RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 20, 2024, 04:34:49 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The gaming diary 0 Members and 12 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 397 Print
Author Topic: The gaming diary  (Read 996578 times)
Tan
« Reply #2505 on: February 07, 2008, 03:21:21 PM »

More Puzzle Quest. Damn game gets sort of aggravating sometimes.

I love the game but sometimes when your in a battle and your just sitting there while the AI gets turn after turn in a row and eats away at your HP while you can do nothing, it's very irritating because it seems so cheap and lopsided.
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #2506 on: February 07, 2008, 03:35:04 PM »

More Puzzle Quest. Damn game gets sort of aggravating sometimes.

I love the game but sometimes when your in a battle and your just sitting there while the AI gets turn after turn in a row and eats away at your HP while you can do nothing, it's very irritating because it seems so cheap and lopsided.

Or when it seems like EVERY time you make a move, a multiplier or skull(s) fall perfectly for the opponent. I'm surprised I haven't thrown my DS into a wall yet Smiley

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2507 on: February 07, 2008, 04:52:05 PM »

I started playing God Of War 2 again. My last game save was at the beginning of September.  :embarassed: This is a great game that I just haven't got round to finishing. Another one is GTA: Liberty City Stories. It's a good game but I just still haven't finished it.

God of War is still as great as ever. But having become accustomed to the 360's high definition graphics it looks a bit grainy and pixelated.
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2508 on: February 08, 2008, 08:48:28 AM »

Open Season and Superman on 360.

Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #2509 on: February 08, 2008, 09:12:50 AM »

I picked up Disgaea on the PSP after ignoring it for so long. I'll hopefully start on Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memoires today too.
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2510 on: February 08, 2008, 11:20:04 AM »

Twisted Metal: Head-On: Extra Twisted Edition on the PS2

Also, I got Professor Layton and the Curious Village 4 DAYS BEFORE ITS RELEASE IN THE US!!! Expect a review on the front page soon.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2511 on: February 08, 2008, 02:05:51 PM »

Disney's Action Game Featuring Hercules

I remember playing a demo of this years ago and thought it was ok. But it was a game on "that stupid Disney cartoon" I secretly liked so I didn't think of getting it. It's actually an ok 2D platformer. I just can't work some of it out. But I'm a manly man so I refuse to read the instructions.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2512 on: February 08, 2008, 03:59:15 PM »

Madden 07 for the 360.

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2513 on: February 09, 2008, 09:36:51 AM »

Hercules on the PS1 again. I've got a strange problem with just this game and my PC's TV Tuner. If I connect it with S-Video the console startup screen comes on fine then when the game loads the picture scrolls quickly. But if I change the channel to Composite then back to S-Video the picture is fine. It's only ever happened with Hercules, which has no scratches at all on it.

Once it was working I got some screenshots for the database. I'm trying to take screenshots of all the games I play through the TV tuner but it can be a bit hard on some of the more action packed games like God Of War. When I was using a wireless keyboard I put it on the floor and tapped the spacebar with my toe. But I got fed up with the keyboard for other reasons so I stopped using that one.

Edit: I was going to play Tony Hawk's Project 8 but for some reason it won't load my career file. God damnit. It was a buggy game anyway and got boring after a while. I got the 500,000 point combo in Free Skate anyway. I did a few 450,000-480,000 combos then somehow the only combo I've ever done over 500,000 was something like 830,000 points. Of course, I didn't save it. Undecided

Then I shot some people in Hitman: Blood Money but didn't get anywhere.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 04:20:32 PM by James » Logged
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2514 on: February 11, 2008, 08:41:23 AM »

Finished Open Season, and started Cars.

Also played some PSU and Rock Band this weekend.

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2515 on: February 11, 2008, 01:08:24 PM »

Played Taito Legends 2 on the PS2 for 2 hours this weekend.  Also played Truxton on the genesis

Tan
« Reply #2516 on: February 11, 2008, 06:52:42 PM »

I picked up Final Fantasy XII for $12 at TRU the other day. I've put about 17-ish hours into it so far. Fantastic game. They've really breathed new life into a tired franchise with this one. It has already cemeted it's place into my top list of PS2 titles.

Short summary: Feels a bit like KOTOR, a bit like Rogue Galaxy and it's addictive as hell. Nice graphics and excellent voice acting. Leaves out most of the stereotypical signs of a JRPG while feeling like a classic game from yesteryear.

I should have picked this up ages ago but I'm wary of most Square-Enix games now and I never was a huge fan of FF games.
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #2517 on: February 11, 2008, 06:59:32 PM »

I picked up Final Fantasy XII for $12 at TRU the other day. I've put about 17-ish hours into it so far. Fantastic game. They've really breathed new life into a tired franchise with this one. It has already cemeted it's place into my top list of PS2 titles.

Short summary: Feels a bit like KOTOR, a bit like Rogue Galaxy and it's addictive as hell. Nice graphics and excellent voice acting. Leaves out most of the stereotypical signs of a JRPG while feeling like a classic game from yesteryear.

I should have picked this up ages ago but I'm wary of most Square-Enix games now and I never was a huge fan of FF games.

I was also a huge fan of the game. I haven't played it in months. I had about 50 hours into it (when I inexplicably stopped playing it), but I really liked what they did with it. They really streamlined the whole process, and certainly makes playing much more exciting.

EDIT: you totally just inspired me to play this game again. thanks you, sir.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 07:04:28 PM by Bad Enough Dude » Logged

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2518 on: February 12, 2008, 08:58:01 AM »

Cars and Wartech on the 360.

Ghost Soldier