RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 17, 2024, 01:16:47 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The gaming diary 0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 397 Print
Author Topic: The gaming diary  (Read 1005053 times)
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #3090 on: August 28, 2008, 02:07:06 PM »

Demos for Soul Calibur 4 and Star Wars: TFU.

SC4 is what you'd expect, a top of the line fighter with a lot of depth. The demo was very short, but you won't be disappointed in knowing that you'll get what you pay for in SC4, and then some.

SW:TFU takes some getting used to as far as the controls. Graphics are excellent. I'm going to have to play through this demo again before I give an overall opinion, though. My first impression is that it's kind of "button masher" "hack and slash"...but with a story.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #3091 on: August 28, 2008, 06:45:54 PM »

Over the 4 day weekend, I'm gonna fire up GT4 again (like sirgin  Wink) and get at least to 22.5%. I'm at about 16%
I played until 50%, then stopped/gave up. The game is nice but there's so many events it's crazy Tongue (Oh and the 24hours race...who has the time for that?!?)

Go for 25% instead of 22.5%...you get a rather nice car as a reward Smiley (An Audi)
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #3092 on: August 28, 2008, 06:51:30 PM »

Over the 4 day weekend, I'm gonna fire up GT4 again (like sirgin  Wink) and get at least to 22.5%. I'm at about 16%
I played until 50%, then stopped/gave up. The game is nice but there's so many events it's crazy Tongue (Oh and the 24hours race...who has the time for that?!?)

Go for 25% instead of 22.5%...you get a rather nice car as a reward Smiley (An Audi)

Deutsch Engineering at its best...  drool

Tell me about your variants...
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #3093 on: August 28, 2008, 06:56:21 PM »

Deutsch Engineering at its best...  drool
Yeah, Audi's are great cars. The smaller ones are affordable, even. Cheesy

Like the RS8?

[img width=480 height=339]http://cache.jalopnik.com/cars/assets/resources/2007/11/Audi-R8.jpg[/img]
UNFORGIVINGPAIN
Donor
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3094 on: August 28, 2008, 07:45:23 PM »

I bought and have been playing Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. This is the first time I have every played this game :embarassed: and so far this game is one of my top five favorite PSX games.

It's pretty much the best game ever.
It really is a great game. I had a chance to play some more today.

I also played some of Dracula X: Rondo of Blood(a Japanese PC Engine Super CD video game in the Castlevania series, released in October of 1993) on my PC.

If anyones interested in this search the web for...
Demon Castle Dracula X - Rondo of Blood v1.11 Win32
hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #3095 on: August 28, 2008, 09:42:27 PM »

The World Ends With You is really interesting. The story is gripping and the battle system is surprisingly deep.

BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #3096 on: August 28, 2008, 09:59:24 PM »

The World Ends With You is really interesting. The story is gripping and the battle system is surprisingly deep.

This is on my very, very short wantlist at the moment. Has it come down in price at all?
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3097 on: August 28, 2008, 11:35:21 PM »

I bought and have been playing Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. This is the first time I have every played this game :embarassed: and so far this game is one of my top five favorite PSX games.

It's pretty much the best game ever.

Dawn of Sorrow and Portrai of Ruin are both better. Dawn of Sorrow being vastly better than all of the others. I've played all the 2d Castlevanias besides the original Gameboy ones and Dawn of Sorrow is easily the best.

As for what I'm playing...
Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions- Fairly awesome now that I know what I'm doing. I'm kinda obsessed about getting certain classes though.
Perfect Dark- Started playing this yesterday for the first time in a long time. Pretty damn top notch, still impresses me to this day. Restarting the single player on secret agent mode or whatever medium is. Played multiplayer with my little brother today. It was great, but a lot of the multiplayer maps are super easy to get lost in.

And I sold Timesplitters 3 a long time ago because I didn't like how easy and straightforward the story mode is. I'm going to rebuy it because Sirgin indirectly reminded me how awesome the multiplayer maps are. I still like TS 2 better though, and TS1 probably has the best multiplayer maps but the load times are pretty unbearable so I never play it.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 11:40:04 PM by Shimra » Logged
hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #3098 on: August 29, 2008, 01:58:34 AM »

This is on my very, very short wantlist at the moment. Has it come down in price at all?

I don't think so. Your best bet is getting a used copy at Gamestop with an Edge card. Thats what I did for FFIV.

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3099 on: August 29, 2008, 02:34:18 AM »

Burnout Paradise and Uncharted Drake's Fortune

SW:TFU takes some getting used to as far as the controls. Graphics are excellent. I'm going to have to play through this demo again before I give an overall opinion, though. My first impression is that it's kind of "button masher" "hack and slash"...but with a story.
AND AMAZING PHYSICS!!!!

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #3100 on: August 29, 2008, 07:14:34 AM »

Yeah I loved that game, I beat it in a week of getting it because I just couldn't put it down.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #3101 on: August 29, 2008, 07:24:56 AM »

AND AMAZING PHYSICS!!!!

Played the demo again last night and got to the end of it. And I have a much more favorable opinion of it now that I had a chance to get into it more and played while I was more alert (instead of really tired like before...Tongue). It's shaping up to be a very good game, and I'm planning on getting it eventually, I'm just not sure that it's a day 1 must-buy. Undecided

Also played more SMCR. Playing as the Chinese is ridiculously easy to get a win of some kind. 

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3102 on: August 29, 2008, 07:52:30 AM »

Spent an hour playing Bad Dudes.

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3103 on: August 29, 2008, 10:22:20 AM »

It's shaping up to be a very good game, and I'm planning on getting it eventually, I'm just not sure that it's a day 1 must-buy. Undecided
That's the same way I feel. This fall is just too crowded with stuff and I don't think TFU is that high of a priority. I'll wait til it hits $30 or $20.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #3104 on: August 29, 2008, 10:43:01 AM »

It's shaping up to be a very good game, and I'm planning on getting it eventually, I'm just not sure that it's a day 1 must-buy. Undecided
That's the same way I feel. This fall is just too crowded with stuff and I don't think TFU is that high of a priority. I'll wait til it hits $30 or $20.

I agree. Wait...I'm agreeing with Tondog again? WTF!  Tinfoil

Anyone hear if there's going to be a demo for Mercenaries 2?

Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 397 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length