RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 18, 2024, 06:25:32 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The gaming diary 0 Members and 33 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 397 Print
Author Topic: The gaming diary  (Read 1005798 times)
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #3990 on: February 28, 2009, 12:38:41 PM »

Played some more Sunshine yesterday. I'm at 26 stars now. I love the platform levels with the (updated) Super Mario Bros. music. Cheesy
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #3991 on: February 28, 2009, 01:12:29 PM »

Multiplayer Left 4 Dead, CoD3, and Halo 3 with den68, ronmexico, and friends at my place last night.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3992 on: February 28, 2009, 05:03:46 PM »

Had a lot of fun with Rock Band 2 and Guitar Hero World tour last night.
I thought i was going to be much worse than i was. With the exception of Metallica Songs(Battery) i was able to hit 90+ percent on guitar on medium. Bass for every song  i played was easy so i am guessing that would be the norm.

Dunno when we will get to have a get together like that again though...
My friend bought his parents tickets and a hotel for his parents to go to Niagara Falls for their anniversary so he had the house to himself.

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3993 on: March 02, 2009, 11:35:06 AM »

This last weekend has pretty much been all Killzone 2, all the time. I'm about half way through single player, and I'm at like the 3rd or 4th rank in multiplayer.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 11:39:01 AM by Tondog » Logged

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #3994 on: March 02, 2009, 03:04:37 PM »

More Fallout 3.

I'm at the point where I have to do the underwater thing in Rivet City to find out how it was discovered. My lockpick is at 100, so I was able to get into the room using my last bobby pin, but I haven't been able to get around the underwater "maze" yet to get to the doctor to give me the history of Rivet City. This Wasteland Survival Guide quest is just too long...I haven't even been to the robot factory yet. Tongue

I was able to advance the story, though, because I found the tapes at the Jefferson Memorial. Now I have to find Vault 112.

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3995 on: March 02, 2009, 03:35:15 PM »

Actually had some time this weekend for games.  The one I spent the most time with was SFIV.  I also had some Touch The Dead, and Starfox Command Fun on the DS.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #3996 on: March 02, 2009, 04:35:39 PM »

Played some more Dark Chronicle today. I'm getting a bit irritated with this game yet I can't seem to decide whether to quit it or not.

The game has some nice RPG elements in it, but the dungeon crawling is so boring. Right now I'm at this dark mountanous environment (Chapter 5) and the dungeon levels look so dull and uninspiring, I thought I was going to fall asleep. To make matters worse these are randomly generated dungeons, so there's nothing particular to look at; it's the same hallways/rooms the whole damn time. Atleast the dungeons with the condor (Balance Valley) or those in the jungle (Sindain) were a bit more diverse. Even the sea caves (Vennicio) were more fun to look at than this. Sad

Also, now that I'm talking about this game anyway, it really didn't live up to the expectations it itself created at the beginning. It started out with an interesting (enough) story but once you're past that initial part it's just dungeon crawling all the time. To make things worse, the dungeons only get bigger as you progress, so while it didn't bother me at first when there were like 5 "levels" in a dungeon, it really annoys me now, with about 20 levels in this one.

Once you get to the end of a dungeon in each chapter the story unfolds a little further, but because the dungeons take so much time it misses its effect completely.
It's like I would say to a person: "Hey, here's a movie I'll let you watch. But after the first 20min I'll pause the DVD and let you dig a hole outside for 8 hours straight. After that I'll let you watch another 20min of the movie but then you'll have to go dig outside again."
In other words the story feels like an afterthought the developers put in the game to disguise the fact it is a boring dungeon crawler from beginning to end. Sure there are upsides to the game like the graphics, the music, the georama and some of the side quests (like the fishing) that make it a less annoying. But with such a boring combat aspect of the game (that take up atleast 85% of the time you'll spend on the game) I've really lost all motivation to continue this grindfest.

Alright, that's it, I'm going to try out Persona 3 and/or Rogue Galaxy. I'm pretty sure they'll be worth my time more than this game.

And now I've written so much about this game anyway, I think I'll just go ahead and submit this as my review of it. Wink
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3997 on: March 02, 2009, 05:46:30 PM »

Got a little more Pokemon Ranger in.
Going to pick up the last 5 pokemon i need so Snorlax wakes up and i can catch him.
Then the rangernet missions.

hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #3998 on: March 02, 2009, 05:49:42 PM »

Beat my second expert campaign on Left 4 Dead, Death Toll. 2 more to go!

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #3999 on: March 03, 2009, 08:51:50 AM »

^WTG! Cool

DL'd the CoD4:MW map pack for 400 points since yesterday was the last day of the discount offer (I still need to buy the main game, though).

Also played more Fallout 3. Finished "The Replicated Man" quest an now I'm on the Fire Ants quest in Greyditch ("Those!"); those suckers are a bitch! After I finish this one, I'm either going to the robot factory to finish the Wasteland Survivor's Guide or going to retrieve the Declaration of Independence for the guy in Rivet City so I can get the schematic for the Railway Rifle. Decisions. Decisions.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 08:53:36 AM by phoenix1967 » Logged

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4000 on: March 03, 2009, 01:06:20 PM »

Finally finished Baten Kaitos last night. The game is great until like 2 minutes before the credits. 42 hours logged into that game over the last 3ish weeks. I remember why I play so few RPGs now. They are awesome, but so time consuming.

Planning to starting picking off Metal Slug games now that I'm free of that one. I suppose Ill start at 1 and work my way up.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4001 on: March 03, 2009, 01:30:09 PM »

More Killzone 2. I got the medic class unlocked now!

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #4002 on: March 03, 2009, 02:07:01 PM »

Playing a little Madden 09 for the PSP lately. I actually kind of enjoy it. The graphics leave a little to be desired, and the controls take a little getting used to (especially because of the cramped button layout of the system itself), but all-in-all it's pretty fun.
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4003 on: March 03, 2009, 03:23:14 PM »

Race Driver: Grid (Xbox 360)

It's a fun game overall but it's so irritating sometimes. I can be doing well on a race and then I make a little mistake which ruins the whole thing and I have to restart. I haven't played it for a while so I've forgotten the racing lines of each track and I'm not used to the controls. I was getting the hang of it towards the end, but I was getting fed up with always messing up.
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4004 on: March 03, 2009, 03:41:52 PM »

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA I CAUGHT ALL THE POKEMON!
Doing the Rangernet missions now and those are going quickly.

I dunno if i am going to play the second Pokemon Ranger game now or take a break from the series and try something in between.

Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 397 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length