RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 19, 2024, 08:24:17 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The gaming diary 0 Members and 13 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 397 Print
Author Topic: The gaming diary  (Read 996156 times)
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2790 on: June 12, 2008, 01:05:10 PM »

Played some Axelay on the SNES last night.

BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #2791 on: June 12, 2008, 03:15:11 PM »

Good game? I came close to picking it up a couple of weeks ago, but passed on it for other things.

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
y2richie
Jaguar CD
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #2792 on: June 13, 2008, 02:49:25 AM »

Played the demo for Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution. OMG! It's turn based strategy, not RTS. But it's excellent! I haven't played a strategy game in a long time on a console, and this one had me addicted from the start. User interface is very friendly and the graphics, animations, & art style are very well done.

It has multiple win conditions, so you don't have to just rely on military tactics. And the degree of depth to the strategy of the game is amazing.

And even if you don't play strategy titles, it's similar enough to a boardgame that it's easy to pick up and play & is very enjoyable.

In the demo, you can either play as Caesar or Cleopatra. Whatever leader you choose, you get an immediate bonus for your territory which counts towards your progress to the win conditions.

Overall, this game is going to be great when it comes out...as long as you can save at anytime. Since it was a demo, I think that feature was disabled. But I played 3 hours straight on it.

Highly recommended!

Cool write up, thanks! I ordered Civ Rev the other day and got it through the mail yesterday. Haven't had time to try it yet though! It's out in the UK a month before the US release for some reason (not usually the case with games). Anyway, I've scanned in all the images for Civ Rev and gonna upload in a sec. Smiley

Fuyukaze
RFG Friend
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2793 on: June 13, 2008, 02:55:43 AM »

Good game? I came close to picking it up a couple of weeks ago, but passed on it for other things.

One of the best if not the best shooter on the system.  If you passed on a dirt cheap copy, I can only offer you my condolences.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Fuyukaze[/img]
[img width=470 height=155]http://gamercards.exophase.com/69469.png[/img]
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #2794 on: June 13, 2008, 07:46:01 AM »

DL'd and tried out the trial game for Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3. Meh. Tongue Not worth 10 bucks. I like the art style and presentation, but the game doesn't really play out any differently from an arcade top-view scrolling shooter. I'd recommend Assault Heroes ahead of it.

DL'd the movie trailers for Dark Knight (2 of them), and The Incredible Hulk. Hulk is looking better than the prior attempt, but the CGI is again disappointing...still looks too cartoonish, imo. The Dark Knight trailer 3 is one that I hadn't seen before and builds on prior trailers, showing a glimpse of more of the story; this is going to be a MUST SEE in the theatre!

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2795 on: June 13, 2008, 08:53:23 AM »

One of the best if not the best shooter on the system.  If you passed on a dirt cheap copy, I can only offer you my condolences.
One of the  best shooters on the SNES.  I love the top down scrolling with mode 7 and fading effects.  Highly recommend this great game.

BadEnoughDude
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2796 on: June 13, 2008, 09:50:29 AM »

One of the  best shooters on the SNES.  I love the top down scrolling with mode 7 and fading effects.  Highly recommend this great game.

Huh. Makes me upset that I passed on it. I'll be going back to the same shop this weekend while I'm out of town, so I'll make it a point to look for this one!

Minnesota represent.
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2797 on: June 13, 2008, 10:04:09 AM »

I'd recommend Assault Heroes ahead of it.
Assault Heroes looks awesome. I really want to try that one.

Started MGS4 last night. Words cannot describe how incredible this game really is. This is THE game that will finally legitimize the PS3 as it is one of the greatest games I've ever played. I'm not even kidding. This is way too incredible.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 10:07:03 AM by Tondog » Logged

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #2798 on: June 13, 2008, 01:23:58 PM »

Cool write up, thanks! I ordered Civ Rev the other day and got it through the mail yesterday. Haven't had time to try it yet though! It's out in the UK a month before the US release for some reason (not usually the case with games). Anyway, I've scanned in all the images for Civ Rev and gonna upload in a sec. Smiley

Cool. Since you're playing it weeks ahead of us here in the US, let us know how you like it. Cool

Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #2799 on: June 14, 2008, 05:05:35 PM »

So after playing Izuna, Legend of the Unemployed Ninja from 7:30 AM to about 4 P.M. today I beat it and as I sat in the afterglow of self satisfaction and began to close my DS... the right hinge broke. The entire section in front of the Right Shoulder button is a separate piece at the moment Cry I think I'll try and superglue it back on before I spend the $70 to send it in. I haven't had much luck in the past with repairs. I paid $100 to fix my PS2 and Sony still messed it up.

I know not much of a gaming diary type entry but I had to vent somewhere.
two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #2800 on: June 17, 2008, 12:02:52 PM »

wow that sucks silent scythe, hopefully you can fix it without sending it in. anyways i've been playing:

f-zero x
mariokart 64

BadEnoughDude
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2801 on: June 17, 2008, 01:02:02 PM »

Been playing LEGO Indiana Jones for the PSP lately. I've never played any of the other LEGO games. It's pretty fun.

Minnesota represent.
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2802 on: June 18, 2008, 08:14:33 AM »

Played for another hour on Final Fantasy III DS.  I'm entering the gnomish city after acquiring the mini scroll.

Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #2803 on: June 18, 2008, 05:41:01 PM »

Played Final Fantasy for a good 4 hours today, got the Earth and Fire crystals done.
Barracuda
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2804 on: June 18, 2008, 07:17:09 PM »

I've been playing alot of My Spanish Coach this week. Playing this game reminds me how much I love to learn to speak other languages.

Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 397 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length