RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 18, 2024, 04:22:22 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The gaming diary 0 Members and 14 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 397 Print
Author Topic: The gaming diary  (Read 1006193 times)
Barracuda
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4530 on: April 28, 2012, 08:46:45 AM »

Dead Island. So far so good.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4531 on: April 28, 2012, 11:02:48 AM »

How does it compare to L4D and/or DeadRising?

I liked bits of both but overall couldn't get into either of them.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #4532 on: April 28, 2012, 12:14:05 PM »

Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes - this game is pretty awesome so far. I can't be 100% certain but the battle system seems unique to me. I like it.

I picked this one up awhile ago after playing the trial game. It's pretty good. I can see where it would be addictive. Solid turn-based strategy.

Dead Island. So far so good.

Hit me up if you're online and want to play co-op. I'm pretty far into it, but I'd be glad to drop in and help out.

How does it compare to L4D and/or DeadRising?

I liked bits of both but overall couldn't get into either of them.

Dead Island is a blast! It's open world, but there's missions that you need to go on to develop the story, with an abundance of side quests to get you cool weapons, mods, xp, and cash. There's skill trees (making it RPG-lite) and weapon crafting/repairing (TONS of stuff to make...and finding the ingredients to do so is a nice sub-theme personal challenge) as well.

The zombies are not as brutal and fast as they are in L4D; and there's no psychotic "director" dictating the action like what Valve put into L4D based on your skill level of play. The Dead Island zombies are tough, though, but killing them is VERY satisfying.

The best way to describe Dead Island is that the overall story and atmosphere feels like a Far Cry game (because it's very open-world and you do use vehicles and guns), crossed with Fallout 3 (weapon crafting system), Borderlands (skill tree mechanic) and Dead Rising 1 & 2 (you can use tons of different things as weapons), but with zombies of variable speeed and toughness to provide a significant challenge. It's a VERY underrated game! Cool
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 12:17:28 PM by phoenix1967 » Logged

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4533 on: April 28, 2012, 04:35:31 PM »

Well i grabbed Dead Island for 10 bucks new earlier this week and you used Borderlands as a comparison game so i will definitely give it a shot in the near future.

Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4534 on: April 28, 2012, 08:39:29 PM »

I'm playing Postal 2 for some reason.

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

a_hub10
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #4535 on: April 28, 2012, 09:55:03 PM »

So much Fable II.
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4536 on: April 28, 2012, 10:19:51 PM »

Played a few games on the SNES today.  Breath of Fire II, Jurassic Park II, Magic Sword and SF Alpha 2

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #4537 on: April 28, 2012, 10:29:02 PM »

Just got back from the Cowlitz Gamers for Kids Classic Video Game Show. Met some people, bought a bunch of games. Blog post coming....
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4538 on: April 29, 2012, 12:17:16 AM »

Wordament -  this game is way harder when drunk.

EA Sports Active 2 - my 50 min biking took me 1 hour 25 mins. I swap time zones tomorrow night so i can do todays work out since i probably wont get to my kinect until after midnight agina.

Texas Holdem - got Luck of the Draw last night/this morning and did not known until 20 mins ago. Guess i can stop turboing that game now. Downside is i will have to suck it up and spend HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS doing the fucking slow meticulous tourneys. I wish the AI was more risk taking. But they only seem to bet when they have a sure fire win. So it seems like the only way to win is by taking blinds :-/

Deafens Proner
Sega Genesis
Brazil

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4539 on: April 29, 2012, 09:13:13 AM »

I'm playin' Super Mario RPG on a crappy emulator Undecided

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #4540 on: April 29, 2012, 10:04:28 AM »

On disc 2 of Shenmue!

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #4541 on: April 29, 2012, 12:18:34 PM »

Well i grabbed Dead Island for 10 bucks new earlier this week and you used Borderlands as a comparison game so i will definitely give it a shot in the near future.

Awesome price! Where was that?

Been playing a lot of Trials Evolution.

Played the trial games for Fez (surprisingly a VERY good game!...definitely a throwback homage to 8-bit and 16-bit gaming) and The Walking Dead (short trial, but very intriguing regarding how story-intensive it is).

Played a LOT of multiplayer the other night with friends offline: Call of Duty 3, Trials Evolution, NBA Jam: OFE, Blur, UFC3.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4542 on: April 29, 2012, 01:47:54 PM »

Awesome price! Where was that?

Been playing a lot of Trials Evolution.

Played the trial games for Fez (surprisingly a VERY good game!...definitely a throwback homage to 8-bit and 16-bit gaming) and The Walking Dead (short trial, but very intriguing regarding how story-intensive it is).

Played a LOT of multiplayer the other night with friends offline: Call of Duty 3, Trials Evolution, NBA Jam: OFE, Blur, UFC3.

i used the Target trade in 2 50 cent games for a 20$ coupon towards a new purchase deal outlined in the Hot Deals and Promotion s thread. Not all targets accept it though. And even if it says online that a target near you offers it the employees are probably brain dead and will tell you Gamestop is the only company in the world that takes used games. True story. It happened to me at the first Target i went to.

Wordament - back into the top 250 players in the world. I didn't really play for like 3 days so it didn't take me nearly as long as i had expected to break back into it. But I would have to play non stop for DAYS to move back up into the top 40 where i was. Those top scores are huge.

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4543 on: April 29, 2012, 08:09:50 PM »

Super Street Fighter II SNES

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4544 on: April 29, 2012, 08:10:19 PM »

finished battlefield 3 campaign finally, after putting over 180 hours into the multiplayer lol
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 397 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length