RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 18, 2024, 08:16:46 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The gaming diary 0 Members and 13 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 397 Print
Author Topic: The gaming diary  (Read 1005858 times)
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4020 on: March 05, 2009, 03:54:43 PM »

Yesterday was The Maw and Assassin's Creed

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #4021 on: March 05, 2009, 04:51:52 PM »

^How do you like The Maw?

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4022 on: March 05, 2009, 06:20:35 PM »

The Maw is MAWSOME! It is a cute platformer. There is now a DLC level called Brute Force for a total of 215 achievement points.

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4023 on: March 06, 2009, 09:58:07 AM »

Played some Super Mario World last night.  Hoping to squeeze some more time in this weekend for Left4Dead.

Lucri
« Reply #4024 on: March 06, 2009, 11:53:45 AM »

Already have 19 hours into Star Ocean: The Last Hope after 3 days of playing. Been blitzing through it normally instead of trying to collect everything in one run. I'll probably go through it again sometime in the future when a complete guide is available. Otherwise, I'm really enjoying it.

I've heard some really good things about the combat system in that game? Do you agree?

Does the item creation system work out fairly well?

The fighting is a bit tedious as in there's just button-mashing. Some of the overall fighting, like just regular mobs, feels repetitive sometimes. I'm having fun with it, but I could understand some people getting tired of it. The only difference in fights is when there's a boss fight, then there's some sort of strategy involved. They can also be quite long because of the defenses the bosses have. There's sometimes a unique way you have to take them down.

The creation system is quite convenient. You just group of 3 of your characters and whatever skills they've upgraded or learned will help them come up with recipes so you can make your item. If you've played Second Story for the PS1, there's a bit of chance involved in being able to make your item. Now, you just need the available stuff and the recipe. I haven't had any failures yet, and I'm not really sure if that have that for this game. Smiley But so far, so good.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4025 on: March 06, 2009, 02:27:46 PM »

I played Links Crossbow Training for a little bit more yesterday and got platinum on the first 5 or 6 stages. Only 3 left on that.

Picked back up Pokemon Ranger Shadows of Almia after a day or so of not playing it. There are huge changes to the capture system which i actually like. The game is much more colorful and vibrant than the first one. But it also seems to be geared at an audiance a couple years younger than the first one. Maybe the big N figured mid teens was too old for them?
In anycase there are more pokemon and the ranger net missions have to be downloaded and not unlocked. I already dloaded them but haven't played them yet.

logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #4026 on: March 06, 2009, 02:32:14 PM »

Started a new file in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle on the GC. I have about 2/3 Hero done and 1/3 Dark done. I probably could finish this weekend...

Tell me about your variants...
Barracuda
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4027 on: March 06, 2009, 02:34:06 PM »

Playing some  more LocoRoco.

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4028 on: March 06, 2009, 03:09:30 PM »

The Maw is MAWSOME! It is a cute platformer. There is now a DLC level called Brute Force for a total of 215 achievement points.
It's awesome? I might have to get it when it comes out on Steam next week.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4029 on: March 06, 2009, 03:51:12 PM »

It's awesome? I might have to get it when it comes out on Steam next week.

I like it. It is rather strange.

BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #4030 on: March 06, 2009, 05:06:35 PM »

Played a bit of World of Goo this morning. I really enjoy pick-up-and-play games like this. It reminds me a bit of The Incredible Machine.
cant-grow-up
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4031 on: March 06, 2009, 11:33:33 PM »

Played about 4 hours of roller coaster tycoon last night (just reinstalled it for the hell of it). Then half-life 2 for most of this afternoon

remembering the old times of late nights with the genesis
[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/cant-grow-up.png[/img]
wishlist:Pico-3DO-Jaguar-Nomad-Xbox-NES
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #4032 on: March 06, 2009, 11:48:58 PM »

Played about 4 hours of roller coaster tycoon last night (just reinstalled it for the hell of it). Then half-life 2 for most of this afternoon

I loved Roller Coaster Tycoon! I've been meaning to pick up one of the more recent releases.
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4033 on: March 07, 2009, 11:21:24 AM »

Whoa, now there's a blast from the past. I loved building theme parks with huge fees to use the bathrooms, cheap food, and a ton of twisty nauseating rides. Oh, and have the custodial staff be at a minimum. Cheesy

Another fun thing, of course: build rides that are guaranteed to kill people.

Anyways, last night was pretty much casual night for me, with Audiosurf and Peggle Deluxe on PC being the games of choice.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4034 on: March 07, 2009, 05:36:04 PM »

More Pokemon Ranger 2.
This one seems to progress slower than the last one.

Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 397 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length