RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 18, 2024, 05:30:18 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The gaming diary 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 397 Print
Author Topic: The gaming diary  (Read 995533 times)
Tan
« Reply #3735 on: January 16, 2009, 11:40:52 PM »

I've been putting a lot of time into the VIC-20 lately. Mostly Pinball, Trashman and Raid on Fort Knox. Fun games all.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3736 on: January 17, 2009, 12:08:43 AM »

Started playing SNK vs. Capcom Card game for the DS.
I'm use to playing Magic/Pokemon/Marvel so the game in and of itself isn;t difficult but the different play style throws me every now and then.

I've only got about 30 mins of time into it so far.

Also got another unlockable in Brain age 2 only 1 or 2 more to go for that.

modest9797
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #3737 on: January 17, 2009, 12:12:30 AM »

Played some more CivRev.  Won thrrough Technology to complete at least 1 win with all types on diety.  I think something was a little messed up because I got a tank in the year 1000.  I went into the Industrial age at around 1600 and modern at like 1900 I think.
hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #3738 on: January 17, 2009, 12:52:44 AM »

I've been spending a lot of time on Assassin's Creed tryin to get all the achievements.

P.S. 777!

Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #3739 on: January 17, 2009, 08:53:34 AM »

It took me a while to get the hang of it, but Im enjoying MGS so far. I just beat the tank boss.

Star Ocean: First Departure has been pretty fun too. I hope they port the 4th one to the PS3 someday, I dont see myself getting an Xbox 360 anytime soon.
Barracuda
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3740 on: January 17, 2009, 10:00:24 AM »

Only 5 more achievements to go in CivRev.

NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #3741 on: January 17, 2009, 10:10:20 AM »

I started Halo 2 last night. It's my first experience with the Halo series, and I must say, I can't stand it. The whole time I played it, it felt like a chore and just wasn't fun at all. Someone please explain to me why this series is so popular?

ga5ket
DB Editor
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #3742 on: January 17, 2009, 12:28:20 PM »

I started Halo 2 last night. It's my first experience with the Halo series, and I must say, I can't stand it. The whole time I played it, it felt like a chore and just wasn't fun at all. Someone please explain to me why this series is so popular?
I have absolutely no idea. Tried both 1 & 2 and couldn't get on with either. I'd rather eat my own toenails

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #3743 on: January 17, 2009, 12:28:37 PM »

Played some more CivRev.  Won thrrough Technology to complete at least 1 win with all types on diety.  I think something was a little messed up because I got a tank in the year 1000.  I went into the Industrial age at around 1600 and modern at like 1900 I think.

Congratulations! Which Civ did you use to get the Tech win?

If you get the Knight's Templar artifact, they give you an advanced military unit.

When you have a chance, you may want to DL the new Wonder/Artifact packs for 300 points each. Yesterday, I was playing and came across the artifact "Pharaoh's Needle", which gave me Metallurgy in 50AD. Needless to say, I was building as many Cannon units as I could. I'm still in that game right now (as the Mongols again...finished 2nd in the game I was in previously; damn Roman 1/2 price wonders!) in 1500AD.

I'm hoping this is the Mongol win on Deity that I've been looking forward to...we'll see, though. I'm going to need to switch out of Monarchy soon and into Democracy in order to keep my Tech advantage.

Only 5 more achievements to go in CivRev.

Keep at it. Let me know if you'd like a tip or 2. Cool

With as much as I enjoy playing the Halo series, I've honestly never played through the full campaign of any of the games. The popularity stems from multiplayer. Halo 1 brought 4player split screen and system link to enable people to have parties with 8 friends killing each other all night. Halo 2 matched that, and took it a step further with playing on Xbox Live, larger battles, more weapons & vehicles, dual wielding, etc. Halo 3 matched that, and took it a step further still with retaining all of the above (and adding more to it), plus the ability to redesign the map objects and weapons & create new game modes with the Forge editor, share said files online through Bungie.net, allowed players to review each of the games they play through the movie replay feature (and take snapshots if they so desired), play up to 4 players co-op online, etc.

Even now, almost a year and a half after Halo 3 was released, no game combines all the features Halo 3 has (both what it introduced itself, as well as retaining all the features set forth in Halo 1 and 2).

Considering the fact that you're only playing the campaign version of a 4 year old game, I'm not surprised that you're a little disappointed. There's a lot more to enjoy in the game/series.

Just my $.02.

Barracuda
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3744 on: January 17, 2009, 06:46:54 PM »

^ Will do. I have three more to go. The two technology victories and the win by 1000 AD. They promise to be most challenging.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3745 on: January 17, 2009, 07:47:27 PM »

Had to start the Snkvs. Capcom card thingy over.
Apparently i was buzzed enough to assume the game auto saved(it damn well should have!)

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3746 on: January 17, 2009, 08:02:40 PM »

I played some Tetris DS on endless marathon mode in the hospital tonight. I got to 1,114,000 before losing. I think my high score is about 2,600,000.
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #3747 on: January 17, 2009, 08:59:47 PM »

Started Okami tonight. Very interesting game, but kind of slow and boring for my tastes.

logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #3748 on: January 17, 2009, 09:08:43 PM »

Played Sonic 2 a lot on my new TV. Got to the Wing Fortress, which is officially the farthest I have ever gotten. I'll got back to that level with level select and finish off the game, for the first time ever. ^.^

Tell me about your variants...
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3749 on: January 18, 2009, 04:37:44 PM »

Played some Mirror's Edge. WOW! I love this game, it's a great port, gorgeous, fun, all I am dreading is its end, which I hear comes far too soon.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 397 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length