RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 19, 2024, 04:26:32 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The gaming diary 0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 397 Print
Author Topic: The gaming diary  (Read 996328 times)
Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #2670 on: April 13, 2008, 08:21:48 PM »

Started Portal today, wonderful game and I'm almost done  with it already. I might pick up Twilight Princess again tomarrow and work on finishing it,
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2671 on: April 13, 2008, 09:09:14 PM »

Played the Hell out of Ms. Pac-Man and Galaga this weekend.  I can't wait until I finish my basement.  It's gonna be awesome to play these when I get the arcade look and feel.
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2672 on: April 13, 2008, 09:43:46 PM »

Started Portal today, wonderful game and I'm almost done  with it already. I might pick up Twilight Princess again tomarrow and work on finishing it,
Portal is quite a brilliant game. If you want more, check out the game that led to the creation of Portal, Narbacular Drop.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #2673 on: April 15, 2008, 07:27:55 AM »

Played around with the Forge some more. Added Oddball to my Death From Abov map using the Foundry map set.

Also created Sniper Den using the Valhalla map set. Many Sniper Rifles, Spartan lasers and Rocket Launchers; includes 1 Hornet, and strategically-placed teleporters.

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #2674 on: April 16, 2008, 06:53:50 AM »

Finally finished StarCraft (+Expansion) so now can check out the latest with StarCraft II without having to worry about it ruining the story for me. Bloody good game, I can't believe people have had to wait 10 years to find out what became of their heroes. Haha lucky me, it'll be less than a year for me to find out.

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2675 on: April 16, 2008, 06:59:15 AM »

Played some Micro Machines 64 last night.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #2676 on: April 16, 2008, 02:51:24 PM »

DL'd the new Halo 3 Legendary Map pack last night and checked out the Forge options on them.

Avalanche looks REALLY cool! There's a LOT of potential with new Forge objects on this one as well. The only drawback is they totally neutered the Hornet to the point that it's pretty much useless against tanks.

Ghost Town is such a tightly constructed layout that it would take some time to get used to utilizing the Forge feature set. I'm curious as to how the "Old Timey" filter would play out, though.  Lacks vehicles. But as far as a stand-alone map, it's fresh and new and I look forward to getting into playing it. Lots of fun hiding places in the various nooks and crannies. 

Blackout is a remake of Lockout from Halo 2, but with some tweaks and Halo 3 equipment. However, the Forge feature set for it is very surprising. Short on vehicles (obviously), but it allows for some of the larger containers to be added to the map. This could lead to using open containers as bridges and such for purposes of making it more "maze" like and set up trapping/sniping opportunities. It's also the easiest to utilize for blocking off chunks of areas to create a more self-contained themed map.

We'll see. I'm sure youtube will have a lot of interesting creations in short order. Cool

« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 02:54:00 PM by phoenix1967 » Logged

Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2677 on: April 16, 2008, 10:28:04 PM »

DL'd the new Halo 3 Legendary Map pack last night and checked out the Forge options on them.
But did you download Ikaruga yet?!

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2678 on: April 17, 2008, 01:45:06 AM »

Played Anubis II on Wii very brefly today.
Aubrey was having trouble with controls so i  gave it a shot to see if it was jerky.
Camera was kinda lame but mostly she just sucked i guess.
Its hard to not say that. She is so sensitive when it comes to gaming.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #2679 on: April 17, 2008, 09:26:07 AM »

Not yet. I figured that I'll DL it when I know I'm going to play through it.

Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2680 on: April 17, 2008, 10:04:08 AM »

Not yet. I figured that I'll DL it when I know I'm going to play through it.
Ok then. I'm just going to keep giving you a hard time until you do... Wink

But really, enjoy your Halo 3 Forge options.

Follow me on Twitter
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2681 on: April 17, 2008, 10:25:26 AM »

Almost done with Assassin's Creed.

It's not great, very repetitive and although they put in all these side quest/gather 100 flag things, there's not really any reason to do them. The game just needs some sort of money system, allowing you to buy new gear or abilities. I'm enjoying it, but it's not brilliant.

When shall his new form be revealed?
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2682 on: April 18, 2008, 07:40:03 AM »

I haven't really played Zelda: Minish Cap for the last two years. I got stuck and gave up after looking everywhere in the game for the next thing. I picked it up recently and still couldn't work it out so I caved in and used a walkthrough to find out all I had to do was talk to a guard who would let me past. That little bit was all I needed to get on with it without the walkthrough. Roll Eyes
Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #2683 on: April 19, 2008, 03:42:07 PM »

Finished Portal and I loved every minute of it. I'm definitely going play Twilight Princess now before I get distracted by anything else.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 03:43:57 PM by Silent Scythe » Logged
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #2684 on: April 19, 2008, 05:04:24 PM »

Played Halo 3 4player SS system link with den68 and friends last night. Tested out some of my Forge creations and they went over well.

Also played Rock Band.

Attempted to play CoD3 on System Link but for some reason we still weren't able to get a system link connection to work. 

Anyone have any suggestions? We know it's not the system link cable we used because it worked fine for Halo 3.

Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 397 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length