RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 18, 2024, 02:22:21 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The gaming diary 0 Members and 18 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 397 Print
Author Topic: The gaming diary  (Read 1005616 times)
Lucri
« Reply #3930 on: February 19, 2009, 12:13:29 AM »

^Is Castle Crashers worth the 1200 MS points? I liked what I played from the demo, but couldn't get enough of a feel for the whole game in order for it to convince me to buy in. Can you save progress on it or are you locked in to play it to the finish?

Its a short game and would take a night, maybe 2 tops to get to the end. But there's quite a bit of replay value if you're an into getting achievements or completing the game entirely. Its a lot of fun to have everyone play too and each character is unique with different powers. And no, you're not locked to play it entirely, after you've finished a map, you can just exit and it'll save automatically.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #3931 on: February 19, 2009, 09:01:25 AM »

^Cool. Thanks. Cool

Played a little Fallout 3, only about 15 minutes to clean something up quest-wise.

Also played SF4 for a couple of hours...WTF is up with the damn difficulty?!?!? I played arcade mode on "Easiest" and could only get to the 5th fight before the AI kept kicking my ass! 0-13 against Vega! This game is pissing me off.
How the hell do you defend when every special known to man is coming your way?

I was at my controller-throwing threshhold, so I decided to quit SF4 and put in Fallout 3. I should never have opened the damn shrinkwrap on SF4.

Tan
« Reply #3932 on: February 19, 2009, 10:32:40 AM »

Started Ninja Gaiden II yesterday, good game. Still playing Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection as well. Near 50 games including a handful of RPGs make this probably one of the best single purchases as far as money value I've ever made!
Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #3933 on: February 19, 2009, 10:43:07 AM »

It was Giacomo and yes the voice acting is horrid. Good for some lulz though.
I would love another Castlevania game along the lines of Lament of Innocence. I hated Curse of Darkness.

You did? The only thing I didn't like to much about it was that the controls and camera view seemed stiff and odd at times. I didn't mind the Innocent devils and some of the weapons you could make were pretty cool. It was always fun to take out a room full of fleamen with the Gatling gun. Grin
hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #3934 on: February 19, 2009, 10:55:03 AM »

^Is Castle Crashers worth the 1200 MS points? I liked what I played from the demo, but couldn't get enough of a feel for the whole game in order for it to convince me to buy in. Can you save progress on it or are you locked in to play it to the finish?

Its a short game and would take a night, maybe 2 tops to get to the end. But there's quite a bit of replay value if you're an into getting achievements or completing the game entirely. Its a lot of fun to have everyone play too and each character is unique with different powers. And no, you're not locked to play it entirely, after you've finished a map, you can just exit and it'll save automatically.

OH GOD Castle Crashers is like TMNT but even better

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #3935 on: February 19, 2009, 11:33:40 AM »

Started Ninja Gaiden II yesterday, good game. Still playing Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection as well. Near 50 games including a handful of RPGs make this probably one of the best single purchases as far as money value I've ever made!

I keep hearing good things about SUGC.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3936 on: February 19, 2009, 12:27:17 PM »

More Zombie BBQ
i can add sleeping beauty, santa and soon godzilla to my list of dead.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3937 on: February 19, 2009, 03:21:13 PM »

Beat it on normal.
Started on hard so i can unluck new difficulties and modes.
So far it seems easier.
I think there are more zombies but things arn't harder to kill and they dont seem to damage me faster.

Kimoosabi
« Reply #3938 on: February 20, 2009, 12:08:57 PM »

Played some Street Fighter IV the last couple nights, have every character unlocked except Seth, which requires me to beat Arcade mode with every other character first, I figure I am about halfway to that goal. Very slick fighter, quite enjoying it thus far.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #3939 on: February 20, 2009, 12:31:26 PM »

Played the GameCube games that arrived with the GC yesterday for a few minutes:

Super Mario Sunshine: A 3D platformer! I'm sure I'll love this game! (And I hate stupid next-gen consoles for (almost) making 3D platformers a thing of the past)
Mario Power Tennis: It seems alright. Something that I'd probably play with a friend but not alone.
FIFA 06: I don't like soccer, so this game doesn't interest me. It works and is complete, that's enough.
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3940 on: February 20, 2009, 12:45:28 PM »

Plan on playing some more Left4Dead this weekend.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #3941 on: February 20, 2009, 01:19:43 PM »

Played some Street Fighter IV the last couple nights, have every character unlocked except Seth, which requires me to beat Arcade mode with every other character first, I figure I am about halfway to that goal. Very slick fighter, quite enjoying it thus far.

What kind of controller are you using?

Kimoosabi
« Reply #3942 on: February 20, 2009, 04:27:02 PM »

Just a regular Xbox 360 pad. Tried using the D-Pad at first, that was terrible. Switched to the analog stick and it's much better, not perfect, an arcade stick would be much better, but it suits my needs.
hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #3943 on: February 20, 2009, 08:25:58 PM »

Anybody that's got SFIV for 360, challenge me. My gamertag is hXd666

Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #3944 on: February 21, 2009, 09:32:19 AM »

A bit burned out on gaming recently, only played a little BoF2 here and there.
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 397 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length