RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 19, 2024, 10:26:08 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The gaming diary 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 397 Print
Author Topic: The gaming diary  (Read 996426 times)
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #2595 on: March 09, 2008, 05:14:29 PM »

Ikaruga...I'm sorry I doubted you in the past.

Pretty sweet game, eh? I have been meaning to pop that one back in...

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #2596 on: March 10, 2008, 08:21:38 AM »

Didn't play anything, but checked out some Halo 3 Grifball vids on youtube and some trailers on my 360 Dashboard for Viking: Battle of Asgard (I'm undecided on this one).

That Grifball variant looks like it's a blast!

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2597 on: March 10, 2008, 09:11:20 AM »

Played Taito Legends 2 for a few hours over the weekend.

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2598 on: March 10, 2008, 10:17:51 AM »

I "obtained" Wink a bunch of Dreamcast shmups...so I've been playing a lot of those over the weekend.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2599 on: March 10, 2008, 11:00:04 AM »

I "obtained" Wink a bunch of Dreamcast shmups...so I've been playing a lot of those over the weekend.
Very Envious

littlenick
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #2600 on: March 11, 2008, 04:24:04 AM »

Today, i bought myself a 'as new' (un-opened) SNES Super Scope for $50 Australian on ebay, which i think is a VERY reasonable deal, if i say so myself! Anybody on here who is reading this have a super scope?
Tan
« Reply #2601 on: March 11, 2008, 04:48:09 AM »

Today, i bought myself a 'as new' (un-opened) SNES Super Scope for $50 Australian on ebay, which i think is a VERY reasonable deal, if i say so myself! Anybody on here who is reading this have a super scope?

I have a CIB one I got from a friend who is also a member here. It's been modified to use an AC adapter instead of batteries. Neat little rigs those are, I remember how popular they were when they were released. Just a shame that the SNES didn't have a more expanded library of compatible games than it does.
Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #2602 on: March 11, 2008, 07:09:13 AM »

I got mine for $50. It came with everything except the manual which I bought off of ebay along with a bunch of other manuals. The seller is a RF Generation member but I forgot who (if you're reading this thanks!). I thought $50 was a good price especially since the store I got mine from is known to overcharge ($24 for Super Mario 3???).
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #2603 on: March 11, 2008, 07:42:00 AM »

Got through the 1st set of songs on Medium for the Drum Solo Tour on Rock Band...plus Celebrity Skin on the 2nd set, and one of the bonus songs.

Downloaded and watched the Tech demos for Alone in the Dark...damn! I'm going to start a separate thread on that one!

Also downloaded the Mass Effect "Bring Down the Sky" content, but didn't get a chance to play it.

NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #2604 on: March 11, 2008, 08:32:59 AM »

I've been piecing mine together. I got the sight at one garage sale, the main piece at another, the receiver at another. Still missing the battery cover, but I've got all the necessary parts.
I really hate using it, it's really uncomfortable to me, the Sega Menacer is much more comfortable to use.

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2605 on: March 11, 2008, 08:52:29 AM »

My Scope 6 was £7 from a car boot sale. Apart from a 4 inch rip on the box and the usual scuffs on the box edges, it's in almost perfect condition.

I think the only time I've used it was when I was testing it out.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #2606 on: March 12, 2008, 12:41:10 PM »

Downloaded the Grifball game type variant and Foundry Grifball map for Halo 3.

Played more of the Rock Band Drum Solo tour on Medium. I'm at 18 of 70 (I DL'd something like 12 songs already...).

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2607 on: March 12, 2008, 03:59:27 PM »

Over the weekend my girlfriend took over the computer, so I finally decided to dust off my Devil May Cry games and give them a spin.

I beat both discs of Devil May Cry 2 in one sitting.  Sure it was about 6 hours, but still.  I heard nothing but bad things about this game, and I kind of agree with a lot of them.  Devil May Cry 1 was FAR superior to the sequel.  The story is pretty much non-existant, it is beyond easy (I only died once on the last guy), and the graphics are pretty substandard.  It's still a decent game, but for a Devil May Cry game it's bad.

The next day I pugged in Devil May Cry 3.  Now this is what Devil May Cry 2 should have been.  The story, while not Final Fantasy caliber, is much better than in 2, and it is actually hard.  I'm about 3/4 of the way through it and I have loved every second of it so far.

My girlfriend and I also played Singstar Rocks over the weekend.  It sounds pretty stupid, but we actually had a lot of fun playing it.  The song selection kind of sucks, but I don't think I was the kind of person they had in mind when they were making it.  The girlfriend loved the song selection.
Tan
« Reply #2608 on: March 12, 2008, 08:48:30 PM »

Beat the "Bring Down the Sky" content for Mass Effect. Took my time with it and It lasted an hour and a half or so as advertised. I can handle a few of these at this price until the 2nd in the series comes out.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #2609 on: March 15, 2008, 12:48:25 AM »

Started a new Mass Effect campaign on Insanity difficulty with my level 59 character.

Just got to the Citadel for the first time, so I have a little while before I get to try out the Bring Down the Sky DLC.

Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 397 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length