RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 18, 2024, 03:28:09 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The gaming diary 0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 397 Print
Author Topic: The gaming diary  (Read 995735 times)
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #2970 on: August 05, 2008, 07:25:29 AM »

Got the Econ win on Emporer difficulty with Rome. Didn't get the not changing government achievement, though, because I needed the Democracy bonuses.

I could've gotten the Cultural win 30 turns or so earlier, but I hadn't won with Economic on Emporer so I figured I'd give it a shot and it worked out fine. 

« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 07:27:06 AM by phoenix1967 » Logged

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #2971 on: August 05, 2008, 09:17:33 AM »

Played some more Gran Turismo 4 today and am becoming a bit tired of it. Bought a Honda Civic and did the event, was quite easy. Also had a Mazda RX-8 Concept from an event (can't remember which) so used it for the RX-8 event after tuning it a bit.
Lastly, I did the "Old muscle car" event for American cars up to 1980. Used the Chevrolet Chevelle 454 I won in the prior event; it was tough...I don't like how those muscle cars handle. What's the point of having 400+BHP if you have to slow down to 50km/h if you wan't to keep your car steady? Got the Plymouth Superbird from the event, which is pretty sweet looking, so I guess it's worth it Wink
Currently I'm only at 35% completion though. I think I'll push it to 50% and then start playing something else. I'm not interested in getting 100% on a GT game, those Dirt & Snow event suck, same for the endurance events.

Once I hit 50% I think I'll start playing Dark Chronicle (=Dark Cloud 2 in the US)
ga5ket
DB Editor
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #2972 on: August 05, 2008, 03:25:29 PM »

those Dirt & Snow event suck
Actually I've always found that the dirt & snow events can be won easily if you get a rally car with insane horsepower, and then just slide it around the walls of the track. The important thing is not to let the front of the car hit the walls first as you get time penalties. Once you've got that mastered the race is plain sailing

logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #2973 on: August 05, 2008, 03:28:01 PM »

Actually I've always found that the dirt & snow events can be won easily if you get a rally car with insane horsepower, and then just slide it around the walls of the track. The important thing is not to let the front of the car hit the walls first as you get time penalties. Once you've got that mastered the race is plain sailing

A massive wink to you! Wink

That's how I beat almost all of thosew events. Smiley

Tell me about your variants...
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2974 on: August 06, 2008, 01:20:38 AM »

Playing Condemned 2 late at night, all alone, with the sound pretty loud is a fucking terrifying experience.

But holy shit, Condemned 2 is a fantastic game.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Feechy
Neo Geo AES
United States

Stats
« Reply #2975 on: August 06, 2008, 01:30:29 AM »

Played some Doom on the Jaguar and Blue Stinger on the DC. How is Condemned 2 Ton?

<Alfador> stop trying to rain on my parade
<Kimoosabi> Your parade is stupid!
<Alfador> my parade is TIGHT
-
Crabmaster2000: dont talk to him or he'll try to sell you modded playstations
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #2976 on: August 06, 2008, 04:55:31 AM »

Thanks for the tip Wink But that doesn't take away the fact that those races are very lame. Especially when you compare them with Colin Mcrae. But anyway, what specific car would you recommend?
ga5ket
DB Editor
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #2977 on: August 06, 2008, 06:03:12 AM »

If
Thanks for the tip Wink But that doesn't take away the fact that those races are very lame. Especially when you compare them with Colin Mcrae. But anyway, what specific car would you recommend?

If you can afford it go for the Suzuki Escudo. It takes a little practice, but the acceleration is phenomenal. Failing that you should be ok with a proper rally car, either the Subaru or the Mitsubishi

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #2978 on: August 06, 2008, 07:14:32 AM »

More SMCR. Got a Domination win on Emporer difficulty with America...950AD! Cheesy

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #2979 on: August 06, 2008, 07:36:53 AM »

If you can afford it go for the Suzuki Escudo. It takes a little practice, but the acceleration is phenomenal. Failing that you should be ok with a proper rally car, either the Subaru or the Mitsubishi
Thanks, I think I have the Subaru Rally Car Prototype '01, I'll give that one a go. Also have the Toyota RSC Rally Car but I'm not sure if that's any good.
Mr. Ksoft
Sega 32X

WWW Stats
« Reply #2980 on: August 06, 2008, 07:37:37 AM »

I'm playing Metroid Prime for about an hour each night... I got a ways into the game (but never beat it) before but then was unable to play it for a few months and when I tried to resume I got lost, so I've had to start over.  I'm about 11% in now, I believe.

Interesting stuff:
Monochrome Nightmares (self-made games)
Exploding Jellyfish (self-made music)
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #2981 on: August 06, 2008, 08:44:13 AM »

Playing Condemned 2 late at night, all alone, with the sound pretty loud is a fucking terrifying experience.

But holy shit, Condemned 2 is a fantastic game.

And now you can get it cheap...I saw it for $19.99 at EB/Gamestop the other day.

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2982 on: August 06, 2008, 09:30:31 AM »

Got the Plymouth Superbird from the event, which is pretty sweet looking, so I guess it's worth it Wink

Woo go Plymouth!

Some of my favorite cars are from Dodge/Plymouth/Chrysler from the early 70s and late 60s like the Challenger and the Duster. Tongue
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 09:37:53 AM by blcklblskt » Logged
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #2983 on: August 06, 2008, 11:23:15 AM »

Got the Plymouth Superbird from the event, which is pretty sweet looking, so I guess it's worth it Wink

Woo go Plymouth!

Some of my favorite cars are from Dodge/Plymouth/Chrysler from the early 70s and late 60s like the Challenger and the Duster. Tongue
Yeah those old cars are something special. Cars from the 80s are my least favorite. They're often so cubish with straight lines, yuck.

The Superbird reminds me of Cars (the movie), where it's "The King" Tongue
hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #2984 on: August 06, 2008, 04:11:44 PM »

A lot of Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 lately.

Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 397 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length