RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 19, 2024, 04:09:06 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The gaming diary 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 397 Print
Author Topic: The gaming diary  (Read 996308 times)
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #2655 on: April 09, 2008, 02:20:58 PM »

Playing a lot of Crisis Core lately, but I'm growing fairly tired of it. I think I'll probably pop in something different after class tonight.. I just haven't decided what yet...

Do you have/ have you played Bioshock?

Not yet. I'd have to buy it though, and I'm pretty much strapped for at least another 3 weeks. It'll have to be something I already have.

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
cyberfluxor
Jaguar CD

WWW Stats
« Reply #2656 on: April 09, 2008, 08:38:15 PM »

Just changed my avatar across the forums to Commander Keen. It's obvious why, at least I hope. I formatted an old laptop I received placing MS-DOS 5.0 on it with Windows 3.1. I've been installing tons of DOS games I've bought over the years and downloaded some other stuff to play that have yet to pop up locally to buy. The first thing on the agenda, beat the Keen game episodes 1 thru 6, including 3.5 Keen Dreams. I've beaten a few of them before but figured it's about time I went back and did it in order. I'm also playing back through Wolfenstein 3D and trying another game called SkyRoads. If you have a DOS computer or emulator I'd suggest checking out SkyRoads as it's a free download:
http://www.bluemoon.ee/history/skyroads/

Collecting CIB 5200 Atari and Sega Saturn games.
Check out my domain
I will purge your base for resources.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2657 on: April 09, 2008, 08:41:53 PM »

Playing Guitar Hero III, Super Mario Galaxy, Chicken Little, and Big Brain Academy on Wii.  Beat Barnyard on Wii.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2658 on: April 10, 2008, 07:59:08 AM »

In need of helpful hints to beating House of the Dead III.  Mainly the end boss who looks like he belongs in Tron.  I know to shoot his electrical circles and such when he flings them at me.  I'm having trouble figuring out where to shoot the guy when he goes into his various modes. 

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #2659 on: April 10, 2008, 12:07:40 PM »

DL'd and played the Trial Game for Ikaruga last night from XBL Marketplace. Scrolling shooters haven't interested me in a LONG time, but this one looks to be worth buying... Shocked

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2660 on: April 10, 2008, 03:35:07 PM »

Playing some Tomb Raider Anniversary, not too bad.

Installing Assassin's Creed right now.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2661 on: April 10, 2008, 05:32:07 PM »

DL'd and played the Trial Game for Ikaruga last night from XBL Marketplace. Scrolling shooters haven't interested me in a LONG time, but this one looks to be worth buying... Shocked

Damn right it's  worth buying. Especially considering what it goes for on Gamecube/Dreamcast.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #2662 on: April 11, 2008, 09:27:36 AM »

Played the trial game of Ikaruga again...figured out how to use the "smart bomb" and the color flip this time. Cool

Played the 1st 2 stages of Halo 3 Campaign, Normal difficulty. I gave up on Heroic after trying for a half and hour to get to the next checkpoint on level 1. F-ing snipers!

Played some Texas Hold 'Em on PokerStars.net.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2663 on: April 11, 2008, 01:56:55 PM »

Crysis: My pc can only handle Medium setting on this game...(Played CoD4 on Highest with no probs) It would seem that Crytek went insane with ZOMG AWESOME GRAFIX TWO GENERATIONS AHEAD with this game when they should have been making it fun. Much of the awesomeness of Farcry is missing, aside from the environment, and ultimately the gameplay is mediocre at best. I was bored by the intro and remain to be bored by the firefights as I wander through it. It's pretty much just Halo on an island.

The graphics are amazing, even on medium...but fuck it, I'll go back to counterstrike.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2664 on: April 11, 2008, 04:45:19 PM »

Played the trial game of Ikaruga again...figured out how to use the "smart bomb" and the color flip this time. Cool
Now buy it and clear it on one credit...Cheesy

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2665 on: April 12, 2008, 02:17:25 AM »

after over 2000 games of Halo 3 in online matchmaking, I have finally gotten the chance to play a member of the Bungie staff.  My team won.

Otherwise, I've been playing Ikaruga.  It is tough no matter how you play it... and I love it!  Once you get decent at the game, you realize you can try more advanced techniques which add an entire new level of gameplay.  There are so many.
  • The different skill levels
  • Keeping a high chain count for higher scores.
  • Playing in bullet eater mode
  • also, various 2-player co-op performances
and any combination.

Possibly the most outstanding performance ever witnessed in gaming is VTF-INO's double-play videos.  He plays a 2-player game on normal mode controlling both joysticks and racks up obscene scores in the process.

it's thinking
OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2666 on: April 12, 2008, 02:28:06 AM »

double post Lips Sealed

why can't I delete these anymore?

it's thinking
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #2667 on: April 13, 2008, 05:29:08 PM »

Played some Rock Band at Den's 40th birthday party last night.

Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2668 on: April 13, 2008, 06:24:50 PM »

Played some Rock Band at Den's 40th birthday party last night.

But did you get Ikaruga yet?!

Follow me on Twitter
hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #2669 on: April 13, 2008, 07:45:54 PM »

When I haven't been working on all things school-related I've been trying to complete all the challenges in Smash Bros. Brawl. I'm pretty close to being done.

Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 397 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length