RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 20, 2024, 02:23:46 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The gaming diary 0 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 397 Print
Author Topic: The gaming diary  (Read 996782 times)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2355 on: December 31, 2007, 10:55:49 PM »

I suck at videogames now...

I am going to play Wii Play i guess since i can still probably rock at Wii Boxing.

EDIT
The Wii isn't hooked up so i guess i won't...
I guess i'll play more DS or maybe an Xbox game.

Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #2356 on: January 01, 2008, 08:26:28 AM »

Me and fiance' beat Tales of Destiny together on Sunday.
Now im gonna play Dragon Warrior on the GBC when I don't feel like getting up to play a game.
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2357 on: January 01, 2008, 10:51:54 PM »

Finally beat Shadow Hearts From the New World with both endings. God I love this series, it's fantastic. The game was a bit of a departure from Covenant, but still one of the most unique game I have ever played. The ending kicked all sorts of ass it isn't funny. Where Shadow Hearts Covenant had a bit of a convoluted story, From the New World just rocked major league. It wasn't as epic or technically as good, but the story telling was fantastic. I don't think I've ever been more compelled to beat a game in my life. Finding out who Lady and Killer were and why they were acting like they were was unbelievably awesome. Ughh, sweet sweet game. I wish professional game reviewers would bother to beat games before they actually review them because though the game starts slow it ends magnificently.

Phew, long rant. But damn was that an underrated game. But hey, fans know it's good I guess that's what matters.

Going to start Jeanne D'Arc again. I played a while ago but due to not having a memory card I died after like 2 hours and was taken back to the title screen. Really really fun strategy RPG where you play as Joan of Arc. I know I'll enjoy it tons. Looking forward to starting this game up again.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #2358 on: January 02, 2008, 10:10:52 PM »

Played some Stellar Sweeper on Pogo.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #2359 on: January 03, 2008, 06:56:37 AM »

Played the Dark Messiah of Might & Magic: Elements demo from XBL Marketplace. Not bad. I like the inventory and spell management. Graphics are good. The control scheme is new, so that will take some getting used to. But after some time with it, I think it's rather good. Likewise for combat.

Hopefully the final release doesn't disappoint.

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2360 on: January 03, 2008, 09:43:52 AM »

Tony Hawk's Project 8 is really getting on my tits now. I hate the way when you turn towards a wall it bounces you back the other way, and if you turn the other way in a narrow passage your turning circle is so big that you hit the other wall. Then there's a goal I'm trying to do that's too bloody hard. It's in the Fun Park where I have to move some pieces around then jump around them to light a giant torch. I eventually did it but after time had run out so it said I failed, just after it said I had completed it. It went back to edit mode except I was still skating around while in edit mode. Then there was a moment where I was flying underneath the ground.

Gah!
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2361 on: January 03, 2008, 03:44:16 PM »

The 360 is the only thing I have played for months. I have been playing

Madden 07
Madden 08
NBA 2K7
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Surf's Up
Shrek the Third
Crackdown (my favorite 360 game)
Blitz: The League
Halo 3
Scene It
Aegis Wing

and other I am sure I am missing.

Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2362 on: January 04, 2008, 12:54:32 AM »

Jeanne D'Arc. Very entertaining stuff. Haha I actually bought a PSP just so I could play this, Final Fantasy Tactics, Disgaea and Valkyrie Profile.
Tan
« Reply #2363 on: January 04, 2008, 02:41:39 AM »

Played the Dark Messiah of Might & Magic: Elements demo from XBL Marketplace. Not bad. I like the inventory and spell management. Graphics are good. The control scheme is new, so that will take some getting used to. But after some time with it, I think it's rather good. Likewise for combat.

Hopefully the final release doesn't disappoint.

I really enjoyed this demo. I've had my eye on this game since it came out on PC last year. I think i'll be getting this next week. I know I'll enjoy it at least on a level that I did with say Thief Deadly Shadows or Two Worlds.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #2364 on: January 04, 2008, 09:53:40 AM »

^Did the title update fix most of the bugs on Two Worlds so it plays smoother? Right now, it's not even on my radar as far as games I want to own, but if they've got the bugs ironed out I'd consider it.

Played the Arcade demo for Geon (may be a fun local multiplayer game), and some Stellar Sweeper on Pogo. Downloaded the demo for KUF: Circle of Doom but didn't get a chance to play it yet.

Tan
« Reply #2365 on: January 04, 2008, 10:03:32 AM »

^Did the title update fix most of the bugs on Two Worlds so it plays smoother? Right now, it's not even on my radar as far as games I want to own, but if they've got the bugs ironed out I'd consider it.

Played the Arcade demo for Geon (may be a fun local multiplayer game), and some Stellar Sweeper on Pogo. Downloaded the demo for KUF: Circle of Doom but didn't get a chance to play it yet.

They did an update for it that improved several things like glitches, framerate, horse-riding etc. But even at it's worst it didn't chop as bad as Mass Effect, or lock up and crash like Oblivion did. This is a severely overlooked game IMO, equal to Oblivion and second only to Mass Effect as best 360 RPG.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #2366 on: January 06, 2008, 01:53:46 AM »

Played the demos for KUF: Circle of Doom and Frontlines: Fuel of War. KUF is okay, but it's not going to be worth $60. Frontlines: FoW was much better. Somewhat addictive gameplay, but for now I don't know if it can compete with the other FPS's on the market; I'd wait on this one as well.

Also played Stellar Sweeper and Backgammon on Pogo.

And Finally got back to playing Bioshock.

Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #2367 on: January 06, 2008, 09:15:33 AM »

Beat Dragon Warrior last night. I guess I'm gonna work on StarTropics for now and after that I'll play Mother. I'm also gonna start Secrets of Mana next weekend hopefully.
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2368 on: January 06, 2008, 02:34:16 PM »

I just reached Xen in Half Life. Very close to the end of the game.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #2369 on: January 06, 2008, 02:35:28 PM »

Beat Dragon Warrior last night. I guess I'm gonna work on StarTropics for now and after that I'll play Mother. I'm also gonna start Secrets of Mana next weekend hopefully.

Not looking to go on with the Dragon Warrior series? Dragon Warrior II was a terrific game, in my opinion. Probably better than the first.

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 397 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length