RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 18, 2024, 12:23:23 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The gaming diary 0 Members and 13 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 397 Print
Author Topic: The gaming diary  (Read 1005514 times)
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #3900 on: February 16, 2009, 07:45:51 AM »

I played the tutorial level of Dawn of War. It really looks like a neat game, just need to get used to it a bit more.
The new one?
Nope the "old" one (from 2004). Otherwise I would've called it Dawn of War II. Wink
Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #3901 on: February 16, 2009, 08:52:56 AM »

Started Disgaea - Afternoon of Darkness today. I needed a change of pace from Jeanne D'Arc. I only played maybe 15 minutes. I'm barely getting into the tutorials.

I loved Disgaea. I still have to beat the second one, I got stuck on the last boss a year or two ago and never picked it back up Tongue

I beat the third book in Odin Sphere yesterday, only 4 more to go I think. This game taking an awful long time to beat, maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3902 on: February 16, 2009, 03:13:28 PM »

Played some more Left4Dead over the weekend.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #3903 on: February 17, 2009, 09:00:17 AM »

More Fallout 3 last night. This game is AWESOME! Cool 

I'm pretty early into it, but does anyone know if the ability to "quick travel" from one location to another eventually opens up?

Barracuda
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3904 on: February 17, 2009, 09:51:51 AM »

I'm pretty early into it, but does anyone know if the ability to "quick travel" from one location to another eventually opens up?

An amazing game indeed! You are able to use quick travel fairly early in the game. I don't remember how it comes about though. It seems to me that you have to discover a few locations first.

Tan
« Reply #3905 on: February 17, 2009, 10:11:16 AM »

An amazing game indeed! You are able to use quick travel fairly early in the game. I don't remember how it comes about though. It seems to me that you have to discover a few locations first.

Yeah it works the same way Oblivion does. Once you've been to a location you can fast travel there afterwards. Early in the game it's handy to explore in several directions so you have waypoints. Then when a new location is added, you can fast travel as close to it as you can.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #3906 on: February 17, 2009, 10:24:11 AM »

^Sounds good. I'll look into it. I've already opened up about 5 or 6 locations on the large map. But have only been to Megaton and the SuperDuper Mart. I haven't decided if I'm going to Minefield (to finish the "scientist's" quest) or to GalaxyNews Radio (to advance the storyline) or to help that kid find his dad/grandfather(?) in the "Those" quest next.

hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #3907 on: February 17, 2009, 11:25:36 AM »

I got to the outside world in Fallout and then never touched it again. I gotta start playing it again sometime soon.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #3908 on: February 17, 2009, 01:27:07 PM »

I got to the outside world in Fallout and then never touched it again. I gotta start playing it again sometime soon.

That happens. It's a good stopping point after taking the time to set up your character's appearance and  doing the stuff in the Vault.

A guy I know at EB did the same thing. And I stopped when I first got to Megaton the first time I played it.

But after getting into the game and working with the NPCs in Megaton and taking on some of their quests, the game starts opening up in a BIG way! Cool

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3909 on: February 17, 2009, 11:57:25 PM »

Internet Channel on the Wii...
I should really get some real gaming in....

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3910 on: February 18, 2009, 02:13:29 AM »

That happens. It's a good stopping point after taking the time to set up your character's appearance and  doing the stuff in the Vault.

A guy I know at EB did the same thing. And I stopped when I first got to Megaton the first time I played it.

But after getting into the game and working with the NPCs in Megaton and taking on some of their quests, the game starts opening up in a BIG way! Cool

I went to Megaton, talked to that one guy, then immediately went to Tenpenny Tower and asploded it. After that I did the mission to save the tower from the Ghouls by killing the ghouls, then I killed everyone in Tenpenny. I usually kill everyone after I finish their quests, because I can.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Kimoosabi
« Reply #3911 on: February 18, 2009, 02:36:12 AM »

Played a bit of Forza 2, then Castle Crashers with Lucri, Alfador and Feechy. Fun game, especially with 4 players, though a little chaotic at times.
Tan
« Reply #3912 on: February 18, 2009, 07:10:16 AM »

I went to Megaton, talked to that one guy, then immediately went to Tenpenny Tower and asploded it. After that I did the mission to save the tower from the Ghouls by killing the ghouls, then I killed everyone in Tenpenny. I usually kill everyone after I finish their quests, because I can.

I did the opposite. I helped the Ghouls get into Tenpenny and watched them slaughter everyone. Complete glorious madness! Then I killed all the Ghouls and looted the place. evilhappy

I should also mention that as soon as I got to Megaton, I killed the Sheriff because I didn't like his tone of voice but really liked his hat and automatic rifle. nod
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #3913 on: February 18, 2009, 09:15:34 AM »

I did the opposite. I helped the Ghouls get into Tenpenny and watched them slaughter everyone. Complete glorious madness! Then I killed all the Ghouls and looted the place. evilhappy

I should also mention that as soon as I got to Megaton, I killed the Sheriff because I didn't like his tone of voice but really liked his hat and automatic rifle. nod

This is hilarious. We all did different things. I narked out Blake(Drake) to the Sherrif of Megaton (getting the sherrif killed) at Moriarty's bar. Unfortunately, that gave Moriarty more clout as Megaton's "kingpin" or whatever. But I snuck in and hacked Moriarty's computer to get the necessary story information instead of having to pay the bastard 100 caps.

I haven't yet decided if I'm going to blow up Megaton or not. I still have a lot of quests in Megaton to complete. The Survivor's Handbook quest is taking longer than I thought. And the Lucy West message delivery quest took a couple of unexpected turns as well & is dragging out until I find her brother; but my curiousity is up on that one to see how it turns out. 

The other thing is that I'm getting the best trade-in values by selling my stuff (66% vs 50% or less everywhere else) to Gob the ghoul in Moriarty's bar, so I'm a little reluctant to blow up Megaton...for now.  

« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 09:20:10 AM by phoenix1967 » Logged

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3914 on: February 18, 2009, 10:32:49 AM »

HA! Cheesy

He did have a pretty awesome hat.
This is hilarious. We all did different things.
That's what makes Fallout 3 so great. Every one of us has played it, but we all have different experiences.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 397 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length