minutes.

Put in some Spawn In The Demons's Hands. Also only lasted a few minutes.

Tried out some Crazy Taxi and was hooked. I've only got a couple Crazy Box Challenges left to finish. This is one of the few games I think I'm might break down and purchase a Wheel for. Its tons of fun as is, but I think could really benefit from a wheel.

And lastly, I think I've found one of my new favorite games in Bangai-O. It wasnt very challenging and I rushed through each level only playing #25 and #44 more than 2 or 3 times, but man is it fun. It took me 20-25 tries or so to finally beat the last boss, but I enjoyed the final level so much that it didnt lose my interest at all. Its amazing that with so much going on at one time you can actually some how feel in control. The broken english is kinda funny too.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4079 on: March 12, 2009, 11:42:45 AM »

Played some Wolfenstein 3d on the SNES last night.  It was the first time I played the SNES version of the game.  I found it kind of odd with all the censorship in it.  The pictures of hitler did not have the mustache, no nazi symbols, and the guards spoke english.  Other than those gripes it was enjoyable.

Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 397 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length