RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 18, 2024, 05:37:41 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The gaming diary 0 Members and 15 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 397 Print
Author Topic: The gaming diary  (Read 995807 times)
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #2940 on: July 29, 2008, 12:22:47 PM »

Played a bit of Mortal Kombat 2 this weekend with some friends. That's about all the gaming I've done in the last few weeks.

I have been thinking a lot about scaling back my collection lately. It takes up a whole room, and I very rarely want/have time to play any of it anymore Sad

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
modest9797
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #2941 on: July 29, 2008, 01:24:39 PM »

I played Forza 2 (Better than grand turismo!) and advanced alittle further in carrer and painted some of my cars to look like different Modest Mouse albums.
Tan
« Reply #2942 on: July 29, 2008, 01:35:08 PM »

I played Forza 2 (Better than grand turismo!) and advanced alittle further in carrer and painted some of my cars to look like different Modest Mouse albums.

I picked up the Limited Collector's Edition of Forza 2 for the 3 extra cars and the Encyclopedia that came with it. Awesome game and very feature rich. Forza 3 is in the works right now and from the sounds of it it's a bigger game.
Kimoosabi
« Reply #2943 on: July 29, 2008, 11:31:02 PM »

Picked up and played some Soul Calibur IV tonight on the Xbox 360, so far I am really enjoying it. I skipped over Soul Calibur III entirely, so it's been a while since I've played a game in this franchise.
Feechy
Neo Geo AES
United States

Stats
« Reply #2944 on: July 29, 2008, 11:33:58 PM »

Played some Bonk's Adventure on the TG16. And as soon as I got onto world 1-2 (whichever has the dinosaur in it) I realize that it's the goriest game ever.

<Alfador> stop trying to rain on my parade
<Kimoosabi> Your parade is stupid!
<Alfador> my parade is TIGHT
-
Crabmaster2000: dont talk to him or he'll try to sell you modded playstations
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2945 on: July 30, 2008, 12:31:52 AM »

Was playing some nethack and dwarf fortress. Then I played some Demon Stone...horrible port--and then finished the last two missions in the all too short SWAT 4.

When shall his new form be revealed?
OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2946 on: July 30, 2008, 01:12:36 AM »

On my trip I played the original Sonic the Hedgehog for GBA.

worst.  port.  ever.

Fortunately for me, I also had a book along to read.

it's thinking
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #2947 on: July 30, 2008, 03:37:57 AM »

worst.  port.  ever.

What's so bad about it? (I'm not trying to argue, I simply don't own the game, so I don't know)
OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2948 on: July 30, 2008, 09:04:15 AM »

worst.  port.  ever.

What's so bad about it? (I'm not trying to argue, I simply don't own the game, so I don't know)

Instead of being a true port, it seems to be emulated.  Now, while I love Sonic the Hedgehog, this one seemed to suffer from slow emulation, and small-screen-itis.  Like Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, you only see most of what you would view on your television screen, not the whole thing.  That leaves you less warning if you're rolling along towards spikes or a pit.  That being said, there is a nice "Anniversary Mode" where you can also use the spin dash, a move added later in Sonic 2.

it's thinking
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #2949 on: July 30, 2008, 09:51:20 AM »

More SMCR. Still struggling with the playing as the German Civ vs. the rest on Emporer difficulty. China and Japan are a pain to try catching up with on the Tech tree. Undecided

logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #2950 on: July 30, 2008, 10:29:24 AM »

worst.  port.  ever.

Instead of being a true port, it seems to be emulated.  Now, while I love Sonic the Hedgehog, this one seemed to suffer from slow emulation, and small-screen-itis.  Like Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, you only see most of what you would view on your television screen, not the whole thing.  That leaves you less warning if you're rolling along towards spikes or a pit.  That being said, there is a nice "Anniversary Mode" where you can also use the spin dash, a move added later in Sonic 2.

Strange... I used to love SMBDX. One of my all time favorites because of the extra modes. I probably logged about 100 hours in that cart. Ahhhh, the memories. Smiley

Tell me about your variants...
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #2951 on: July 31, 2008, 09:08:57 AM »

More Civ Rev. Lost the prior game to Japan. Started a new game on Emporer difficulty (as Germany again) and got a much better draw (no Japan or China). Took out Greece early and stayed ahead of the tech tree vs America, Aztec, and Spain. I'm ready to build the United Nations for the Cultural win. However, I'm going to be sure to finish the Manhattan Project first.

After much trial and error with the Germans, they get some kickass perks if you play them right. The +1 to Forest production in Midieval really makes a difference. And as long as you concentrate on building up your Warrior armies (with a Barracks) in the Ancient era and delay Iron Working as long as possible, your Warrior armies will upgrade automatically from Warriors...to Legions...to Knights...to TANKS when the appropriate Tech for these units are fully researched. The most important aspect of Germany is keeping population numbers up in your cities to be able to take advantage of the Midieval bonus and get the most out of your resources.

Damn! Out of all the Civs in the game I think I've learned the most ABOUT the game from playing as the Germans...because you MUST play fundamentally sound in order to win with them, it forces you into being patient and deliberate, knowing when to attack vs. knowing when to build. I imagine each of the Civs in the game are comparably challenging, but having no "free" tech, movement bonus, or resource bonus at the start really made Germany a challenge for me. But always fun.

Looking forward to hopefully finishing my win the next time I play. Cool

« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 09:12:43 AM by phoenix1967 » Logged

Kimoosabi
« Reply #2952 on: July 31, 2008, 03:07:21 PM »

Last night I played Soul Calibur IV for about 5 hours, so far my only complaint is with the online component, it takes quite a while to join a match, since you frequently get "match is full" errors.

I also downloaded and played Geometry Wars Evolved 2. So far I am really enjoying it, having more than one game play mode will definitely keep me interested in it for a while. The achievements are a lot easier in this one than the last as well.
Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #2953 on: July 31, 2008, 03:31:43 PM »

I've downloaded and been playing The Bring Down the Sky for Mass Effect.

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2954 on: July 31, 2008, 03:36:07 PM »

I was playing Tetris DS today, trying to beat my high score, as ever. I got up to 1,770,000 in Marathon mode then got distracted and put it into standby. It takes quite a while to get up to that. Maybe 45 minutes to over an hour. I picked it up again and lost that game within a minute. Sad

My record is something like 2,690,000+.
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 397 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length