RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 17, 2024, 10:23:10 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The gaming diary 0 Members and 13 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 397 Print
Author Topic: The gaming diary  (Read 1005416 times)
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3855 on: February 09, 2009, 12:41:34 AM »

Started Jeanne D'Arc over last night. Ugh. I'm almost back to where I was originally.

Great game. I started it like last year around this time and now I'm at chapter 16 or so! Is so good I have no idea why I play so inconsistently. I think it's because I actually don't play many games anymore at all. And the ones I start hardly hold my interest (Phoenix Wright being the huge exception).
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #3856 on: February 09, 2009, 11:59:51 AM »

Started Jeanne D'Arc over last night. Ugh. I'm almost back to where I was originally.

Great game. I started it like last year around this time and now I'm at chapter 16 or so! Is so good I have no idea why I play so inconsistently. I think it's because I actually don't play many games anymore at all. And the ones I start hardly hold my interest (Phoenix Wright being the huge exception).

I'm on stage 23 right now. I really, really like this game.
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3857 on: February 09, 2009, 12:35:16 PM »

Played Left4Dead friday morning for the first time.  Played a few hours of it and I loved every minute.  Any good tips for dealing with witche's ?

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #3858 on: February 09, 2009, 12:57:15 PM »

Played Left4Dead friday morning for the first time.  Played a few hours of it and I loved every minute.  Any good tips for dealing with witche's ?

Avoid them! And if you disturb one...RUN!

If you want to take one on to try to get the Cr0wned achievement, my understanding is that you'll need to shoot them with a shotgun, right about the base of the neck/head area. I haven't been able to pull this one off yet, though. I'm pretty sure there's a video or 2 on YouTube.

GL. Cool

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3859 on: February 09, 2009, 01:31:02 PM »

Yeah, just listen for them and keep an eye out. If possible, find a way around her. If you must go near her, be sure to turn off your flashlight and crouch while moving past. If zombies ambush you near the witch, don't shoot them because gunfire will disturb her, instead use your melee.

Oh, and if you're playing online with a team, don't be the douchebag that shoots her in hopes of getting an achievement. Leave your achievement whoring in single player mode where it won't adversely affect the team. Cheesy

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3860 on: February 09, 2009, 02:20:00 PM »

Thanks for the tips.  I've managed to kill a few of them, but with great injury to myself.  I think I'll go for the burn a witch achievement in the next couple days.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #3861 on: February 09, 2009, 02:54:17 PM »

Yeah, just listen for them and keep an eye out. If possible, find a way around her. If you must go near her, be sure to turn off your flashlight and crouch while moving past. If zombies ambush you near the witch, don't shoot them because gunfire will disturb her, instead use your melee.

Oh, and if you're playing online with a team, don't be the douchebag that shoots her in hopes of getting an achievement. Leave your achievement whoring in single player mode where it won't adversely affect the team. Cheesy

Agreed. Cool

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3862 on: February 09, 2009, 03:24:38 PM »

Yeah man. I can only imagine that the achievement whores ruining matches are worse on 360 than on PC, because the Steam achievements on PC are just for that game only and don't count toward some arbitrary score like on 360. Plus 360 achievement whores are worse in general. I don't actively pursue the achievements on the PC version, but I still have a very good amount of them (http://steamcommunity.com/id/Tondog/stats/L4D).  Tongue

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3863 on: February 09, 2009, 03:35:26 PM »

Thanks for the tips.  I've managed to kill a few of them, but with great injury to myself.  I think I'll go for the burn a witch achievement in the next couple days.

If your whole team ffs the Witch she doesn't stand a chance. We would usually set up a sort of gauntlet, where one guy aggros the witch from a distance, while other teammates line up and shoot her to pieces. Usually results in the Witch dying at the aggroing parties feet.

When shall his new form be revealed?
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #3864 on: February 10, 2009, 09:18:24 AM »

^I saw the IGN hints & tips thing on this on XBL last night. It looks like they'd shoot her (with the shotty) just underneath her hairline & between the shoulder blades; which is a little lower than I had originally thought. Just FYI.

Also played more Fallout 3 last night. I started going around Megaton and doing stuff. Oh man...this could get addictive. I ended my session when I reached the SuperDuper Mart just outside of town (on a mission for Moira, I already did the radiation sickness one). Cool
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 09:21:32 AM by phoenix1967 » Logged

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3865 on: February 10, 2009, 11:58:48 AM »

Been trying to finish up several games achievement-wise as of late.

Going to finish Starwars Force unleashed, working on Naruto Rise of a Ninja, college hoops 07 and WWE raw/smackdown.

I'm about to bust 50k achievement points. Normally I'd be pretty happy about this, but my roommate (Tynstar) broke 100k, so 50k seems like small potatoes. Undecided

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #3866 on: February 10, 2009, 01:27:32 PM »

^I'm just looking forward to 6K... Shocked

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3867 on: February 10, 2009, 01:47:40 PM »

I downloaded the Golden Eye Source Beta3 but realised it was online multiplayer only, which is no good. I don't like playing online, especially against strangers. Sad

Now I'm installing FSX but I can't remember where I put my joystick. Sad

The other night I played some Net Yaroze games from the OPSM#42 Demo Disc. They are quite basic but fun. My favourite was Rocks and Gems.

Moriya Hanzo
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #3868 on: February 10, 2009, 06:39:28 PM »

i am working on 3K.....don't play the 360 much.

Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #3869 on: February 10, 2009, 07:41:09 PM »

Since beating DQ4 yesterday I've worked a bit on Final Fantasy IX and started Luminous Arc 2.
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 397 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length