RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 19, 2024, 10:27:04 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The gaming diary 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 397 Print
Author Topic: The gaming diary  (Read 996186 times)
two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #2760 on: May 29, 2008, 11:50:53 PM »

been playing manhunt 2, not as good as the first but still entertaining.

nester
Sega 32X

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2761 on: May 30, 2008, 12:14:28 AM »

Ah, it's nice to be able to do this again! I've been switching back and forth between playing Dragon Quest V and various Sega Saturn games. Especially Command & Conquer and Bust A Move 2
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #2762 on: May 30, 2008, 01:10:51 AM »

Ah, it's nice to be able to do this again! I've been switching back and forth between playing Dragon Quest V and various Sega Saturn games. Especially Command & Conquer and Bust A Move 2

Do you have an English version of DQ5?

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #2763 on: June 01, 2008, 09:23:27 PM »

Some games on Pogo and GTA 4.

Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #2764 on: June 01, 2008, 10:32:45 PM »

Started Golden Sun yesterday. I've wanted to play it since it came out.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2765 on: June 02, 2008, 03:59:25 AM »

That game interests me as well, what with the sun and everything.

When shall his new form be revealed?
cyberfluxor
Jaguar CD

WWW Stats
« Reply #2766 on: June 02, 2008, 07:26:16 PM »

I bought Warcraft III and the expansion last week and played some of it over the weekend. I didn't care much for it when it came out, but now I'm kinda liking it. Not sure about the multi-player modes as it's quite foreign to me and appears odd, single player is rocking though.

Also been playing off and on Galaga '90 on the TurboDuo. It's simply amazing and is rough trying to find the best method to rack up the points without dying or giving high risk of loosing your dual ships. Still haven't been able to rush through the game with the warps and whatnot, but the bosses are wicked.

Still playing Battlefield 1942... Yeah it's old but fun as crap and the box set collection has been $10 at Best Buy for almost a year it seems. It's a great LAN party game considering most of my friends don't have high performance machines and has a wide host of player counts and quite a few available maps for download. It's amazing how many busy game servers exist any time during the day or night too.

Also burned about an hour yesterday playing Diablo II expansion on Battle.Net yesterday, hardcore ladder mode. Only way to play with somewhat of a challenege anyhow. Leveled a bit, found some junky stuff for my low level sorceress to get her at least bearable to a few hits by monsters. Thinking of going Orb and Firewall since they can be capped with good damage and will need Hexfire as a secondary weapon.

I got into Prey last month and suddenly stopped due to finals so I'll be getting back into that soon and try to finish it by the end of this month, though there's still plenty of time. I believe I was 3 hours into the story line, and I wonder around a lot.

Collecting CIB 5200 Atari and Sega Saturn games.
Check out my domain
I will purge your base for resources.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #2767 on: June 06, 2008, 07:39:44 AM »

Tried out a few demos last night on XBLA. A full demo for a racing game called "Crash (something)", and arcade titles Roogoo, Warlords, and Wits 'n' Wagers.

Of the group, Roogoo was the only one that held my interest. It's a fun and challenging puzzler.

I also DL'd the demo for Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution, but was too tired to play it, so I'm saving that for later.

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2768 on: June 06, 2008, 09:31:12 AM »

I'm still working my way through the first MGS. I'm progressing slower than I want because of working all day, going to Karate 3 days out of the week for 2 hours right after work, then spending time with my brother. My brother is leaving this weekend and won't be back for a few weeks, so my goal is to beat MGS this weekend and plow through at least 75% of MGS2. I forget how long the cutscenes are in MGS2, but knowing Kojima-san, I might not be able to reach that 75% goal. Cheesy

I also waited for the Playstation store to update and when it finally did, I downloaded the new (free) content which netted me the demo for Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution (1.2 gb), Battlefield: Bad Company (1.6 gb), the God of War II “The End Begins (to Rock)" add-on for Guitar Hero III (wanted to get it while it was available and free), the MP3 of The End Begins (to Rock), the new Resident Evil 5 trailer, Lego Indiana Jones trailer, Fracture trailer, and a look behind the scenes of Fracture (almost 1 gb). In addition, I might end up buying the Qore digital magazine (another 1.5 gb. haven't decided to do the single issue or the yearly subscription), Commando 3, and Novastrike depending on what I hear about them. All of those look pretty neat, but we'll see what some of my friends on other sites have to say about it.

Phoenix, is there a demo for Commando 3 out on XBLA? If so, have you tried it and what do you think? Stupid Sony didn't give us a demo of the game.  grrr

My PS3 is crying out for hard drive space right now...and MGS4 is going to come along next week and eat up another 4.5 gb...might be time to delete a game install or some demos. Sad
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 09:36:06 AM by Tondog » Logged

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #2769 on: June 06, 2008, 12:40:39 PM »

Phoenix, is there a demo for Commando 3 out on XBLA? If so, have you tried it and what do you think? Stupid Sony didn't give us a demo of the game.  grrr

Do you mean Bionic Commando 3? I'll look it up.

BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #2770 on: June 06, 2008, 02:52:55 PM »

Been playing the Tecmo Super Bowl: Legends Edition mod (super cool, by the way... the guy did a great job) and Odin Sphere lately.

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2771 on: June 06, 2008, 05:55:39 PM »

Do you mean Bionic Commando 3? I'll look it up.
This one here:
http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/142/14211924.html

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #2772 on: June 07, 2008, 10:53:56 AM »

^No demo. Just a trailer.

Played the demo for Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution. OMG! It's turn based strategy, not RTS. But it's excellent! I haven't played a strategy game in a long time on a console, and this one had me addicted from the start. User interface is very friendly and the graphics, animations, & art style are very well done.

It has multiple win conditions, so you don't have to just rely on military tactics. And the degree of depth to the strategy of the game is amazing.

And even if you don't play strategy titles, it's similar enough to a boardgame that it's easy to pick up and play & is very enjoyable.

In the demo, you can either play as Caesar or Cleopatra. Whatever leader you choose, you get an immediate bonus for your territory which counts towards your progress to the win conditions.

Overall, this game is going to be great when it comes out...as long as you can save at anytime. Since it was a demo, I think that feature was disabled. But I played 3 hours straight on it.

Highly recommended!

UNFORGIVINGPAIN
Donor
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2773 on: June 07, 2008, 01:15:44 PM »

I have been playing a lot Marvel vs Capcom 2 Classic Metal Remix on the Dreamcast with my boys. They like that they can play as X-Men, Venom, Hulk, Iron Man, etc. and It's easy for them to do a 40 plus hit combo in this game.
Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2774 on: June 08, 2008, 02:36:38 PM »

FINALLY finished MGS 1.

Follow me on Twitter
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 397 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length