RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 17, 2024, 02:19:14 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The gaming diary 0 Members and 20 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 397 Print
Author Topic: The gaming diary  (Read 1005101 times)
OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3750 on: January 18, 2009, 10:03:44 PM »

Halo 3.  I'm glad my 360 is working again. Smiley

it's thinking
Mr. Ksoft
Sega 32X

WWW Stats
« Reply #3751 on: January 18, 2009, 10:55:03 PM »

Played a lot of stuff:

-Tetris Evolution for 360.  My brother bought it today and I decided to try it.  Well... it's Tetris.  Easy achievement points though, because I have mad Tetris skills from playing it for more than a decade regularly.

-Half-Life 2 via Orange Box on 360.  I love this game.  It's become my favorite FPS.  I've nearly beat it now...

-Dead Rising on 360.  Well, I started it, only to find that I can't read the text so I'm stuck.  I'll have to come back to it when I have an HDTV.

-Power Drift (arcade via MAME).  I love the fake 3D effects this game uses.  The racing's pretty good too.  Dunno if it's just the emulator, but I find the steering to be all over the place, so I have to try a lot of times to win anything.

-Metroid Prime 2.  I'm trying to beat all the Metroid games... only this one and Prime 3 left.  I like this one, but it feels a little annoying compared to the first thanks to stuff like safe zones.

-Parasol Stars on TG16.  Played co-op with my brother.  That was fun until he figured out that he could pick me up and throw me across the level in order to get massive points.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 10:58:15 PM by Mr. Ksoft » Logged

Interesting stuff:
Monochrome Nightmares (self-made games)
Exploding Jellyfish (self-made music)
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #3752 on: January 18, 2009, 11:07:00 PM »

More Sonic 2 and MGS3. Bah! I died at the Death Egg. Sad

Tell me about your variants...
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #3753 on: January 19, 2009, 01:49:52 AM »

^ Will do. I have three more to go. The two technology victories and the win by 1000 AD. They promise to be most challenging.

1000AD has to fall just right as far as the placement of the rival Civs. I happened to get mine while playing on Emporer difficulty with the American Civ because I used the great person I got at the beginning of the game to get 50 gold and rush forth a military unit or 2 to build an army to roll over a couple of nearby Civs, it also helped that the barbarian tribes and peaceful tribes gave me additional horsemen to add to it. It's definitely the toughest achievement to get.

GL with it as well as the Tech wins. Cool

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3754 on: January 20, 2009, 04:02:21 PM »

Some more Mirror's Edge. I got to a place in a mall where I have no idea where to go for some reason...I don't think I had stopped moving for a second up until that point.

Also, WoW patch today!

When shall his new form be revealed?
hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #3755 on: January 20, 2009, 06:13:54 PM »

Some more Mirror's Edge. I got to a place in a mall where I have no idea where to go for some reason...I don't think I had stopped moving for a second up until that point.

You gotta go all the way to the top floor and climb up into the ceiling, turn left and do a wallrun onto that structure in the center, and run to the other side, which will get you out of the mall. I had a lot of trouble with that one too.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3756 on: January 20, 2009, 09:14:08 PM »

You gotta go all the way to the top floor and climb up into the ceiling, turn left and do a wallrun onto that structure in the center, and run to the other side, which will get you out of the mall. I had a lot of trouble with that one too.

Ahh, thanks man.

When shall his new form be revealed?
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #3757 on: January 21, 2009, 08:46:53 AM »

More Civ Rev.

I finally got a win with the Mongols on Deity difficulty level last night! I used spies to steal about 10 or more great people from Spain, France, Egypt, and Germany en route to getting a CULTURAL win and builing the United Nations in 2030AD. Cool

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3758 on: January 21, 2009, 03:07:43 PM »

Still playing Capcom vs. SNK cardfighters ds.
I have a lot to redo now. Shut off my DS on accident and have 5+ hours game time to make up

BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #3759 on: January 21, 2009, 03:42:54 PM »

I have a lot to redo now. Shut off my DS on accident and have 5+ hours game time to make up

Ugggggghhhhhhhhh. That's usually enough to make me stop playing a game.
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3760 on: January 21, 2009, 05:15:59 PM »

Ugggggghhhhhhhhh. That's usually enough to make me stop playing a game.

I here ya. Unless it's a great game I usually stop playing.
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3761 on: January 21, 2009, 05:22:15 PM »

I decided today to try using one of my Game Boys. I have my sister's original grey one and a black one from a car boot sale. Unfortunately, the grey one was played so much over the years that the screen has conked out so only the middle half of the pixels work. The black one works fine, though. However, the only two cartridges I can find are a 20-in-1 bootleg that won't work, and F1 Race.

I started playing F1 Race and decided it was one of those rubbish 2D racing games where all you do is press the accelerator button constantly as you turn around an oval track. But I stuck with it and soon found there is a knack to going round the increasingly complicated tracks without hitting a sign. It has a "jet" feature for when you're on a straight section, which is what gets you ahead of the other cars. That changes the speed of Car A from 280km/h to 360km/h. But using jet through the corners makes the car go off the track and crash into a sign. Rather strangely, the Mario crew appear in it when you win a race, along with some pixelated bikini ladies.
hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #3762 on: January 21, 2009, 06:53:30 PM »

Braaaaaaaaid

Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #3763 on: January 21, 2009, 08:02:23 PM »

I thought I was going to beat Final Fantasy III today, but the final boss killed me. The last save point was 6 bosses ago. So now I'm leveling everyone up to 65, but its taking forever. Spent a little time on Odin's Sphere too.
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3764 on: January 21, 2009, 08:06:18 PM »

I thought I was going to beat Final Fantasy III today, but the final boss killed me. The last save point was 6 bosses ago. So now I'm leveling everyone up to 65, but its taking forever. Spent a little time on Odin's Sphere too.

And I especially hate losing a save to redo a boss, not to mention 6 of them Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 397 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length