RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 17, 2024, 06:14:03 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The gaming diary 0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 397 Print
Author Topic: The gaming diary  (Read 1005282 times)
GameboyGeek
N-Gage
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4845 on: July 04, 2012, 11:51:20 PM »

Replaying Windwaker for Gamecube. For some reason many people did not like this game, but I think it one of the best in the series.

We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes
Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #4846 on: July 05, 2012, 12:24:24 AM »

Replaying Windwaker for Gamecube. For some reason many people did not like this game, but I think it one of the best in the series.

Never heard anyone hate it. I agree as well best game in the series
Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #4847 on: July 05, 2012, 01:55:28 AM »

Never heard anyone hate it. I agree as well best game in the series
You can't be serious, that game had some major backlash...the main reason was the epic looking trailer they first showed at Space World 2000. Then E3 2001, that game showed up. Fans were divided for sure.

Well I know about space world 2000 but that hate from what i remember was short lived. I was one of those who thought he looked like an elf froma 60's xmas special but after the game released I never heard of anyone hating the actual game. Some still disliked the look (I love it) but never heard anyone hate the game itself.
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4848 on: July 05, 2012, 06:12:06 PM »

More Final Fantasy III SNES

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #4849 on: July 05, 2012, 07:04:22 PM »

Muuucccchhhh more Batman: Arkham City GotY.

I've beaten the game on normal, beat most of the Riddler Challenges (have a few campaign challenges left), then its back to beat the game on hard mode.
two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #4850 on: July 05, 2012, 10:43:22 PM »

Muuucccchhhh more Batman: Arkham City GotY.

I've beaten the game on normal, beat most of the Riddler Challenges (have a few campaign challenges left), then its back to beat the game on hard mode.

i picked that up when it first came out and only played for about an hour, i need 2 get back into it. keeping on topic i've been playing pinball fx2 on xbla, any of you guys got tables and wanna add me so we can compete for high scores?

Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #4851 on: July 06, 2012, 01:39:45 AM »

am nerding out hardcore. I just hooked up my Sega Saturn for the first time and played Panzer Dragoon. Loved it. Played a few levels. Now I'm doing things Kieth A. Style. Listening to my Ys I & II chronicles OST on the Saturn. Fuck I'm a nerd and I love it!
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4852 on: July 06, 2012, 01:48:42 AM »

^ The Panzer Dragoon series is a great set of games. If you don't have the others do yourself a favor and track them down.

Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #4853 on: July 06, 2012, 01:53:44 AM »

I just have Orta and the first. Doubt I will ever find SAGA and could not afford it anyway
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4854 on: July 06, 2012, 05:40:29 AM »

My brother came over tonight and with my son the three of us had a fighting marathon. Started with Super Street Fighter IV AE, then moved to Marvel vs. Capcom 3, to Blaz Blue, to Pocket Fighter and ended with my personal favorite, King of Fighters XIII. It was a blast!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #4855 on: July 07, 2012, 04:45:10 AM »

I beat Fallout: New Vegas and got the "Independent New Vegas" Ending.

[img width=300 height=70]https://image.ibb.co/fSULkF/Signature_zpsfvzatdip.png[/img]
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4856 on: July 07, 2012, 08:02:51 AM »

Going through Swords and Serpents for NES.  I knew I was in my element when I had to hunt down the pad of graph paper left over from my College Math course.  Yes!

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4857 on: July 07, 2012, 08:36:43 AM »

Going through Swords and Serpents for NES.  I knew I was in my element when I had to hunt down the pad of graph paper left over from my College Math course.  Yes!

That always brings back great memories. I had a giant stack of graph paper maps from going through Phantasy Star when I was younger Cheesy

ixtaileddemonfox
Weapon X
TurboGrafx-16

Stats
« Reply #4858 on: July 07, 2012, 08:53:58 AM »

Just got 11 more online challenges done for burnout paradise city.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4859 on: July 08, 2012, 11:44:37 AM »

I've been playing this stuff

Feeding Frenzy - started last night. currently at 20k/40k fish. Should be close on 10 hours play time. Then i am done.

Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix - started this earlier in the week finished it last night

Dungeon Siege III - messed around with the co-op. Should have all the 4playerstuff done now except beat the game with 4 players in party.

DeathSpank: The Baconing - just started it. Ended up not really being in the mood for it. Kind of disappointed it didn't suck me right in. The other 2 were pretty enjoyable.

Marble Blast Ultra - completed a couple more of the Advanced levels and then got them under par time. Still have a few more to do.

