RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 18, 2024, 03:20:17 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The gaming diary 0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 397 Print
Author Topic: The gaming diary  (Read 995467 times)
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3120 on: September 03, 2008, 11:47:37 PM »

Dragon Quest 8- 10 hours in.
Jak and Daxter (already beaten this)- Started again, at the third level type thing. The island.
Those are both awesome games Smiley

I played some more Dark Chronicle (=Dark Cloud 2) and the game is getting more interesting. I can now build up Sindain and am almost at the final stretch of dungeon floors of the Rainbow Forest.

Ha ha, man we play the same games. I popped that game in again today before seeing your post and played for about an hour or two. I have about 30 hours logged. There's so much to do it's amazing. If you read my review for the game though, I do have a few complaints but honestly I think it is one of the most enjoyable games I've ever played as long as I don't spend too much time in the dungeons at once. It's like I said in my review, it could be considered a perfect game if you don't mind the dungeon crawling aspects.

*I updated my review. This is the absolute hardest game to review. Theres just so much more to it than any other game I've ever played. If you take your time it really is one of the best games ever. If you you try and beat all the chapters just to finish the game you won't enjoy it nearly as much because the dungeon crawling will become tedious. I've never played any other game like it.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 12:08:24 AM by Shimra » Logged
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #3121 on: September 04, 2008, 04:21:07 AM »

I think it is one of the most enjoyable games I've ever played as long as I don't spend too much time in the dungeons at once. It's like I said in my review, it could be considered a perfect game if you don't mind the dungeon crawling aspects.
That's right, the game quickly gets boring if you have to clear out floor after floor after floor in a dungeon. Oh, I'm at this "mysterious" swamp right now and I need to take a certain item out of my inventory and can't figure out what. Do you know?

I already read your review (but not yet the updated version), I think I'll eventually review the game myself, too Smiley

How do you feel about the original Dark Cloud?
Tan
« Reply #3122 on: September 04, 2008, 04:18:48 PM »

I just finished playing the demo for Pure on XBL. Day one purchase for me! Despite my preference for racing games, motocross and the like rarely appeal to me.

It's like a combination of Tony Hawk, Excitetruck, DiRT and 4x4 Evo. I just read about this game on Major Nelson and thought I'd try the demo as I had never heard of it before. To be honest I wasn't expecting a whole lot out of it but man did it ever impress me.

Everything is spot on, good eye/ear candy, good controls fun as all get out. It has that free-fall air feeling I like from some snowboarding games and the trick system is easily managed. This is a game I think I'll see myself actually using XBL for. I hope the game is as good as the demo!

http://disney.go.com/disn...vestudios/pure/index.html
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #3123 on: September 04, 2008, 04:54:20 PM »

More SMCR.

Also tried a couple games I picked up with this week's 25% off EB/Gamestop coupon. Table Tennis ($6.88 used after tax) and Culdcept Saga ($20.66 used after tax).

two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #3124 on: September 04, 2008, 11:43:58 PM »

duke nukem 64.

Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3125 on: September 05, 2008, 02:17:59 PM »

I think it is one of the most enjoyable games I've ever played as long as I don't spend too much time in the dungeons at once. It's like I said in my review, it could be considered a perfect game if you don't mind the dungeon crawling aspects.
That's right, the game quickly gets boring if you have to clear out floor after floor after floor in a dungeon. Oh, I'm at this "mysterious" swamp right now and I need to take a certain item out of my inventory and can't figure out what. Do you know?

I already read your review (but not yet the updated version), I think I'll eventually review the game myself, too Smiley

How do you feel about the original Dark Cloud?

The fairy saw. Each dungeon floor has a gate key to get to the next dungeon floor. The gate key is usually blinking in your inventory. And the swamp dungeon is about 1/4 the size of the dungeon I'm on now. It's going to take a while but I'll get through it.

