RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 04:30:13 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The gaming diary 0 Members and 21 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 397 Print
Author Topic: The gaming diary  (Read 990387 times)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5685 on: January 02, 2013, 05:44:56 PM »

Tony Hawk Proskater HD

I should look into getting the DLC.
If memory serves it added more stages and revert. Which IMO was the greatest gamebreaking thing ever added to the series Smiley

InvadErGII
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5686 on: January 02, 2013, 05:50:01 PM »

Revert was added in a title update, so you don't even have to pay for that. There's a few new levels in paid DLC, though.

Missionfailed
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #5687 on: January 02, 2013, 06:12:16 PM »

Me and my son played Metal Slug 3 today
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5688 on: January 02, 2013, 08:33:31 PM »

Rayman Origins (360) - Finally about 3/4 of the way through my 100% playthrough.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5689 on: January 03, 2013, 03:17:05 PM »

Brick Breaker Revolution 3D (WP7) - I really don't like the controls for this, I seem to fight them every now and then :/

slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #5690 on: January 03, 2013, 04:15:12 PM »

Someone is letting me borrow Steel Battalion. I've never played it before but can't wait to try.

Seriously, one of my favorite games ever.  If you only get it for a little while, be sure to put in the code that lets you try out the late game mechs (er, Vertical Tanks).  Make sure you set up a chair for the controller and pedals to get completely comfortable, and if at all possible, set up some surround sound speakers around said chair.

I was one of the last holdouts on it before the servers went down.  Used to have six entire units of the game for LAN parties.  I was disgusted when the servers were dropped and no code was given to unlock anything for LAN play- Now it is locked to the initial starter VTs, with no ability to unlock 90% of the game content for local multiplayer.  Ergh.

Sorry.  Its just that I miss that game's LAN play potential so, so much.  As a single player, it is still such an awesome experience. Smiley

Keelah se'lai
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5691 on: January 03, 2013, 04:16:35 PM »

Brick Breaker Revolution 3D (WP7) - I really don't like the controls for this, I seem to fight them every now and then :/

Finished that a while back. Enjoy the grind on that one.

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #5692 on: January 03, 2013, 04:17:14 PM »

Just downloaded Super Hexagon on iOS.  Man is this game hard/addictive/awesome.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5693 on: January 03, 2013, 04:29:52 PM »

Finished that a while back. Enjoy the grind on that one.
I don't really feel like it, I might not bother with the achievements on this one Tongue

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5694 on: January 03, 2013, 04:38:56 PM »

THPS HD
Finished Career working on Projectives now (like Objective but for PROS how witty)

I think some of these are going to have me pulling my hair out. Collecting COMBO and landing the huge tricks and getting X00,000 in 1 minute hopefully i can lump into one good run.

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5695 on: January 03, 2013, 11:06:50 PM »

Someone is letting me borrow Steel Battalion. I've never played it before but can't wait to try.

Seriously, one of my favorite games ever.  If you only get it for a little while, be sure to put in the code that lets you try out the late game mechs (er, Vertical Tanks).  Make sure you set up a chair for the controller and pedals to get completely comfortable, and if at all possible, set up some surround sound speakers around said chair.

I was one of the last holdouts on it before the servers went down.  Used to have six entire units of the game for LAN parties.  I was disgusted when the servers were dropped and no code was given to unlock anything for LAN play- Now it is locked to the initial starter VTs, with no ability to unlock 90% of the game content for local multiplayer.  Ergh.

Sorry.  Its just that I miss that game's LAN play potential so, so much.  As a single player, it is still such an awesome experience. Smiley

I've been really wanting to play this for a long time. It has been sort of a surprise that it showed up at my house. I don't know how long I'll get to borrow it, but the guy who it belongs to no longer has a Xbox....

I can only wonder what lan parties for this game would be like. Were do you get all the space?  Cheesy

Now I just need to find some time to actually play it. My game playing time is limited and lately Freelancer and Halo 4 have been taking it all up. Decisions, decisions....
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #5696 on: January 04, 2013, 12:02:17 AM »

A couple of couches and the kitchen table, with wires going every which way, two nice TVs and a few dinky ones.  It wasn't the most ideal scenario, of course, but we didn't care.  Now that I have the ideal home setup for it, I already sold all but two of the Steal Battalion setups, although I only did after the LAN play was gimped and the majority of the content locked out after the servers went down.  *sigh*

And get me your Gamertag!  I need more folks to play Halo 4 with.  Although you'll want me to keep my mic off when I play during my recumbent biking, otherwise you'll think I'm one of those perverse 'breather' 12 year olds on Live. Tongue

Keelah se'lai
ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #5697 on: January 04, 2013, 06:57:48 AM »

More Skyrim on 360; finally got 100 in Smithing.

Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown on PS3; still can't beat Dural on Very Hard.

Shenmue on Dreamcast; this is cool. (Pun Intended)

[img width=300 height=70]https://image.ibb.co/fSULkF/Signature_zpsfvzatdip.png[/img]
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #5698 on: January 04, 2013, 07:17:36 AM »

The Last Story: Up to chapter 22. Looking forward to playing some more this weekend.

Lego Lord of the Rings: Played through the story mode with my wife. They do a better job with the open world than Lego Batman 2.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
InvadErGII
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5699 on: January 04, 2013, 10:26:20 AM »

Started Retro City Rampge last night. I think I'm late to the party on this, but hot damn this is as great as it is hilarious.

Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 397 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length