Scramble - this game sucks. If you enjoyed this back in the day i can't understand why...

Switchball - seems like a harder more puzzle oriented Marble Blast Ultra

Scrap Metal - started and finished this last week too. Nothing special but it was a decent top down style racing game. Not worth full MSP cost though.

The Oregon Trail (WP) - started and finished this. Ended up doing 2 full playthrus since an achievement glitched on me and a partial to wrap up the hunting achievements. Enjoyable but very different from the original.

Kinect Fun Labs: Avatar Kinect - finally got a group of people together for the 5 player achievement and finished up the other co-op. Another one completed.

Double Fine Happy Action Theater - had my family over for a BBQ on the 4th. Had a bunch of people over but for whatever reason the kinect would not register 6 at once for my final achievement. So i got creative later that night. http://sdrv.ms/Ne1j8v only took about 20 minutes to get it to register each thing as a person. That wrapped up that one too. Freed up another several hundred MB by deleting that.

Vigilante 8 Arcade - started and finished this last week. Was pretty repetitive but i enjoyed it. I loved the series on PSX and i think this is down to 400 MSP now. Worth the price IMO especially if you are a fan.

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City - beat this several times and replayed stages dozens of times. Still need to play more to finish getting all the XP needed to unlock all the items. Still need to get S rank on 2 or 3 more stages. Still need to get S+ on all stages. Still need to do a couple multiplayer things. Do not recommend this game. The background story was great but as far as finishing the achievements it just takes WAY too long. Me and 1 other person beat it on co-op on the highest difficulty in just over 6 hours on our first attempt. I have something like 30+ hours into it now and have maybe half of the stuff unlocked.

Kinect Fun Labs: 5 Micro Lab Challenge - another free one. US exclusive. first 6 people to finish it were Europeans i was the 7th.

Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster - was fun the first playthru with my son. But having to play through the game 3 times was pretty lame. Especially since he didn't enjoy it enough to want to play it again.

Twister Mania - played far enough to get 1 new achievement. This isn't really enjoyable IMO.

Asteroids & Deluxe - unlocked 1 new achievement here too. Still 1-3 more in this i could potentially get.

Nexuiz - was 200 MSP on DotW so i grabbed this and started it too. It seems like a faster paced UT. But it runs on a different engine. And doesn't control as well. Well worth 200 MSP though.

Shoot Many Robots - overrated. Popped 1 achievement and stuck it back on the virtual shelf. It has co-op so i might try and trick people into going thru it. At least having a group might make it more palatable.

Chickens Can't Fly (WP) - started making progress in this again since i lost my phone and all the games/saves/everything else on it.

RAGE - did the online and co-op stuff for this. Actually had fun with this one too. Didn;t realize it was a multidisc game until i opened it up. Not sure when i will get back to it though...

Pinball FX 2 - got a few achievements spread out across a few different tables. I generally enjoy going back to this one especially since i still haven't played some of the tables i own.

Bug Village (WP) - finished this POS while i was taking care of my grandmother last week. Glad to be done with that finally. Was almost done with this before losing my phone also. So this was a 3rd playthru >:-(

Apples to Apples - played this on and off. I get random invites from people who only play this game. Since i need to play 500 matches i join them if i am not doing anything pressing.

Diner Dash - still need to get back into the single player for this. Wrapped up all the online.

Fable II Pub Games - started this awhile ago. Finished it the first week of my house sitting.

de Blob Revolution (WP) - had made significant progress before losing phone. Need to restart it still and do it all over :-/

Rhythm Party - Kinect game. Has a lame song selection. I believe it is something like 6 songs. There is YMCA, something from lady Gaga and i think 2 songs from Vanilla ice. It is also brutally difficult and makes for a great work out.

Phantasy Star Universe - nominal progress made.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - been working on the online.

Bejeweled (WP) - need to restart this too. I was around 600k gems. Now i am around 10k gems. Roughly 150 more hours of game play needed to get to 1 million.

I think that covers all bases for stuff i played while i was taking care of my parents house....

EDIT
Oh yea only got about 5 more hours into EA Active 2 running. I wanted to do 1-2 hours a day but petered off pretty quickly. I am determined to finish. But i am worried that my counter is going to get effed up. It has already zeroed out 3 or 4 exercizes and started counting down a few other ones. So long as running doesn't mess up though i don't care about any of the other ones being accurate.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 11:50:24 AM by Izret101 » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 397 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length