And my 'updated' review isn't really an update, it's an extra paragraph about lasting impression. I'm going to go back and officially update it later because I'm always finding new stuff such as monster transformations which have the monsters evolving and stuff and fish breeding.  Crazy little game that keeps surprising me. When I think there can't be more something new appears.

And I have not played the original Dark Cloud. I skipped over it because I heard 2 was far superior and you don't need to play the original (kinda like ZotE2).
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #3126 on: September 05, 2008, 05:45:07 PM »

The fairy saw. Each dungeon floor has a gate key to get to the next dungeon floor. The gate key is usually blinking in your inventory. And the swamp dungeon is about 1/4 the size of the dungeon I'm on now. It's going to take a while but I'll get through it.
Ah, you got me wrong. But it's ok, I think I got it. Elder Jurak gave me this seed for the butterfly to appear; that's what I was talking about. Wink

I just didn't have it at the time I posted that...the final floor of the long stretch has this tiny swamp (a boss floor) where you're supposed to take an item out of your inventory but I didn't know what it was. Smiley

And I have not played the original Dark Cloud. I skipped over it because I heard 2 was far superior and you don't need to play the original (kinda like ZotE2).
Zone of the Enders...another great series I somehow managed to not get yet. I did play a demo for both games though, it was great. I should look for it on eBay maybe.
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3127 on: September 06, 2008, 10:16:01 AM »

Recently been playing Zack & Wiki with my wife and we both love it. Its one of the only games besides Mario Party/Mario Kart that I can get my wife to play and actually enjoy with me. Good times.

Also popped in No More Heroes for the first time and had a blast. Its hilarious and ridiculous. I love it!!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #3128 on: September 06, 2008, 06:52:15 PM »

Played a boatload of Call of Duty 4 on the PS3 last night and today. I sucked, but it was fun as hell. One of the reasons I want a PS3.  Wink

Tell me about your variants...
Feechy
Neo Geo AES
United States

Stats
« Reply #3129 on: September 06, 2008, 06:56:51 PM »

PS3, so you ain't talking 'bout that Wii Wink . Played Super Smash Bros. for the first time in years.

<Alfador> stop trying to rain on my parade
<Kimoosabi> Your parade is stupid!
<Alfador> my parade is TIGHT
-
Crabmaster2000: dont talk to him or he'll try to sell you modded playstations
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #3130 on: September 06, 2008, 07:43:04 PM »

PS3, so you ain't talking 'bout that Wii Wink . Played Super Smash Bros. for the first time in years.

Huh?

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #3131 on: September 07, 2008, 05:07:38 AM »

Huh?
It's a riddle nod
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #3132 on: September 07, 2008, 10:55:23 AM »

Huh?
It's a riddle nod

No, I don't think so. I think he means that I am not talking about my WII console, which I don't normally do (or ever, for that matter). Roll Eyes

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #3133 on: September 07, 2008, 02:59:32 PM »

No, I don't think so. I think he means that I am not talking about my WII console, which I don't normally do (or ever, for that matter). Roll Eyes
Ooohh. Well, not talking about the Wii is pretty normal, isn't it Wink

On topic:

Played a couple more hours on Dark Chronicle. I did some more recruiting for the train, got Sindain to 70% and finished up the 2nd chapter. Now I'm really starting to understand the game better; I didn't realise there were going to be more areas that need rebuilding. I started at the Sea dungeon, just did the first floor, enemies aren't as strong as I suspected.
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3134 on: September 07, 2008, 04:52:34 PM »

Played a couple more hours on Dark Chronicle. I did some more recruiting for the train, got Sindain to 70% and finished up the 2nd chapter. Now I'm really starting to understand the game better; I didn't realise there were going to be more areas that need rebuilding. I started at the Sea dungeon, just did the first floor, enemies aren't as strong as I suspected.

That's weird. Did you skip Balance Valley somehow? That should be chapter 3 not the sea dungeon.

And I started up Super Mario Galaxy. It has left me in awe and with a smile on my face more times than I can count.
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 397 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length